Dressing Better Vol 2.0

If you fit into TaT's measurements specs; 42R/42S/42L or smaller I'd go with them. They are in the $550-600 range for a Made-to-Measure Fully Canvassed 2 piece suit. Downside is you have to provide your measurements.

Otherwise I'd suggest going with SuitSupply, half canvassed and $399-$449 for an entry level suit; which are half-canvassed.
hey thanks a lot.
one last question.
which is the best color to go with for a first suit?
that is, which color is most versatile?

Yep cant go wrong with a charcoal or navy, plain staples :pimp:

I thought he meant normal retail which is like $350+, right?  Makes it an even better deal in a sense.

I wish they had more options in my size when those Ralph shoes were only $150 or whatever... @ReturnBama
 any idea if that'll come around again?

He was asking about the 2nds sale so I gave him the normal 2nds price, but yes firsts are now 365, price increase last week. There should be another 2 for 250 sale in couple weeks and Ralph should be included.

"Be better than the Gap" 
roll.gif

Bro, can you post some worthwhile sale items from this?

You've got the RL vision.

I'm just lazy and don't wanna sift thru. :lol:

Bro… you can't possibly be this lazy man

Great prices on polos, short and long sleeves, sport shirts (button downs and oxfords), the footwear went super quickly, great buys for sure. I had a couple things in my wish list and they all disappeared but typically this is the clearance of all sale items right before they get shipped to the outlets, end on the 19th

Lots of sweaters, crew neck, half zip etc, chinos and slacks.. the custom, slim fit and straight fit have a tailored fit, I like the straight fit pants a lot… sizes are slim pickings I must admit, but you just have to look through

$11 scullys, cheap hats and accessories, ties…. lots of DBNT steals, :nerd:

Last edited:
I emailed the AE Shoebank to get a list of their inventory this morning. I'm hoping they'll have my size in Franciscan Monks and Strands both in walnut. If I don't get a response I'll just give them a call.

Don't mean to beat this to death, but a few questions about the Daltons (It's number 1 on my list of  MUST COPS for 2014):

Do you expect the $199 deal to be done again? (basically asking if the $199 on the Daltons was done in previous years)

Are the Daltons usually included in the 2 for $250?

daltons will never be part of the 2 for 250.
the best deal for daltons is during nordstroms anniversary sale

I got these Chippewas on Jan 2nd. Been wearing them 2-3 times a week.

As you can see, the color is browner than in the Amazon pics. Almost walnut brown, just not as orange. The toe is ever so slightly bulbous, so not really a dressy boot. More casual. They're super comfy (vibram soles). I don't have any redwings or anything, but I'd say the leather on these are probably a step below Red Wings... Still good though. I wouldn't spend retail on them. I got mine for $70 shipped + 3 pairs of Smartwool Hiking Socks (retail $20 each) :smokin

If you're still in here, I really like these, I actually like how it is in the pictur than in the amazon pic, I was wondering if perhaps you can take one with better lighting and on a white/black or any other color background? I was just wondering if the wooden floor is making it look more brown than it is. Or did it go through some treatment to make it brown?

Anyways I'm rambling, I really like the color of these boots, and if it is brown rather than orange/yellow in the amazon pic, I'm pulling the trigger, if you can't take the pic, just a confirmation that it is a brown, would be great

or i'll just buy these Amazon product ASIN B0036VN958

Last edited:
daltons will never be part of the 2 for 250.
the best deal for daltons is during nordstroms anniversary sale
Never on the 2 for 250.

However, copping if they ever drop back down to $199 (yes they have in the past) would be the best deal. However with nordstrom's, you get first quality and nordstrom return assurance.

Strangely, there's an Allen Edmonds store less than 5 miles from me that I've never stepped into. I may have to go and try a pair on, then weigh my options.

Also, that Shipley & Halmos Varsity is :pimp: You can keep the Sherman jersey and send the jacket instead.
Thanks, man. Sure, give me a week. The Superbowl Championship patch is being put on. I'll send it to you afterwards.

Due to traveling needs, I ordered this backpack today...not sure if I'll keep it, pending my satisfaction with the dimensions. I prefer to use a backpack for air traveling because it's easy to put inside the over-head and easy to carry...your hands don't need to be occupied while you're trying to run into the rest room or dash across the airport to catch a connection flight.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/jack-spade-desert-backpack/3462854?origin=category

I was originally going to cop another LV piece, but I really thought about it....it would sooner or later get destroyed from cramming into tight over-head space, and don't want to make it an object of desire, ie dudes trying to snatch it while you're busy or napping while waiting for flight or whatever.

This messenger is nice too for a college student or a working professional: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/jack-sp...m_sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-1_1_D

i was looking at that backpack for a bit too. ended up finding a JS messenger at marshalls for $40 so went with that instead lol

Appreciate the replies fellas.

One more (for now). Never shopped the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale; so:

Do the Daltons *always* go on sale during this event? or just depends...

Back
Top Bottom