Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Fellas I need some assistance, I bought a RL peacoat (never had one before) in a 44L I'm 6'3 210 and It feels good but looks big, are pea coats generally oversized? I'm thinking to try a size down or to tailor it and maybe bring it in a bit, not sure if its supposed to be "fitted" though… pics for reference… it was $87 during a Macys sale fyi, good buy.

Peacoats really shouldn't be THAT fitted. I would rock a more chunky sweater and try that jacket on and see how it looks and make changes as necessary. You're typically not going to rock just a t-shirt under a peacoat. Sleeve length should be slightly longer than blazer sleeve lengths, maybe 1" longer.

Also, the Lauren line is typically crap lol.

Yes this is the Lauren line, guess I got what I paid for, I will try it on with some sweaters and take it from there, much appreciated fellas.. I lady friend of mine said it looks "boxy" but I have big shoulders and don't think I can go down to a 42L. I just called Macys and of course none of these stores around me have one to try on. I think that academy peacoat is $500 @ Type R.. :x

Bros Im about to pull the trigger on these Dalton so Im usually a 9.5 in sneakers. Should I go with the 9?

I'm a 9.5/10 and I'm a 42. I've had a pair of 43's and they are simply too long. I have pretty wide feet so they absolutely kill the first few wears but they break in pretty damn well.

edit: @RFX - how do you size your SLP sneakers compared to CP's?

Last edited:
I'm a 9.5/10 and I'm a 42. I've had a pair of 43's and they are simply too long. I have pretty wide feet so they absolutely kill the first few wears but they break in pretty damn well.

edit: @RFX - how do you size your SLP sneakers compared to CP's?

Cosign..

I have the same measurements.

Yes this is the Lauren line, guess I got what I paid for, I will try it on with some sweaters and take it from there, much appreciated fellas.. I lady friend of mine said it looks "boxy" but I have big shoulders and don't think I can go down to a 42L. I just called Macys and of course none of these stores around me have one to try on. I think that academy peacoat is $500 @ Type R.. :x

Peacoat looks like the right size. Ya'll all used to them extra smedium clothes. Like the other guy says, you are going to wear more than a tee underneath so I wouldn't recommend going smaller.

All that peacoat needs is to be taken in at the waist.

It's impossible to get an extra slim look with a REAL pea coat due to the thickness of the wool and all the padding on the inside. Those super slim peacoats are usually only wool blends that provide the warmth of a flannel shirt :x

Last edited:
Speaking of pea coats, I quit being a brand @#$%@ for a second and bought a military issue pea coat for $200. 32 oz melton wool :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: Paid $20 to tailor the sleeves and now it's perfect

Last edited:
You're the rl connect bro. You know no one is paying retail for that. I think I paid $100 when my boy used to work at rl

regarding the peacoat question i got one about 5 years ago in M but it fits a bit like yours..i personally like it. i've been buying slim stuff lately but i've never been a fan of the super slim, short peacoat look.

Its almost friday, at least wait and see if any sales pop up… unless you have some place you really wanna wear them to

Hey Kal I was checking out the site(I really like the layout) and I was curious about those RL Chukka Boots. Where'd you get those?? How's the fit? And that price...damn...

Fitting today... (the shoulders are still being fixed, there's a bunch of pins around my back as well)

Spent some time deciding on the one button or two button.

I'm leaning towards the 2-button to be conventional, but a part of me just wants to say F it, and rock a 1-button (obviously the lapels will be re-rolled)
Ever since I saw a host on Bloomberg wearing a 1 button more than once, I thought to myself, why should I limit myself.

Maybe I should just go 2 button and rather wait until I get another navy blue around Feb to get the 1-button.

Was just playing around with ties and pocket squares he had lingering around. I looked at everything from brown, pink, yellow to purple etc

Back
Top Bottom