Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Cant get that casual.

Friend told me that a friend of his mentioned how she likes wearing black. It really hides your character.

I agree, to an extent. Fit and details can tell if youre atleast sloppy or not. Cant tell what kind of person you are just by looking at you though.

You just need to embrace the dark side...

Great sale at j. Crew:

In stores & online: extra 30% off spring sale items & extra 50% off all final sale items with code NEWSALE. *Details

Good time to stock up on sport coats especially winter weighted ones if you're lacking in that dept.

If your selling a whole collection, SOLE SUPREMACY is the way to go. For those LA/SF dudes they'll even drive to you and pick it all up!!! Unloaded like 30 pairs from NJ and worst case scenario they give you box price. They'll consign it all also.

Last edited:
If your selling a whole collection, SOLE SUPREMACY is the way to go. For those LA/SF dudes they'll even drive to you and pick it all up!!! Unloaded like 30 pairs from NJ and worst case scenario they give you box price. They'll consign it all also.
They only take DS kicks? Thanks!

They only take DS kicks? Thanks!

Nope they take all conditions as long as they're not falling apart at the seams... Lol. I actually got box on a couple pairs I worn a few times. Shoot them an email with what you got and they respond pretty quickly with options you could take. Very professional and friendly I might add.

Last edited:
Wait, some of you guys wouldn't wear black t shirts, henleys, jeans, coats, sneakers, etc?

The only things I wouldn't wear are black dress shirts because that's the typical "I wanna look fancy even though it's a waiter shirt" shirt. Or a black suit
I wear black v neck shirts, peacoat, jacket, also varsity jacket and briefs

Never jeans

I wear black v neck shirts, peacoat, jacket, also varsity jacket and briefs

Never jeans
I wear all black everything. I do have black everything: peacoat, suit, blazer, sweater, cardigan, shirt, tee, socks, jeans, pants, belt, shoes, sneakers, fedora, fitted cap, track suit, compression, shorts, gloves, shades, tie, scarf, watch. Don't know if I missed anything :smile:

I wear all black everything. I do have black everything: peacoat, suit, blazer, sweater, cardigan, shirt, tee, socks, jeans, pants, belt, shoes, sneakers, fedora, fitted cap, track suit, compression, shorts, gloves, shades, tie, scarf, watch. Don't know if I missed anything :smile:
That's because you finna kill dudes on the hardwood!

Stopped by epaulet and it's always fun to talk about business with mike. Was surprised to find out Meermin really has no affiliation with Carmina. They just want the public to think so. Shoes are also made almost in China and the finishing touches are done in Spain so it can be said made in Spain.

Also interesting to talk about the slight decline in menswear in the last year or so.

That's because you finna kill dudes on the hardwood!

Stopped by epaulet and it's always fun to talk about business with mike. Was surprised to find out Meermin really has no affiliation with Carmina. They just want the public to think so. Shoes are also made almost in China and the finishing touches are done in Spain so it can be said made in Spain.

Also interesting to talk about the slight decline in menswear in the last year or so.

That idea that Meermin wasn't the public to think so is actually a bit of a misconception. When I was in Spain I spoke with Pepe (Meermin) about this as well as with one of the Carmina owners (can't recall his name) but both pretty much had the same story. Both acknowledged that neither company is affiliated with each other but they are related. The Albadalejo Carmina owners and the Albadalejo Meermin owners are cousins, but are not affiliated by business. Meermin also doesn't hide that their classic line is made in China and finished in Spain, their Linea Maestra is Made in Spain from beginning to end though.

lurking on SF and ask andy has me traumatized to wear any of my black clothes.. stuff like "only funerals and weddings and if you're a waiter" :lol: :lol:

lmao! i know man ppl are wildin on there. I used to check up on SF and the like a few years ago, but their fashion sense does not correlate with mine.
They do know their stuff when it comes to fabrics, shoes, fits, and other stuff.

We talking about the infamous black suit. It's a love or hate ordeal.

Black suits are my favorite suits. Bold and simple, without being flashy. Throw on a crisp white shirt, knit black tie..white linen pocket square..nice cufflinks...money

Last edited:
Anyone know of the popular brand or style of boat shoes that these are?

I remember seeing a pair I liked in the past but can't remember the brand.

Last edited:
Black suits are my favorite suits. Bold and simple, without being flashy. Throw on a crisp white shirt, knit black tie..white linen pocket square..nice cufflinks...money

Charcol or navy > black suits in every situation.. From a purely practical strand point , both navy and charcoal give a person the most options. They both can be accessorized with a multitude of colors in regards to shoes, shirts, ties, etc. In addition, both suit types can be worn on any occasion. In contrast, black suits have a very limited color spectrum In regards to shoes, leathers, accessories, shirts, ties, etc. For example, black suits are extremely difficult to wear with brown , burgundy, tan, or any shades of shoes and accessories that are lighter than black..Although, I do agree with your idea of a black suit being very crisp and nice looking, navy and charcoal will always be a better option for a "workhorse"/ everyday wear suit.

Back
Top Bottom