Dressing Better Vol 2.0

^ ^ ^
I still rock the long sideburns. :wow:

and cargo shorts. The problem with this list (and every other fashion authority) is that they assume everyone is 5'9" and 160 lbs and can wear slim straight jeans and skinny ties. No one talks about dressing for your body type. For example, I am 6'1" and 225lbs with an athletic build and it would be ludicrous for me to follow all the advice in Esquire and the like because I without looking like the Supreme Swag Surfin guy. You gotta find what works for your body type and go with it, not just what the blogs say.

/rant

Info?

The guy on the far left looks like a poser, where does he work that would accept this as dress code? What crowd does he belong to? What school does he attend.
The guy on the far right wears his suit well though.

I'm just curious to know what's running through this guy's head while he walks around New York in that suit and those boots? I'd pay money to experience his thoughts just so I could laugh harder at how ridiculous he actually looks and not feel guilty for assuming.

That is the definition of doing the most....but to each their own. If you look just like a Brooks Brothers mannequin, you are probably doing too much.

That is the definition of doing the most....but to each their own. If you look just like a Brooks Brothers mannequin, you are probably doing too much.
Exactly, if you aren't old money or part of a corporate board you shouldn't even be dressing like that. It's understandable to adopt fashion trends, but know YOUR limits. 
If you need a rule of thumb, Bradley Cooper in Limitless is how you should dress if you're wearing suits. 

What's the quality like on ASOS suits? Are they worth buying? The prices are pretty good as well and I haven't seen anything besides zara or H&M in that price range for suits. Any reviews?

The guy on the far left looks like a poser, where does he work that would accept this as dress code? What crowd does he belong to? What school does he attend.

The guy on the far right wears his suit well though.

I'm just curious to know what's running through this guy's head while he walks around New York in that suit and those boots? I'd pay money to experience his thoughts just so I could laugh harder at how ridiculous he actually looks and not feel guilty for assuming.

The funny thing about it, is that these children dont even work in a corporate setting that would warrant dressing up in that suit. :smh:

These just dressing up for the hell of it and walking around NYC, in the summer trying to feel important. :smh:

Must be really uncomfortable....but they fashion bloggers...:tongue:

Dudes is like Scott disick wearing Bespoke suits like they going to work at Wall Street.....but just walking around the city with no destination.

Shout out to Joshua Kissi though....my dude is Euro'd out...dude thinks he's from London or Paris....my dude you from Accra or Lagos...lol....from the Somalia/Ethiopia to being a Euro-Centric Brotha...I aint em mad..8)

and cargo shorts. The problem with this list (and every other fashion authority) is that they assume everyone is 5'9" and 160 lbs and can wear slim straight jeans and skinny ties. No one talks about dressing for your body type. For example, I am 6'1" and 225lbs with an athletic build and it would be ludicrous for me to follow all the advice in Esquire and the like because I without looking like the Supreme Swag Surfin guy. You gotta find what works for your body type and go with it, not just what the blogs say.
/rant
I'm 6'1 225 as well and I can't agree with you more..I would look like a damn fool trying to emulate most of the looks that I see in the magazines or fashion blogs...That's why I try my best to take the things that I like from fashion blogs and magazines, and then incorporate them into my own sense of style...

sneakertalk I.D. (formerly niketalk)   SRYDER26

i was trying to get my Ksteezy on 8)

jcrew chambray

tank from urban outfitters

levis 511's

vans
2eq410i.jpg

I like...I've always wondering how that jcrew shirt would look like if worn correctly. I really like the tank underneath. Wish I could find a v-neck similar to that or with an all over design..any suggestions?

With that said....a bespoke suit would make a confident go-to fit for formal occasions.

like the tank x chambray collab...gonna have to steal that famb :lol:

Any chubby guys dressing like this? Please post pics.

Im not into the skin tight pants. Doesnt look good on a chubby dude. Thanks.

This already feels EXTREMELY dated.

1. Square Toe Shoes - You still see these a lot, :x, even by people I know and I tell them too but old habits die hard. I admit I used to have a pair, back in the day when I would only dress up once in a blue moon.

2. Jeans you walk on- If you are into sneakers this is a tough one, cause jeans that go over sneakers well (514's), will drag with low profile sneakers (vans, JP's), :smh:. 514's with sneakers, and 521's with low profile sneakers. Got to make it work. I've always hated stepping on my jeans.

3. Really Wide Clown Ties - Not really common, but if you have a suit with wide lapels, it works. Skinny ties are not timeless either. I prefer slim ties, it's a happy-medium.

4. Velcro Wallet - LOL, dumped mine in middle school.

5. Wrap around shades - Still have a couple of pairs, mostly used when I'm doing physical work/sports outdoors.

6. Steve Madden Style Shoes - Still see these around as well, :x:x:x:x:x, never owned a pair.

7. Billowy Dress Shirts - Guilty, still have some that need to be taken in. Weight's been fluctuating the past 18 months :smh:

8. Velcro Sandals - :x

9. Wide Leg/Bootcut/ Flared Jeans - Any fashion forward male has moved on from this, very outdated.

10. Baggy Cargo Shorts - I still use my cargo's, convenient and comfortable. I do have other types of shorts, but cargo's stay in the rotation.

11. Long sideburns - :rolleyes, kind of a reach here and random.

My full grain belt project is coming along nicely, I'm just waiting for my leather punch to come in the mail everything else is taken care of....I'll post some pics of the whole process once I'm done with adding the holes

1. Square Toe Shoes - You still see these a lot, :x, even by people I know and I tell them too but old habits die hard. I admit I used to have a pair, back in the day when I would only dress up once in a blue moon.
2. Jeans you walk on- If you are into sneakers this is a tough one, cause jeans that go over sneakers well (514's), will drag with low profile sneakers (vans, JP's), :smh:. 514's with sneakers, and 521's with low profile sneakers. Got to make it work. I've always hated stepping on my jeans.
3. Really Wide Clown Ties - Not really common, but if you have a suit with wide lapels, it works. Skinny ties are not timeless either. I prefer slim ties, it's a happy-medium.
4. Velcro Wallet - LOL, dumped mine in middle school.
5. Wrap around shades - Still have a couple of pairs, mostly used when I'm doing physical work/sports outdoors.
6. Steve Madden Style Shoes - Still see these around as well, :x:x:x:x:x, never owned a pair.
7. Billowy Dress Shirts - Guilty, still have some that need to be taken in. Weight's been fluctuating the past 18 months :smh:
8. Velcro Sandals - :x
9. Wide Leg/Bootcut/ Flared Jeans - Any fashion forward male has moved on from this, very outdated.
10. Baggy Cargo Shorts - I still use my cargo's, convenient and comfortable. I do have other types of shorts, but cargo's stay in the rotation.
11. Long sideburns - :rolleyes, kind of a reach here and random.

you could have just linked to the primer mag article :lol:

Last edited:
My full grain belt project is coming along nicely, I'm just waiting for my leather punch to come in the mail everything else is taken care of....I'll post some pics of the whole process once I'm done with adding the holes
Looking forward to this.

Back
Top Bottom