Dressing Better Vol 2.0

They also sell shearling insoles that are great for putting in boots to make them warmer. I put them in my pair.

Hey guys, quick question. With the current promo going on plus a 10% discount code (CSS2946), I can purchase these for $491.05 after tax. Good deal or should I hold out?
http://m.ralphlauren.com/product/in...rodEvar=Shopping+Bag&ab=GeoMobile_iUS_rUS_dUS

For 500 they're are better options out there. I personally like Del Toro velvet slippers better, more color selection and cheaper.

:pimp: congrats Carlin and happy holidays.

wj4, I'll be interested in the giveaway as well after hearing the details.

Before I get started...sneakerpimp: great stuff, man.

There are a lot of issues that need to be ironed out. Like Rob said, if you can afford to buy Jordans and such, then this is not for you because you can afford to go to at least H&M and make yourself look presentable. If you are a struggling student who's in college in order to pave way for a better future and absolutely has no means to get some decent clothes, then hopefully the members can help out. It is doubtful if you will get a Zegna suit with John Lobb shoes though or anything you would see in GQ. The point is to be able to get enough items to make you look presentable. Some NTers may have items hidden in the back of their closet that they will not mind donating to a greater cause. I do this on a regular basis so my closet stays lean, meaning everything is wearable. Ex: I don't have any shirts that I can't fully button or with sleeves too long, they get donated to individuals who fit that particular physique. This part hits home for me because I didn't have much growing up as a kid in the U.S.

As evident from previous giveaways, it is extremely difficult to weed out the needies from those who just want to take. I'm not sure how this will be done, if this program is adopted. I'm also not sure how many regulars still post, so I'm not sure how viable this program would be.

It is greatly appreciated that Carlin made that offer. I didn't even have a suit until I started my first professional job. I didn't even have Red Wings and such for that matter. Shoes over $200 were really expensive for me as an undergrad. For my interviews, I pieced outfits together...cardigan, chinos, Clarks desert boots, random shirt, etc. just to make it work. I truly believe that you don't need to look GQ sharp for an interview for most fields. As long as you look presentable, that is good enough. What you know and how you carry yourself will determine if you get the job. That would be the goal here...if you have absolutely nothing you can wear to interviews, then hopefully some folks here will be able to help you out and get the ball rolling.

I personally find that it is as satisfying to give as it is to receive. I've always mentioned that a great portion of this thread extends beyond clothing, and more about spreading positivity and be able to help each other in whatever ways we can.

Again, it is just a train of thought at this point with nothing structured.

The struggle is real as a undergrad or a grad student.

Good thing I get to wear scrubs everyday, but that's a downside to, especially when I dress up and am the only person in the building with business casual clothes on. Oh well, got to put some of the clothes to use.

Great idea though.

Just food for thought:

My company works with a local firm that helps out of work Americans re enter the workforce by providing them with professional wardrobe. We donate clothes that are no longer or rarely used with a goal of benefitting someone else.

Historically, this thread is pretty tight knit and members even sent clothes to others for free. It was a piloted idea that never took off really. I know a lot of the gents here are college students that will enter the professional world soon. Some may not have the proper wardrobe for the interviews nor have the funds to acquire the outfits. Not sure if the members here would be willing to get rid of their old clothes for these up and coming professionals so they can at least have a starting foundation.

Again, this is food for thought. A lot of logistics will have to be ironed out if it goes down.

This is a great idea. I also suggest looking into organizations that do that. CareerGear for one is a great one. They take donated suits and give it to the less fortunate so that they have something to wear. I've donated about 4 suits to them in the past.

Just food for thought:

My company works with a local firm that helps out of work Americans re enter the workforce by providing them with professional wardrobe. We donate clothes that are no longer or rarely used with a goal of benefitting someone else.

Historically, this thread is pretty tight knit and members even sent clothes to others for free. It was a piloted idea that never took off really. I know a lot of the gents here are college students that will enter the professional world soon. Some may not have the proper wardrobe for the interviews nor have the funds to acquire the outfits. Not sure if the members here would be willing to get rid of their old clothes for these up and coming professionals so they can at least have a starting foundation.

Again, this is food for thought. A lot of logistics will have to be ironed out if it goes down.

I may have a couple suits to give away, I will post details once I know for sure.

In other news, NTers have contributed over $1,000 to my AE sales today, on top of my normal Black Friday sales.  Dat commision lol.  Just wanted to thank all that have ordered from me in the past and wish all a happy holidays.

Thanks for putting up with me im a pain in the *** I know. Ill holla around valentines for them daltons and probably loafers before that :pimp:

Im so thirsty for the shoes to arrive I had my girl pick up shoe trees and a horsehair brush for em today :lol:

Last edited:
This is a great idea. I also suggest looking into organizations that do that. CareerGear for one is a great one. They take donated suits and give it to the less fortunate so that they have something to wear. I've donated about 4 suits to them in the past.

Im gonna look this up, i have a lot of non fitting pieces i will never fit into again.

Thanks guys..The original question was if I should have went with black velvet blazer or some reg blk polyester blazer off zara..Another question I have is on the fit of those Zara blazers..Do they tend to have a slim fit..I'm 5'8 145 and I will be making the purchase online. Dont really visit this thread often but you guys seem pretty helpful.

Topshop is really good guys.
i always thought topshop is the womans side and topman is the mens part. i bought a purple cardigan from them in like 07..back when it was a lot harder to find that kinda stuff. i think shipping was expensive as they hadnt opened up the US counterpart websites and stores.

i always thought topshop is the womans side and topman is the mens part. i bought a purple cardigan from them in like 07..back when it was a lot harder to find that kinda stuff. i think shipping was expensive as they hadnt opened up the US counterpart websites and stores.
topshop sells womens clothing. Topman sells men clothing.

Nordstrom has topman now, good place to try stuff out with free shipping and returns.

People were talking about down vests with blazers/suits before? Good example I saw while browsing on tumblr.

I saw a pic in some thread of you rocking an shu shirt. I grew up in south orange. My parents just sold our house there a couple months ago.

SUCH A SMALL WORLD!

I ACTUALLY GOT MY MASTERS THERE THIS PAST MAY.

STRUGGLING TO MAKE THE JUMP INTO PHD WORLD.

HES DEF NT FAMB IDK IF HE CHILLS IN DBNT
Yes, that's Iron Man. The guy with the USC Football avatar.

So who is general_boozer on IG?

Just saw your comment on our waffle truck's IG post about Conquest at USC :tongue:
That's Saul, man :lol:

Off topic...did The Lord go to seton hall?
I also got my BS from there.

SUCH A SMALL WORLD!

I ACTUALLY GOT MY MASTERS THERE THIS PAST MAY.

STRUGGLING TO MAKE THE JUMP INTO PHD WORLD.
If you get into a Ph. D program, I'm burning both my master's and giving up on the education system in the U.S.

What's y'all instagrams I'm about to start using it again.. Y'all can follow me, I'll follow back: bosKicKz

Back
Top Bottom