Dressing Better Vol 2.0

All this AE talk lol. Might be purchasing my first pair since I stopped working there. No discount feels bad :frown:
I'm talmbout the Clifton man. I have the pictured in my blog post that i linked above.

I'm guessing it's this pair?

I meant what is the name of the color. This is exactly what I'm looking for. What is this color called?
Ah, I see. I believe it was just Brown or perhaps Dark Brown. I'll check the box when I get home mang.

I take it that you are more of a casual, perhaps suits seperates vs the whole get up, kind of man ?

Smart call on the player's. I wore both my walnut and black pairs. PA's are also my formal shoe ($20 thrift). At some point I want a wholecut for when I don my tux. AE has the hanover model that is on the second's list but I think when the time comes that I really want the wholecut will be more towards whenever I get married. At that point, if not Carmina, I think I will go for G&G.

i don't wear suits to work. i'm in a work casual environment. shoes, khaki's / chinos, collared shirt.

when i got the player's, i was searching for it in brown since i already had the clifton's in walnut. but only walnut and black were available. at the time, i put my future father-in-law on to the 2 for 250 sale and he ended up getting like 4 pairs lol. he was already on AE though so he knew his size and everything.

yo, nice looks on your blog. where'd you cop those ralph lauren cap toes you had on with the peacoat?

hope you don't mind me reposting

Don't mind at all bro, and these shoes aren't Ralph Lauren, they are actually Louis Vuitton, the best shoes I have hands down. Whats crazy is that my fiancee worked for LVMH (Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy) and was invited to a sample sale, the shoes retail for well over $1000 and she got them for $150. I couldn't thank her enough.

I moved to Charlotte with my primary job. I thought abuot trying to continue at the store here, but I am enjoying the extra free time exploring the new city and what not. And it was also time to move on after 50+ pair of AE lol.

During the last sale on Shell, I got the black Cambridge, and Wolverine Shell Boots. I have I think 7 total pair of shell

oh ok. sounds good, enjoy Charlotte. I think I called the NC AE factory store during the shell factory sale lol. nice pickups.

Wally strands are no bueno in my book. Something about the fact that every cat getting into menswear owning is off putting.

Spoken like a true hypebeast, jk.

Honestly, don't understand the rest of what you wrote
roll.gif
What's balmoral? Might be thinking about too much but you dress better than me so I checked the McAllister out. They're pretty nice too.
Lol can't lie, hypebeast tendency indeed.

As for balmoral vs. blucher (formal vs. casual), peep the piece I wrote about essential footwear here. I go into the difference between the two:

Depe read. I definitely did not know the difference between the two, and this made me decide which I am going to start with.

Those chukka boots are dope too, love the color on those.

Moving this morning, we are
laugh.gif

First page is useful to read too.
Get used to it, I'm a rookie at this and I post a TON anyways, no more lurking for me.

Didnt even know the first page was built like that :wow: :wow:. I've got a word document on my phone that I've been taking everyones suggestions and links to blogs and whatnot in, that OP is going to have go in there.

Don't mind at all bro, and these shoes aren't Ralph Lauren, they are actually Louis Vuitton, the best shoes I have hands down. Whats crazy is that my fiancee worked for LVMH (Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy) and was invited to a sample sale, the shoes retail for well over $1000 and she got them for $150. I couldn't thank her enough.

Hell of steal for a such a beautiful pair of shoes!

laugh.gif

Get used to it, I'm a rookie at this and I post a TON anyways, no more lurking for me.

Didnt even know the first page was built like that :wow: :wow:. I've got a word document on my phone that I've been taking everyones suggestions and links to blogs and whatnot in, that OP is going to have go in there.
Yeah, we put work in on the first post and it got edited regularly. It was supposed to serve as a foundation of understanding.

Posting is cool, my man. The thread used to move at this pace before the troll entered. Everyone here is cool.

Hell of steal for a such a beautiful pair of shoes!

Seriously! I'd marry her too! :lol:

WOW!!!! Nice steal

laugh.gif

Didnt even know the first page was built like that
eek.gif
eek.gif
. I've got a word document on my phone that I've been taking everyones suggestions and links to blogs and whatnot in, that OP is going to have go in there.
Yeah, we put work in on the first post and it got edited regularly. It was supposed to serve as a foundation of understanding.

Posting is cool, my man. The thread used to move at this pace before the troll entered. Everyone here is cool.
I've been accepted into the dbnt community?

nerd.gif

epic-cry.gif

Last edited:

yo, nice looks on your blog. where'd you cop those ralph lauren cap toes you had on with the peacoat?

hope you don't mind me reposting
cot daym, now that's what you call a hook up! She still has connects? 
nerd.gif

Those joints are pretty tough, i was looking allover the ralph website trying to find them, no wonder they didn't show.

and congrats on the engagement.

Last edited:
speaking of AE any one else get the big catalog in the mail for the 92nd anniversary?

carlin im gonna need you to be an AE exec by the time the 100th rolls around.. ima need that NT discount then :pimp:

don't mind me im rambling at work tax time :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I went to the AE store on my way home, the lady in there was extra helpful. Let me try on as many pairs as my I wanted, gave me my size, and explained the whole process of how the shoe is made. Really appreciated it, and most of all how she didnt seem annoyed by my lack of knowledge and that I didnt plan on buying anything at that moment.

She also gave me these

1600x1184.jpeg.0391d1a0a3ef01317de522000a668db8.large

Those that are on the cover are the ones I want, along with a pair of black strands.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom