Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I had jean shorts but they weren't that big. I've been wearing slim pants with 7inch leg opening jeans and my rightful size in shirts since I was probably in JHS and now I'm almost done with college.
Bravo. Even J. Crew and the likes had baggy pants. I believe they outfitted Dawson Creek and cats had pants that covered most of the shoes.

Good times.

I had jean shorts but they weren't that big. I've been wearing slim pants with 7inch leg opening jeans and my rightful size in shirts since I was probably in JHS and now I'm almost done with college.

did you get made fun of in school for wearing small sizes and slim stuff during the whole baggy era? just wonderin

Are there any deals right now for shoe trees?
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: This.

MY AEs are at my doorstep, I'm probably gonna go to Nordstrom Rack or DSW and pay the 15$ for them if I cant really find a deal.

did you get made fun of in school for wearing small sizes and slim stuff during the whole baggy era? just wonderin
Back when my parents still bought my clothes for me and I had to wear non baggy stuff I got ripped on ALL the time. It was to the point where I had a secret stash of clothes that I would change into once I got to school. I would wear my dads jeans sometimes just to get the baggyness :lol: :lol: :lol:

No not really. Don't get me wrong I did the whole baggy clothes look, but by the time I hit the 8th grade I switched up my style and was wearing slimmer clothing. My older cousins and their friends were into the dancehall scene were wearing slimmer clothing. They were going out and having a good time with broads and such. Being young that partying lifestyle seemed very attractive along with the idea of having all these girls. I also liked the slim fit clothing look and girls liked the new look. Some of the things that I remember wearing were slim denim with blazers and oxfords or denim with slim fit graphic tees along with slim silhouette sneakers (adidas sambas, ed hardy sneakers and vans slip on's, prison issues, chucks, etc ).

Last edited:
Bravo. Even J. Crew and the likes had baggy pants. I believe they outfitted Dawson Creek and cats had pants that covered most of the shoes.

Good times.

i had some A&F stuff from back then(middle school days)

i found a shirt and a sweater at my moms and it STILL fits me..thats how baggy stuff was.. that was 15 yrs ago :lol:

Last edited:
to all my Chicago people: do you know of any stores in town that carry Arc'teryx Veilance, Stone Island and/or SI Shadow Project?  Thanks very much!

I'm just glad I wasnt an adult during the baggy clothes era. I would have been at casual friday looking ridiculous. I wish I could see what young dudes were doing in offices with their extra long white tees. Higher ups looking at them like :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: . I know full well I would have been one of them

I'm just glad I wasnt an adult during the baggy clothes era. I would have been at casual friday looking ridiculous. I wish I could see what young dudes were doing in offices with their extra long white tees. Higher ups looking at them like :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: . I know full well I would have been one of them
My boss used to make fun of my jorts and questioned if they were high water pants. I was 16, a senior in HS and worked at a mortgage firm. Lol.

Are there any deals right now for shoe trees?

Men's Wearhouse has Buy 1 Get 1 Free so they come to about $10/each however, I prefer the woodlore ones from nordstrom rack or the ones from Jos A Bank.

What's the difference?

Which one of ya'll rocked the Jncos??

:wow: you can fit a freakin iPad in the pockets!!!

Last edited:
jncos were awesome back in the day. One time I emptied out the stuff in my bookbag and it all fit in the huge jean pockets.

Never been that guy, always been phone in the pocket guide. Luckily phones slimmed down at the same rate as my pants, :lol:
You're too old, man.

I remember when the two way pager came out :pimp:

I need to stop though. This isn't even dbnt anymore.

What's the difference?

Which one of ya'll rocked the Jncos??

:wow: you can fit a freakin iPad in the pockets!!!

Nordstrom Rack, I personally prefer these since the front expands and the back has the handle.

Jos A Bank I like these because it has the handle in the back like the NR ones and I don't mind that it's a solid piece at the front as they fit most of my AE's/RL's.

Men's Wearhouse, I just don't like the back as they don't have the handle. Just a preference.

Who else had the cell holster clipped on the side and put your shirt or jersey around it? :pimp:

All...The...Time.

I never even knew that was a thing.

I have only worn a jersey in public once, and that was to a Lakers playoff game back in 2009.
You're from a different crowd, my friend. You grew up with the real Asians.

If you were into the Hip Hop/sneaker culture then you would totally understand it, especially at your age because it was prime time.

Even on NT, cats had battle to show off the throwbacks with the matching fitted caps and customized white AF1 lows to match. If you had a Sidekick at the time you were that dude too. That's why you rock the holster. Same goes for Nextel.

Back
Top Bottom