Dressing Better Vol 2.0

idk about the velvet blazer, it's hard for me to picture it but it could look fine. Black chinos would be much better than say a pair of wool trousers with sneakers

Just food for thought:

My company works with a local firm that helps out of work Americans re enter the workforce by providing them with professional wardrobe. We donate clothes that are no longer or rarely used with a goal of benefitting someone else.

Historically, this thread is pretty tight knit and members even sent clothes to others for free. It was a piloted idea that never took off really. I know a lot of the gents here are college students that will enter the professional world soon. Some may not have the proper wardrobe for the interviews nor have the funds to acquire the outfits. Not sure if the members here would be willing to get rid of their old clothes for these up and coming professionals so they can at least have a starting foundation.

Again, this is food for thought. A lot of logistics will have to be ironed out if it goes down.
When I was cleaning out my closet, I tried looking for a local charity that did this. Couldn't find any in my area so I just donated my old work clothes to Red Cross/Goodwill.

hahahahahaha @ Robin Thicke, much appreciated…. everyone stopped participating in posting fits? got me feeling like the odd ball :nerd:

@ Miggity, for the price they are well worth it… I saw the purple Clarks desert boots the other day with the red sole, man those things are sexy

great fiit. and i plan to start posting again soon this thread needs fits.

great fiit. and i plan to start posting again soon this thread needs fits.
:pimp: would be great to have you posting outfits again, man.

Since its a fashion show, I would go all black.. You want those balenciagas to "show out" anyway... especially since they're red..
I agree. If it's a fashion show, just go a bit crazy.

Not too up on everyone's socioeconomic status here but I'm assuming if you are on here and graduating college you are not truly "in need". I think we would be better off donating to those who are actually less fortunate.
It's not at all appropriate to presume whether or not someone is truly "in need" just because they have access to a computer or they're fortunate enough to pursue higher education. There's always going to be someone less fortunate so it's even more pointless to go down that particular road.  

Last edited:
Which Alden's do you have? And thoughts on them? Thanks.
I have about 10 pairs...from various colors of Longwing Bluchers to Indy boots to captoes and plain toes. They're bulky. Even the sleeker lasts aren't too elongated as other brands out there. Quality is alright, but not as good as Trickers who is within the same price point. I won't be buying anymore except for the legendary #4 shell if I can ever get a pair.

Just food for thought:

My company works with a local firm that helps out of work Americans re enter the workforce by providing them with professional wardrobe. We donate clothes that are no longer or rarely used with a goal of benefitting someone else.

Historically, this thread is pretty tight knit and members even sent clothes to others for free. It was a piloted idea that never took off really. I know a lot of the gents here are college students that will enter the professional world soon. Some may not have the proper wardrobe for the interviews nor have the funds to acquire the outfits. Not sure if the members here would be willing to get rid of their old clothes for these up and coming professionals so they can at least have a starting foundation.

Again, this is food for thought. A lot of logistics will have to be ironed out if it goes down.
I may have a couple suits to give away, I will post details once I know for sure.

In other news, NTers have contributed over $1,000 to my AE sales today, on top of my normal Black Friday sales.  Dat commision lol.  Just wanted to thank all that have ordered from me in the past and wish all a happy holidays.

I may have a couple suits to give away, I will post details once I know for sure.

In other news, NTers have contributed over $1,000 to my AE sales today, on top of my normal Black Friday sales.  Dat commision lol.  Just wanted to thank all that have ordered from me in the past and wish all a happy holidays.

:pimp: congrats Carlin and happy holidays.

wj4, I'll be interested in the giveaway as well after hearing the details.

Just food for thought:

THE LORD SMILES AT YOUR CARITAS 

Just food for thought:

NO…. Thank You sir… much appreciated, I know I might have given a bit of a headache. I appreciate the assistance and patiently await my boots :evil:

Hey guys, quick question. With the current promo going on plus a 10% discount code (CSS2946), I can purchase these for $491.05 after tax. Good deal or should I hold out?
http://m.ralphlauren.com/product/in...rodEvar=Shopping+Bag&ab=GeoMobile_iUS_rUS_dUS

RL Dixon jacket
RL Drivers Cap
RL Poplin
RL Vintage Aztec knit
RL Straight-fit canvas work pant
LL Bean "duck boots"

Perfect timing. I'm gonna be in Nyc/Montreal for New Years and was looking at some duck boots from LL bean (http://m.llbean.com/llbean/product.html#33549) think they'll be warm enough for 0 degree weather?

Also I only found a 10% off code, anyone familiar with LL bean and know if they'll have some significant discounts in the near future?

On the site they have a thinsulate pair as well as a gore tex and one with shearling on the insides saying they protect your feet in up to -20 degree temperatures, so the answer is yes bro.

As for discounts I'm really not sure, I got mine as a gift, and this is the only LL Bean product I have, good luck!

Perfect timing. I'm gonna be in Nyc/Montreal for New Years and was looking at some duck boots from LL bean (http://m.llbean.com/llbean/product.html#33549) think they'll be warm enough for 0 degree weather?

Also I only found a 10% off code, anyone familiar with LL bean and know if they'll have some significant discounts in the near future?
I copped the ll bean boots with the shearling fur. OD warm. I'm not sure how the other boots w/o the fur stack up. But if you have thermal socks you should be ok. 

They usually have discounts around christmas, but real talk, if you call the customer service line, they may be able to literall tell you what discounts they have ( they answer calls  24/7 btw...last time i checked anyway. ) 

@sneakerpimp That RL sweater is crack sir. 

Last edited:
Damn. Appreciate the fast response guys. I'll wait It out a couple weeks for a deal then give them a call to see what they can do. Most likely going with the 8in thinsulate pair at 119.99.

Back
Top Bottom