Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I'd say the first two pics are most color accurate.

thanks man

american apparel has a similar shirt to that of what jonah was wearing( in the wolf of wall street), if anyone is interested

http://store.americanapparel.net/co...ong-sleeve-button-down-with-pocket_rsacp402cb

Last edited:
American Rag LA is having a 75% sale and has a few steals left if you're lucky. Just walked out with a $160 pair of raw Levi's Made & Crafted for $32. Not sure how it even happened because that's more than 75% :pimp:

I heard of this place, but I never knew where it was...

Yeah, that's Rob from SF.

Fellow teacher as well

So the weather is **** here in ny and I stepped into a puddle by mistake, as in, my whole shoe was drenched in it for a second. Now my shoes are making a weird squeaking noise. Any way to get rid of it? I'm going to put show trees in once I get home but is there anything else I should do?

Add talcum powder to the insole so that it soaks up any moisture as well.

don't think i saw this posted.. great piece(s) and applies to this thread.

http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2014/02/03/the-casual-couture-of-the-average-american

is everyones dress code at work business casual now?

My job's dress code is "professional" but that term is so loose that it encompasses business casual as well. You will see everything from t-shirts with denim to shirts and ties.
We recently went business casual and people have taken it to such extremes that I would feel like an ******* in a suit..at least in my current position

I just got to the point where I don't feel like I'm trying to show people up when I wear blazers at work. I use to make excuses like oh I went out with my girl, or I had an interview. Now I just say thanks. 

Last edited:

don't think i saw this posted.. great piece(s) and applies to this thread.

http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2014/02/03/the-casual-couture-of-the-average-american

is everyones dress code at work business casual now?
My job's dress code is "professional" but that term is so loose that it encompasses business casual as well. You will see everything from t-shirts with denim to shirts and ties.
We recently went business casual and people have taken it to such extremes that I would feel like an ******* in a suit..at least in my current position
this.

I've been on my chinos and obcd steez

mix in a tie here and there.

with some clarks or other boots.

I just got to the point where I don't feel like I'm trying to show people up when I wear blazers at work. I use to make excuses like oh I went out with my girl, or I had an interview. Now I just say thanks. 

Bence I definitely feel you on that one as it's similar here with the only person wearing a suit daily being the principal. But at the end of the day for me; on days that I do wear suits is about feeling comfortable. If it's obvious that you feel self conscious about being in a suit people will notice. In regards to True Tech's comment, I felt the same way before but now I think that people have finally gotten "used" to it and are more surprised when I'm dressed as casual as they are. I remember a few weeks back getting a "wow you're dressed very casually today" when I was wearing brown cords, chukka boots and a shawl sweater.

Authentics are great. I've had the same 2 pairs for 5 years and they're very durable. The laces that come with authentics are always too long though.

decades ago, whenever people left the house they wore good clothin, whether it was work, hangin out , shoppin..etc..
but now, even rich ppl rock horrible stuff on the reg...people cant be bothered. The Culture has changed. It is to the point now where we got young style conscious professionals who have to be "apologetic" for wearing a nice blazer and trousers to work...? lol i feel society has become to relaxed when it comes to clothing...the rest of the gen pop should become more focused on what they wear.

Last edited:
There has been somewhat of a resurgence in it though thanks to social media for the most part. I've noticed younger guys are at least trying these days, but most of the time they look uncomfortable and it comes off as more of a costume than an outfit.

Everyone besides me goes with open collars and trousers with way too much break in my office. No denim Fridays though, welp. :frown:

Funny how the main office in Coral Gables is a complete 180 though. The principal makes eveyone suit up. :evil:

Last edited:
I think government workers might be the worst. A lady that works with my girl wears sweatpants everyday and her excuse was she has two kids.

Everyone besides me goes with open collars and trousers with way too much break in my office. No denim Fridays though, welp.
frown.gif

Funny how the main office in Coral Gables is a complete 180 though. The principal makes eveyone suit up.
devil.gif
the worst is when old dudes be walking around with shirts only half way buttoned up.

chest hair galore

Everyone besides me goes with open collars and trousers with way too much break in my office. No denim Fridays though, welp. :frown:

Funny how the main office in Coral Gables is a complete 180 though. The principal makes eveyone suit up. :evil:
the worst is when old dudes be walking around with shirts only half way buttoned up.

chest hair galore

:lol:

There's an older guy here with his pants high on Urkel-status.

Back
Top Bottom