Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I understand the Dalton and Strands are on different lasts. Correct?
For anyone who has experience with both:
I wear a 9D in Daltons. Would a 9D in Strands be ok?

Daltons are on the 1 Last while Strands are on the 5. 1 is a fuller toe whereas the 5 is more narrow. I would suggest heading to an AE store/Nordstrom and trying on the model you desire just to be sure.

Yes, AE Strands will fit the same as AE/BB Strands.

I understand the Dalton and Strands are on different lasts. Correct?
For anyone who has experience with both:
I wear a 9D in Daltons. Would a 9D in Strands be ok?

carlin has over 50 pairs of AE and told me he's the same size in all of them.

i am as well..but i only have 5 :lol:

Speaking of the suit, first time rocking today:

I'm taking my suit to my ludlow suit to my tailor today. I would like to have cuffs on my pants for this suit. What is the standard size for cuffs? I'm 5'8 and I'm thinking 1.25" cuffs. What are your opinions? 

Got the 5th Avenue in Walnut and the Strands in Black just now

The $80 between this and the 2 for 250 isnt going to kill me.

Shout out to Adrian for making me aware

Last edited:

Got the 5th Avenue in Walnut and the Strands in Black just now

The $80 between this and the 2 for 250 isnt going to kill me.

Shout out to Adrian for making me aware
i might just do the same bro
The lady I spoke to told me they were flying off the shelves which I dont doubt for a second. Even if it doenst work out a 10$ restocking fee isnt a big deal for the potential value I would be getting. 

I'm taking my suit to my ludlow suit to my tailor today. I would like to have cuffs on my pants for this suit. What is the standard size for cuffs? I'm 5'8 and I'm thinking 1.25" cuffs. What are your opinions? 
I always do 2" cuffs. I'm 5'10" if that matters. Not sure if you'll have enough length tho unless you got longer inseam to start off with. I only put cuffs on my Epaulet pants which come with 36" inseam.

I usually wear a 32/30. The Ludlow pant is 32/32. I'm worried that if I go 2" it will make me look shorter. LOL

You'd be suprised how much a difference that makes with pant sizes. I'm usually a 32/32 myself, and I grabbed a 32/34 in a pair of pants. They looked way too long and covered my shoes retired NBA player style.

I usually wear a 32/30. The Ludlow pant is 32/32. I'm worried that if I go 2" it will make me look shorter. LOL
An extra 2" won't be enough to install the cuffs even if the cuff is an inch. You almost need 3x the cuff size you want to install them properly.

instead of buying runners i bought the black fifth aves instead. i love AE and i needed new black shoes for work. can't pass that up, these asics will have to wait :lol:

I have the same suit as Adrian and have had stuff altered at SS. Only suggestion would be since it could very well require more than just a simple hem or taper, that you should go with at least one week of time to do it. I had my jacket which had to be let out and the turn around (SoHo) was 1 week.

Thanks for tip, will do!!!

carlin has over 50 pairs of AE and told me he's the same size in all of them.

i am as well..but i only have 5
laugh.gif

Yeah, same size in all, my foot is slightly narrow so not all perfect, but whatever.

As long as the Dalton is not snug, you should be fine

I need penny loafers for a photoshoot (yes, srs). What's my best, cheapest option (without ending up with complete garbage)?

Back
Top Bottom