Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Hey Wis,

I'm thinking about copping my first pair of Trickers boots--possibly within the next day or month (depending on what i find when the market has been surveyed lol)

Any suggestions of styles..? And recommendations on good price ranges if found used? I was thinking about copping boots over a shoe due to the appeal of possibly being able to rock them casually with denim and also dress them up for work.

If you have any specific finds feel free to link me..

Hey Wis,

I'm thinking about copping my first pair of Trickers boots--possibly within the next day or month (depending on what i find when the market has been surveyed lol)

Any suggestions of styles..? And recommendations on good price ranges if found used? I was thinking about copping boots over a shoe due to the appeal of possibly being able to rock them casually with denim and also dress them up for work.

If you have any specific finds feel free to link me..
Look at the Stow in Coffee. Boots would be a great start.

Most if not all of my trickers were parts of custom orders to tweak a few details so I paid full price on them all.

Anyone know where I can find this? Pm me please ASAP !

I don't get the hoody. Is it another home grown brand? Supposed to take cues from Pyrex and Givenchy or something?

i ordered some uniqlo polos last night and not even 12 hours later they show up  
eek.gif
  fastest turn around time on anything I've ever ordered

however, their non slim fit polos fit like absolute ****...for reference, I'm 5'10.5" 205 lbs. 42 inch chest 36 inch waist and size L was very long and boxy...shoulders fit fine and the dry material felt good 

the slim ones were long but could easily be tucked, these are going back...i would have ordered some slim fits but there weren't any online 

I'm a fan of the dry material...the ones i bought last were quite decent on the 90+ degree DC summer days...

Last edited:
Walnut Dalton boots and black Carson City boots have been purchased
pimp.gif

I'm glad I waited on the Daltons and Kal's pics of the black Carson City boots had me salivating.

Last edited:
Anywhere to get affordable dress shirts similar to these? http://www.ledbury.com/slim-fit

Your basic patterns, oxfords, etc, I'm just not going to pay $150. Is Uniqlo bad quality? I know H&M is garbage
Fast fashion brands aren't meant to last forever. You pay $30 or so for a shirt and hope it has for a year.

You may want to stock up when J. Crew and BR have sales.

Sometimes I feel like half the people in this thread think "Dressing Better" means "shopping at J. Crew"....

Sometimes I feel like half the people in this thread think "Dressing Better" means "shopping at J. Crew"....
People just mention J.Crew because it's accessible to most people. A lot of people here are very thrifty as RFX has mentioned in the past and J.Crew can always be had at considerable discount.

That doesn't mean "just shop at J.Crew" but when people mention H&M and Uniqlo, J.Crew is the logical step up.

Last edited:
This argument comes up almost every month.No one is saying that you need J Crew to "Dress Better" but they sell most basics at a good price and the quality of their items are good hence why most suggest it. I'm sure there are other places that do the same,If you search I'm sure you can find them.

Back
Top Bottom