Dressing Better Vol 2.0

On the topic of gloves, these Orleys are dope:

All Wis there. My favorite pairs of leather gloves were actually bought from Target on clearance lol. Paid $7 for each, genuine leather with thinsulate. Those beat the hell out of my Johnston & Murphy ones (impulse buy) that I paid $20 for, those don't warm you up for anything.

Saw those quilted joints on sale last winter at nordstrom. Possibly will cop this year if they have em again.

good job...

No, my hands still gets cold, especially in the morning when I have to drive. Being in SoCal, we actually get colder quicker because we are so used to warmer climates so a slight drop in temp does affect me at least. It's all about being comfortable, 50's isn't sweater weather to me, I'm not going to be wearing a goosedown jacket or anything but that is jacket weather for me.

THIS. I'm from LA and people on the East Coast don't understand this, but even now I find myself playing that with LA people too. Plus it can actually dip into the 40s in Fall/Winter in LA during the night.

A quick question, who do you guys think are the best suit tailors in the world? Recognition, prestige etc.; all-in-all. I'm thinking bespoke or M2M.
Any insight/names/tips would be useful.

I think it's subjective man. There are different levels of bespoke and of MTM. I've seen horror stories for both and really good stories for both. Personally I like my bespoke tailor but don't have the means to drop money on a bespoke suit every few months.

I just wanna wear my f****ing top coat. This warm NJ october bull crap is making me super >:

This weather sucks, rainy, windy AND humid. I would like to wear my overcoat but honestly it's only dipping to the low 60s this week so I can't even warrant it.

Last edited:
It was finally cool enough for a sweater today. Pulled out an old Uniqlo wool sweat turns out the moths got too it. A lot of holes in the front. I need to start storing these in containers
I have a bunch of cedar in my closet and have been golden so far

Your fingers don't get cold with the mma gloves?

Nope, plus I hate removing my gloves to use my phone too and all those gloves with pressure sensitive tips are just ugly to me and look like skiing gloves.

I bought a pair of fingerless wool gloves from BR a couple years ago and they're much better at keeping my hands warm as well as using them for typing on an iPhone than my North Face E-Tip gloves.

Seems like general consensus online is the CT (charles tyrwhitt) 4/$200 is a good value

Anyone in here with direct experience on quality and fit? I'm looking at the extra slim fit

Tia

i use to do fingerless, but i figure now it'll be better for me, can't text while driving, and the only time i'll have the gloves on are to/from/in the car. 

Seems like general consensus online is the CT (charles tyrwhitt) 4/$200 is a good value

Anyone in here with direct experience on quality and fit? I'm looking at the extra slim fit

Tia

They're not that slim for me unfortunately( I'm 6-1/190 for reference), gonna have to get the sleeves and sides altered on mine...like the collars though [emoji]128533[/emoji]

Last edited:

Tia

They're not that slim for me unfortunately( I'm 6-1/190 for reference), gonna have to get the sleeves and sides altered on mine...like the collars though [emoji]128533[/emoji]
Their ESF is booty. My shirt definitely is far too big in my mid and arms. Just don't feel like paying to alter it at this point. However, if you get em, go non iron or size up on sleeve length. There is some shrinkage that affected the one i have that wasn't non iron.

Ok thanks guys, are the arm holes cut high? And is the shirt baggy at all toward the lower back when tucked in?

For ref I'm 6'3" 200lbs, not buff but pretty athletic build, I generally like my clothes slim but not as tight like you see in GQ, etc.

i use to do fingerless, but i figure now it'll be better for me, can't text while driving, and the only time i'll have the gloves on are to/from/in the car. 
Same here. It's pretty darn warm at the office. I may have the gloves on too when I'm walking around for a long duration.

Dang. Can't wait for it to get cooler so I can walk around downtown in dope coats :pimp:

Their ESF is booty. My shirt definitely is far too big in my mid and arms. Just don't feel like paying to alter it at this point. However, if you get em, go non iron or size up on sleeve length. There is some shrinkage that affected the one i have that wasn't non iron.

Sounds like you want a "tapered" shirt, thoms pink is prob more suited for your frame, though not sure if those get discounted much

Sounds like you want a "tapered" shirt, thoms pink is prob more suited for your frame, though not sure if those get discounted much
I'm gonna go MTM next. Most OTR is just not working for me.

Yeah I'm def in the minority when it comes to CT but I like them. I have yet to get the measurements right for MTM. But for the price and quality it looks like Luxire can't be beat

Yeah I'm def in the minority when it comes to CT but I like them. I have yet to get the measurements right for MTM. But for the price and quality it looks like Luxire can't be beat
Im shopping around on brands. How is luxire? I'm looking to buy at least 3 shirts next week. White, blue stripe, and blue gingham. Still not sure on brands. As for white, would this be a normal dress shirt material:
http://luxire.com/collections/whites/products/lusterous-fine-white#Customize

I'm gonna go MTM next. Most OTR is just not working for me.
Check out Kamakura in NYC
Pretty slim and high armholes

As far as Luxire, i've ordered pants and shirts from them and it's been fine with me. Other ppl on styleforum had complaints though.

Nordstrom trim fit. Thank me later.
Can be had for $20 at the rack. I stock up on 5-6 fresh ones every year and rock em n then throw em out.

Only draw back is that there is only one collar shape, can't wear cufflinks, less choices

But if u wanna invest real dough go mtm like Pinoy and Wj4 said

Last edited:
Im shopping around on brands. How is luxire? I'm looking to buy at least 3 shirts next week. White, blue stripe, and blue gingham. Still not sure on brands. As for white, would this be a normal dress shirt material:

yeah looks like it. Luxire will pretty much do whatever you want. I had an OCBD made and wanted a really nice roll so told them to make the collar tip length 9.25" and it looks great. I got the chest and waist measurements wrong though so it's too tight

yeah looks like it. Luxire will pretty much do whatever you want. I had an OCBD made and wanted a really nice roll so told them to make the collar tip length 9.25" and it looks great. I got the chest and waist measurements wrong though so it's too tight
I'll contemplate. The homie Wis texted me pushing mytailor immediately though. I assume he's working on commission.

Back
Top Bottom