Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Grailed is a great place to sell your fashion surplus.

I've sold a few items on it, relatively new site but looks like it could end up being pretty big.
I'll check it out. How long do things generally take too sell?

That's a very broad question, my friend. Depends on price, condition of the item, etc.

Some items I have sold in a few days, and others have been listed for a few weeks. It's definitely worth a shot, it's totally free and it doesn't take long at all to make an account and create listings.

Last edited:
That's a very broad question, my friend. Depends on price, condition of the item, etc.

Some items I have sold in a few days, and others have been listed for a few weeks
I'd say they're in good condition. Only worn twice and they still look good. I have them priced at $90 and I'm taking offers. Think it's a little too high though but we'll see..

I'd say they're in good condition. Only worn twice and they still look good. I have them priced at $90 and I'm taking offers. Think it's a little too high though but we'll see..
I think that's too high. I see them at Nordstrom rack all the time for under a bill. You're going to lose a lot of monetary value on used stuff unless it's highly sought after.

^

Dope blazer.

Anyone know how I can spice up all black attire for work? Usually just wearing slacks, blazer, white or black shirt and black tie with a generic tie bar. Try to switch up the material of my ties but even thats getting boring.

im hoping they go on sale soon? I live in the desert and they wont be seen til winter but i really want em
Don't they have 25 percent off all items now?

Bigger sizes may be on sale but smaller ones have been on and off backorder. I copped with just my student discount. Fit and feel sold me.

yea its 25..but im asking if you think the smaller sizes will go on sale or is it a year round type item for jcrew?

i did see it was on backorder til early april

^

Dope blazer.

Anyone know how I can spice up all black attire for work? Usually just wearing slacks, blazer, white or black shirt and black tie with a generic tie bar. Try to switch up the material of my ties but even thats getting boring.

I got the matching trousers too. I've only gone full Master P Bout it Bout it 2-3 times though :lol:

Not sure how casual you can get. A slouchy gray t shirt, with slim black jeans and bluchers sound dope to me.

Not much you can do with all black, although I plan on doing a charcoal suit jacket with camo trousers sooner or later :lol:

yea its 25..but im asking if you think the smaller sizes will go on sale or is it a year round type item for jcrew?

i did see it was on backorder til early april

If you plan on wearing it on the regular, I'd order it now. I only got student discount on both pairs and I have no regrets. The hand is really nice. Not sure if it will go on sale, it was a new item that was introduced F/W of 2013.

Cant get that casual.

Friend told me that a friend of his mentioned how she likes wearing black. It really hides your character.

I agree, to an extent. Fit and details can tell if youre atleast sloppy or not. Cant tell what kind of person you are just by looking at you though.

Cant get that casual.

Friend told me that a friend of his mentioned how she likes wearing black. It really hides your character.

I agree, to an extent. Fit and details can tell if youre atleast sloppy or not. Cant tell what kind of person you are just by looking at you though.
:lol: I don't think it hides your character, but more like it hides your curves AKA hides 10 lbs for the reasons you mentioned...nothing is too visible from afar.

So much you can do with all black without going too casual, my friend.

I mean if you really get down to it, its true. Dude dressed in all black (work attire, retail environtment) vs dude wearing J's, biker jeans and long t-shirts. Or dude dressed like you in the camo blazer. I would never know what kinda style the dude in black attire would be into.

I try to mix fabrics but jeez...no ones selling black anymore. I coudnt even find my go to Gap skinny fit slacks anymore, only online.

I mean if you really get down to it, its true. Dude dressed in all black (work attire, retail environtment) vs dude wearing J's, biker jeans and long t-shirts. Or dude dressed like you in the camo blazer. I would never know what kinda style the dude in black attire would be into.

I try to mix fabrics but jeez...no ones selling black anymore. I coudnt even find my go to Gap skinny fit slacks anymore, only online.

Da proof is in da puddin, b.

I think there's a big difference between a valet who wears an all black suit vs another cat who's in a black blazer, waxed black denim stacking on top of some combat boots. It's the small details that most folks wouldn't pick up. The same concept that only sneakerheads would notice the difference between a retro pair of Jordans and another model with the Jumpman logo.

I've been intrigued with black myself recently, but can't get myself to buy a black anything :lol: Although I would love a black faded denim vest.

Yeah thats what I meant with fit and details.

Zara would be the best bet but nothing there fits me unless I size up twice. 
sick.gif
 Making dudes feel mad fat. 
laugh.gif

Yeah thats what I meant with fit and details.

Zara would be the best bet but nothing there fits me unless I size up twice. :x  Making dudes feel mad fat. :lol:
Try Naked and Famous Skinny Guy or Weird Guy and get the Black Powder Stretch jeans, man. Joints is dope.

Da proof is in da puddin, b.

I think there's a big difference between a valet who wears an all black suit vs another cat who's in a black blazer, waxed black denim stacking on top of some combat boots. It's the small details that most folks wouldn't pick up. The same concept that only sneakerheads would notice the difference between a retro pair of Jordans and another model with the Jumpman logo.

I've been intrigued with black myself recently, but can't get myself to buy a black anything :lol: Although I would love a black faded denim vest.
lurking on SF and ask andy has me traumatized to wear any of my black clothes.. stuff like "only funerals and weddings and if you're a waiter" :lol: :lol:

lurking on SF and ask andy has me traumatized to wear any of my black clothes.. stuff like "only funerals and weddings and if you're a waiter" :lol: :lol:
Eff dat son. Ask Andy is more so uptight than mc on SF.

I wanna get a black tux jacket soon to mess around.

Wait, some of you guys wouldn't wear black t shirts, henleys, jeans, coats, sneakers, etc?

The only things I wouldn't wear are black dress shirts because that's the typical "I wanna look fancy even though it's a waiter shirt" shirt. Or a black suit

Last edited:
Wait, some of you guys wouldn't wear black t shirts, henleys, jeans, coats, sneakers, etc?

The only things I wouldn't wear are black dress shirts because that's the typical "I wanna look fancy even though it's a waiter shirt" shirt. Or a black suit
We talking about the infamous black suit. It's a love or hate ordeal.

I don't necessarily hate it. It's just not something I'd personally wear outside of a funeral, but it's not like I'd cringe seeing someone wear one :lol:

and of course, I'd wear a black tux

Last edited:
What are some of y'all favorite Red Wing boots? I'm looking at the 9105 style and liking it. Best place to cop?

Edit: Leaning towards either the 8196 or 9105 style. Only thing is, is there a difference between them minus the leather color?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom