Dressing Better Vol 2.0

^ although not a fan of the shirt, a navy solid tie should look fine with it.
thanks serg, the shirt definitely looks better in person

smokin.gif

Copped some walnut fifth aves. Repped @Pinoy732 been wanting some walnut captoes for a minute now
They still had pairs at this hour? WOW. 

Speaking of which I did some google searching to get a sample size of people who were dissatisfied with their seconds for minor to "inexcusable" defects, have any of you guys run into such a thing while ordering?

I fully accept the possibility of such a thing happening, but the chances of it being something that I cant live with seem minor

^^ were ordered earlier today. Was late posting that though. Ordered around 5 pm eastern time I wear 11d if that means anything

Copped some walnut fifth aves. Repped [@=https://niketalk.com/members/41366"inexcusable" defects, have any of you guys run into such a thing while ordering?

I fully accept the possibility of such a thing happening, but the chances of it being something that I cant live with seem minor
Someone posted in here about a couple seconds that he got that were pretty poor. Aside from that I think everyone else has been satisfied.

^^ were ordered earlier today. Was late posting that though. Ordered around 5 pm eastern time I wear 11d if that means anything
Oh ok. Good looks man I was about to say.

Copped some walnut fifth aves. Repped @@Pinoy732 been wanting some walnut captoes for a minute now
Speaking of which I did some google searching to get a sample size of people who were dissatisfied with their seconds for minor to "inexcusable" defects, have any of you guys run into such a thing while ordering?

Someone posted in here about a couple seconds that he got that were pretty poor. Aside from that I think everyone else has been satisfied.
Good to know.

Hank: you may want to look into Kent Wang as well. They have larger sizes.

Thick as Thieves started in the late 2000s when slim suits were rare unlike today. Jason just wanted to make suits for himself. He's a slim guy. That's why the pattern only works with guys his range. It's a one man show. If you want to get measured then you would meet up with him locally. No boutiques and no tours.

I'm interning in D.C. for journalism and we have to wear shirts and ties, (like I mind), even though it is pretty hot during the day

Grey Suit by H&M
Express extra slim fit 1MX shirt
Tie by the Tie Bar
Pocket square by Club Room

Blue Suit by H&M
Express extra slim fit 1MX shirt
Tie by Tommy H
Pocket square by Club Room
Flower lapel by TheBloomingFigTree

Last edited:
[rule]

I've had some minor flaws with my pairs, nothing a little polish or edge dressing could not take care of.

I'm interning in D.C. for journalism and we have to wear shirts and ties, (like I mind), even though it is pretty hot during the day

Grey Suit by H&M
Express extra slim fit 1MX
Tie by the Tie Bar

Blue Suit by H&M
Express extra slim fit 1MX
Tie by Tommy H
Flower lapel by TheBloomingFigTree
where you interning at?

go get it in with some hill interns...
laugh.gif
 they get loose after being barked at all day

Thanks for all the advice, guys.

wj4 wj4 , I'm usually a 44R, but I've slimmed down for the summer and I can get away with a 42R now. I'll get measured up sometime this weekend and see what I can muster up from TaT. I'm always down to try new suits, especially if I can get it custom made and fully-canvassed.

pinoy732 pinoy732 , how slim are these TaT suits we're talking here? I'm not the slimmest guy. I'm around 5'10" 187lbs well built. Should I even bother? I also wanted to give modern tailor a shot too. Some guys in the office were talking about their shirts and they seem to be a much more affordable alternative than the Turnbull & Asser's I've been shelling out the past few years.

Slimness is relative to the measurements you provide. A portly fellow who is a 40R in the chest could in theory still get away with TaT. Just not a mordbidly obese 40 :lol:

Modern Tailor is good, but only if you go through my referral code: http://moderntailor.refr.cc/VLSHCQ7 :wink:

To be completely honest, if I was in your (I assume this) tax bracket, I would shoot a tad higher that MT and even TaT maybe. For shirting, I would give Luxire or Proper Cloth a shot.

Suiting, likely would try Kent Wang.

Slimness is relative to the measurements you provide. A portly fellow who is a 40R in the chest could in theory still get away with TaT. Just not a mordbidly obese 40 :lol:

Modern Tailor is good, but only if you go through my referral code: http://moderntailor.refr.cc/VLSHCQ7 :wink:

To be completely honest, if I was in your (I assume this) tax bracket, I would shoot a tad higher that MT and even TaT maybe. For shirting, I would give Luxire or Proper Cloth a shot.

Suiting, likely would try Kent Wang.

Looked at Proper Cloth and liked what I saw. Any noticeable differences between PC and MT shirts? Only thing I see is the website looking "cleaner" for PC.

I've seen some of the Kent Wang suits. Was never a major fan. I wear a lot of Paul Stuart, Zegna (cloth), and Mohan's. And honestly they're really no different than what I've seen from TaT or any other less expensive tailored suit make. Just as long as the fabric is good, well tailored and the suit is fully canvassed--You'll have a great suit.

As the years go by I'm learning more and more that you don't need to spend an arm and a leg for a great suit or shirts. So many options these days.

Last edited:
Hmm, I see your point.

With PC vs MT, I can only speak on the sample sale PC shirt I have but I think they are quite comparable in terms of feel and construction. PC offers things like Thomas Mason fabrics but outside of that, I do not see much of a difference. You may not be happy with the test shirt but I would safely say there is a handful of choices that will feel quite lux with MT. Just search through options like Pure Cotton and you'll weed out the inferior ones. I have paid anywhere from $35-65 for a shirt and have been quite happy with the results.

Thanks for all the advice, guys.

wj4 wj4 , I'm usually a 44R, but I've slimmed down for the summer and I can get away with a 42R now. I'll get measured up sometime this weekend and see what I can muster up from TaT. I'm always down to try new suits, especially if I can get it custom made and fully-canvassed.

pinoy732 pinoy732 , how slim are these TaT suits we're talking here? I'm not the slimmest guy. I'm around 5'10" 187lbs well built. Should I even bother? I also wanted to give modern tailor a shot too. Some guys in the office were talking about their shirts and they seem to be a much more affordable alternative than the Turnbull & Asser's I've been shelling out the past few years.
Like someone mention TaT (Jason) doesn't make anything above 42. Unfortunately I am a 46 so he wasn't able to help me out.

Back
Top Bottom