Dressing Better Vol 2.0

That read like an ad. :lol:   I pictured Don Draper pitching it and holding up the watch saying, "Daniel Wellington watches."

:lol: Yeah i see what you mean. The crazy part is that that's pretty much what their website / reviews say, and when I got it in the mail I agreed completely.

the beats thing had me thinking about that today
Everything is about marketing, man.

Same goes for Toms. Sure they're doing the buy one give one program, but they do spend good money to aware you of their effort thus hoping you would buy more knowing it's for a good cause.

Look at the Supreme stuff. They time their release on a weekly basis and joints sell out in minutes.

A lot of the members talk about topics like this offline. I always enjoy talking about this stuff. Probably the biggest reason I miss grad school.

Last edited:
You don't need to major in marketing.

Just read about it online. Purchase a few books. Listen to some seminars/lectures. Then do stuff that lets you implement what you've learned/read. Reiterate, and so on and so forth.

And Wisith, you can keep talking about this. Join a local group that meets up for this stuff. There are marketing clubs, etc. You can volunteer to do marketing for a local nonprofit, etc. Lots of opportunities for you beyond just discussing it on NT.

Beats was very smart, just send every ball players a pair and when people see them wearing them in pre and post games, they automatically want it. Dre's name being on it doesn't hurt either, it makes those ball players more eager to wear them too w/o any pay. It's the most basic of all marketing though and it has been going on in Hollywood for a long time, in those Oscars, Grammy, etc.. they hand out gift bags chuck full of free stuff and when they are seen wearing it, free advertising. Kanye himself has like 2 garage full of just free stuff he doesn't even use. Targeting nba, nfl, mlb, etc... players are smart because they already wear headphones when traveling and they are always photographed so it goes hand in hand.

Beats doesn't even need to make the best product, I know people always talk crap about Beats but unless you are an audiophile, sound quality isn't going to make much of a difference. And their quality is pretty good, I have been heavily using the powerbeats ear clip-ons for maybe two years now, which includes 2-3 miles runs daily and it's still going strong.

Supreme seems to be on the same marketing gimmick but I think they also sell out because of hype and limited products, as in they do not have every Target or Macys carry their products and they do not make 100 pieces for each size of shirts for example? I could be wrong but that's how Balenciaga is selling out their sneakers right when it hits a restock online, they just have one to two pairs per size so they sell out quick and people wants it more because it's more difficult to get.

You don't need to major in marketing.

Just read about it online. Purchase a few books. Listen to some seminars/lectures. Then do stuff that lets you implement what you've learned/read. Reiterate, and so on and so forth.

And Wisith, you can keep talking about this. Join a local group that meets up for this stuff. There are marketing clubs, etc. You can volunteer to do marketing for a local nonprofit, etc. Lots of opportunities for you beyond just discussing it on NT.
It was a joke, brosef. I learned a lot about marketing in my MBA program.

Time is of the essence at the moment. Between working 50 hours a week, prepping for my cert, I barely have time to hit the gym and unwind.

I've already done marketing for local restaurants and other businesses. I talk about it because I enjoy it. Being that I was and is into clothing and kicks and saw the whole hype train with the SB taking off only made it for interesting for me.

Why did you think I reached out to you to kick it knowing that you were never into sneakers? :lol: :pimp:

Last edited:
Beats was very smart, just send every ball players a pair and when people see them wearing them in pre and post games, they automatically want it. Dre's name being on it doesn't hurt either, it makes those ball players more eager to wear them too w/o any pay. It's the most basic of all marketing though and it has been going on in Hollywood for a long time, in those Oscars, Grammy, etc.. they hand out gift bags chuck full of free stuff and when they are seen wearing it, free advertising. Kanye himself has like 2 garage full of just free stuff he doesn't even use. Targeting nba, nfl, mlb, etc... players are smart because they already wear headphones when traveling and they are always photographed so it goes hand in hand.

Beats doesn't even need to make the best product, I know people always talk crap about Beats but unless you are an audiophile, sound quality isn't going to make much of a difference. And their quality is pretty good, I have been heavily using the powerbeats ear clip-ons for maybe two years now, which includes 2-3 miles runs daily and it's still going strong.

Supreme seems to be on the same marketing gimmick but I think they also sell out because of hype and limited products, as in they do not have every Target or Macys carry their products and they do not make 100 pieces for each size of shirts for example? I could be wrong but that's how Balenciaga is selling out their sneakers right when it hits a restock online, they just have one to two pairs per size so they sell out quick and people wants it more because it's more difficult to get.
I'm on my second Powerbeats in less than a year. The price to quality ratio leaves much to be desired and I'm no audiophile. I would not be content if I paid anywhere near retail for them.

I have a full sleeve with a tiger and hannya mask. Women love the contrast between that and my "straight edge" clothes :lol:

What the heck are straight edge clothes?
You wear cm punk shirts or stuff with sxe on it?

Express is having 40% off this weekend. I know people were asking about starter suits, I bought a photographer about three weeks ago and I like it.

Anyone own their dress shirts though? They've got like 30 colors 25 of which I wouldnt touch, but theyre not badly priced.
Repped for the heads up, just needed to get a polo off there.

Check out da lords tat:

Hey guys, what do you think about a navy suit in chino fabric for work events (ie conferences, presentations, etc)?
:lol: You mean cotton? It's for the hot weather, and a bit more on the casual side. With that said, it depends on your work culture and geographic location.

:lol: You mean cotton? It's for the hot weather, and a bit more on the casual side. With that said, it depends on your work culture and geographic location.

Haha yeah cotton. I'm in California and get hot going to academic conferences in my wool suits, but think a cotton suit might be too casual even if it's dark navy.

The express slander will not be tolerated, I look better in my express seersucker suit than all you herbs in yo MTMs fully canvassed MAB Tom Ford suits :pimp:
Lol. I saw a dude at the gym the other day that I swore was you. But then I realized he had good form and wasn't doing those crossfit style pull-ups. ;-)

The express slander will not be tolerated, I look better in my express seersucker suit than all you herbs in yo MTMs fully canvassed MAB Tom Ford suits :pimp:
Lol. I saw a dude at the gym the other day that I swore was you. But then I realized he had good form and wasn't doing those crossfit style pull-ups. ;-)

If you ever see someone benching more than a plate on each side, it's not Elkin.

Haha yeah cotton. I'm in California and get hot going to academic conferences in my wool suits, but think a cotton suit might be too casual even if it's dark navy.
Lightweight wool is year round. I live in SoCal and have no problems wearing them to work since the temperature is regulated inside.

Back
Top Bottom