Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Shirt and pants - JCrew
Loafers - Cole Haan
I actually like the color combination, but I think it would look killer with white sneakers and the shirt sleeves rolled up. The shirt can be better fitting though. The shirt, overall, looks too full and the length of the sleeve is too long. Keep on goin', my man! :smokin

I've grown to really favor a heather gray crew neck t shirt over other iterations. Prior to this, like many others, I loved a good fitting white v-neck. There would be lazy days where I don't really wanna dress up or too rushed or whatever the reason may be. On those days, I pull out the gray crew neck and it's gone well with everything so far...jeans, shorts, chinos, proper trousers (dress pants) of all colors and patterns. I think it's because the gray color is so bland, it just blends well where as the white is extra bright and clashes with certain colors/patterns.

What would be an ideal color khaki to wear with blue wing tips? Just bought these:

shoes_iaec1301976.jpg

(Also got tan with the red sole) Curious what ideas you got.

What would be an ideal color khaki to wear with blue wing tips? Just bought these:
shoes_iaec1301976.jpg

(Also got tan with the red sole) Curious what ideas you got.
Khaki is a color. It's a tan shade color with numerous hues in-between. Are you referring to chinos by any chance?

Khaki chinos would look killer with those. If you can find a pair in light blue, it would also go very well. Light to medium gray would also be nice. Light blue and light/medium gray would work well with both pairs. Khaki would work well with the navy pair, but would blend too much with the tan version so not as versatile there.

Shirt and pants - JCrew

Loafers - Cole Haan
Nice fit from the waist up..(although the sleeves could be a tad bit shorter)...but the pants are just way toooo tight...I cant imagine them being comfortable at all...As for the color of the pants, def not for me...However, they do not look bad on u...lastly, try matching a burgundy belt with those burgundy Cole Haan tassel loafers

I'm currently looking at persol 714's and 649's on ebay and i see that most are being sold for below retail and all are claiming to be 100% authentic. Just wondering if they really are legit? anyone care to share some info or thoughts on these? thanks
I bought my 714 Steve McQueens (Blue lenses ftw) from Saks Off Fifth about a month ago for $70. Maybe check if you have one of those stores in your area first. Otherwise, usually if it's too good to be true (on eBay at least), it is.

I'm currently looking at persol 714's and 649's on ebay and i see that most are being sold for below retail and all are claiming to be 100% authentic. Just wondering if they really are legit? anyone care to share some info or thoughts on these? thanks
I bought my 714 Steve McQueens (Blue lenses ftw) for $70 from Saks Off Fifth about a month ago for $70, so if you have one of those stores nearby you should check there first. Usually, if the price is too good to be true, it is.

what are some nice khakis or chinos similar to the alpha dockers in terms of fit?
If ur willing to spend some money >>> wings + Horns west point chino (olive, khaki, navy) have an excellent fit with a 15 inch lower leg/ankle opening...Mid Range: Club Monaco, Brooks Brothers Milano, and J Crew

If ur willing to spend some money >>> wings + Horns west point chino (olive, khaki, navy) have an excellent fit with a 15 inch lower leg/ankle opening...Mid Range: Club Monaco, Brooks Brothers Milano, and J Crew

what are some nice khakis or chinos similar to the alpha dockers in terms of fit?

Uniqlo chinos, Hawkings McGill slim chino from urbanoutfitters, Levis 511 pant and J.Crew 484 are nice.

I also want to throw in Epaulet in there. I would put them at a slightly higher quality than the Brooks Bros higher line of made in USA items. Epaulet chinos are about $135-180 and the quality surpasses that. This is why 85% of my trousers are from them.

finally bought myself a blazer, found this one at a thrift store and it fit me perfect.
i'm trying to step out of my comfort zone when it comes to dressing, so i picked up
the burgundy khakis. i feel like if i can wear those with confidence, i will be alright.
just a little tailoring will make them work. the ties were thrift store finds also

finally bought myself a blazer, found this one at a thrift store and it fit me perfect.
i'm trying to step out of my comfort zone when it comes to dressing, so i picked up
the burgundy khakis. i feel like if i can wear those with confidence, i will be alright.
just a little tailoring will make them work. the ties were thrift store finds also

yeah, you could just rock a plain white dress shirt and you'll be set :smokin

anyone else like being the quintessential douche dressed in all black from time to time?

It works for me because i've got very dark hair, a black beard, and a few nice chest hairs that poke through. :tongue:

Headed to a wedding this weekend and need your suggestions...

Black Suit (Slim/Euro fit)
White shirt
Solid Purple Skinny Tie (a bit lighter than the VIkings Purple)
White Pocket Square????

Need suggestions on the square color? White, black or no square?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom