Dressing Better Vol 2.0

i dont like suits but ive worn one every now and then to get certain reactions at work...
laugh.gif

for the most part though, im VERY guilty of being too casual at work...ive worn flips flops several times
mean.gif
(was 100 degree plus tho but still)

ive worked from home A LOT in the past (recently went two months straight without being in office
mean.gif
), which desensitized my attitude towards appearances...been back in office 2 days per week and have been doing polos, chinos, and loafers/mocs so its somewhat better...
laugh.gif

i need to start incorporating slacks, dress shirts, and a sportcoat just for the sake of things...id like to get into the PR world, which is much more office based and image conscientious and even basic business casual might be under doing it depending on the company and environment...

Last edited:
I don't necessarily believe you have to wear a suit or even a jacket everyday to work. Just having clothes that fit you properly will go a long way.

I'm 100% against flip flops on all occasions though :lol:.

I don't necessarily believe you have to wear a suit or even a jacket everyday to work. Just having clothes that fit you properly will go a long way.

I'm 100% against flip flops on all occasions though :lol:.

Same here.

Our policy is against that. We can't wear sneakers at all, even Friday. We can do jeans everyday though. For me, it's either jeans or chinos that fit, shirt and tie(I get a lot of reactions on wearing a tie for some reason. I'M AT WORK!!), and cool dress shoes. I don't like to flip it on them with the Lunargrands though. They're the best of both worlds. :wink:

I think government workers might be the worst. A lady that works with my girl wears sweatpants everyday and her excuse was she has two kids.

Soo true. I met my mom before a state conference last year at a nice hotel by Universal and saw all the employees checking in. Straight up couldn't tell if they were there for business or vacation. :rofl:

Soo true. I met my mom before a state conference last year at a nice hotel by Universal and saw all the employees checking in. Straight up couldn't tell if they were there for business or vacation. :rofl:

Lol, that reminds me when I had to travel this summer. They made sure to tell all of the interns to wear at least a jacket, suit and tie wasn't required but I felt like a boss going through the airport carrying my luggage while wearing a suit :lol:
Actually made a contact out of Atl while I was waiting on a connecting flight

Bence I definitely feel you on that one as it's similar here with the only person wearing a suit daily being the principal. But at the end of the day for me; on days that I do wear suits is about feeling comfortable. If it's obvious that you feel self conscious about being in a suit people will notice. In regards to True Tech's comment, I felt the same way before but now I think that people have finally gotten "used" to it and are more surprised when I'm dressed as casual as they are. I remember a few weeks back getting a "wow you're dressed very casually today" when I was wearing brown cords, chukka boots and a shawl sweater.
haha, that's exactly what happened to me, when I went to work in a hooded sweater, and not the usual Blazer/Sweater/Cardingan Shirt combo 

decades ago, whenever people left the house they wore good clothin, whether it was work, hangin out , shoppin..etc..
but now, even rich ppl rock horrible stuff on the reg...people cant be bothered. The Culture has changed. It is to the point now where we got young style conscious professionals who have to be "apologetic" for wearing a nice blazer and trousers to work...? lol i feel society has become to relaxed when it comes to clothing...the rest of the gen pop should become more focused on what they wear.
You described a certain member who wore suits to his classes in college.

Vans Authentics have been my go-to sneaker for a few years now (specifically all whites and red/white). Literally the only sneakers I own these days. They go well with almost anything and cost practically nothing.

Just a heads up for other LA fam:

I just strolled by the GAP in El Segundo/Manhattan Beach on my lunch break & they actually still have 1 pair of Japanese Selvedge jeans left on sale in the back. Authentic Skinny and size 34x32. Definitely a huge steal if it's your size and you're in the area. Hopefully someone on here scoops them up.

Someone please help me find a pair of all black high top Balenciaga Arenas in a sz 40!!! The lamb skin leather ones.

As soon as I'm ready to purchase, I can't track down a pair smh

Help your boy out!

Any advice or insight on how I can track down a pair would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Someone please help me find a pair of all black high top Balenciaga Arenas in a sz 40!!! The lamb skin leather ones.

As soon as I'm ready to purchase, I can't track down a pair smh

Help your boy out!

Any advice or insight on how I can track down a pair would be appreciated.

You might have to make some calls. I don't see any sz 40s anywhere. Granted I only checked a few sites

slid into a curb on the way to work last week and knocked my alignment out of wack, just got a bill for 500 bucks cause it ****** up my hub bearing and some other stuff, had to choose between new camera or my suit supply trip. Decided to go with the camera and cop a jcrew thompson, suit supply will have to wait till summer when i get one of those get paid 3 times in a month checks and cop a plaid or tweed for the fall/winter. 

We can do a theme for textures or patterns for next weeks challenge if cats are game. Would allow for a lot of ideas.

We can do a theme for textures or patterns for next weeks challenge if cats are game. Would allow for a lot of ideas.

Are you asking for suggestions for a theme or suggesting just textures and patterns? I don't understand the point of a contest but I would like to see a denim/shades of blue theme. Just cuz I love wearing denim/blue and its kind of winter themed.

Last edited:
Are you asking for suggestions for a theme or suggesting just textures and patterns? I don't understand the point of a contest but I would like to see a denim/shades of blue theme. Just cuz I love wearing denim/blue and its kind of winter themed.
Well, most of us work in a corp setting so denim is out. Personally I rarely wear denim. I also don't see how this is winter related. Pick wools or tweeds if you want to go that route. This isn't a contest. They never were. Bence brought up the idea of bringing challenges back. The idea was to encourage folks to post outfits, which was going so well in the thread before the trolling. Suggestions were always thrown out and we went with the popular.

Dressing for work or dressing better? Can't be a weekend fit? Blue seems like a winter color to me. Was just a suggestion though.

Last edited:

Well, most of us work in a corp setting so denim is out. Personally I rarely wear denim. I also don't see how this is winter related. Pick wools or tweeds if you want to go that route. This isn't a contest. They never were. Bence brought up the idea of bringing challenges back. The idea was to encourage folks to post outfits, which was going so well in the thread before the trolling. Suggestions were always thrown out and we went with the popular.
It might not be my place since I'm not into participating (I think it's cool if y'all wanna do it) but if it's a challenge, isn't it a good idea of doing something out of your comfort zone rather than what you might wear regularly?  I get the denim thing because of work dress codes but I'd think you can throw something on after.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom