Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Hey guys I'm in the market to get my first pair of suspenders/braces. What width would y'all recommend? I don't want those super skinny joints either. Thx

Steezy and I were joking about getting tailored scrubs a long time ago lol. But then I would actually have to spend money on them. I'm good with the baggy joints for free
Same, man. I had the baggy Ben Davis joints when I interned for my doctor and dentist.

Hey guys I'm in the market to get my first pair of suspenders/braces. What width would y'all recommend? I don't want those super skinny joints either. Thx
I have they skinny ones from Drakes of London via J. Crew. I love them that I got another pair in a diff color. I'm a slender dude so I wouldn't want a thicker width.

For ref:

Only ever seen fitted scrubs on women, which looks fine. On men, it would just be doing too much.

How about scrub top tucked into suit trousers lol

Last edited:
Steezy and I were joking about getting tailored scrubs a long time ago lol. But then I would actually have to spend money on them. I'm good with the baggy joints for free
Same, man. I had the baggy Ben Davis joints when I interned for my doctor and dentist.

I have they skinny ones from Drakes of London via J. Crew. I love them that I got another pair in a diff color. I'm a slender dude so I wouldn't want a thicker width.

For ref:

Yea I'm a little more hefty :lol:

What width are the ones you're wearing?

Probably an inch or inch and a half. They should still be on J. Crew's website if you want to inquire. Should be under good company section.

Anyone down to do a challenge next week? Anything menswear related outfit with least expensive items to showcase it's more finessing than shelling out big bucks.

guys, how does Jcrew dress shirts and polo fit? I wear a L in expresss slim fit. should i go with XL for Jcrew?

Fellas, question about watch straps. If I have tan leather shoes and a tan belt, am I tacky for having a black leather watch strap? It's a Daniel Wellington so I can get tan straps for it and swap them out. Should I match my watch strap with my shoes?

Why not invest in a stainless steel band watch? I have one stainless steel band watch, which helps with any of those brown/tan/dark/brown band and matching the belt and watch band, etc.

Anyone down to do a challenge next week? Anything menswear related outfit with least expensive items to showcase it's more finessing than shelling out big bucks.

I'm down, the challenges are always fun.

Horologists know you should always buy your watch with a metal bracelet if it's an option. Oh high end watches the bracelet alone can cost thousands compared to a few hundred for a leather strap. It will cost less in the end to buy a leather strap later than a bracelet. Plus leather straps eventually wear out and will need to be replaced.

Back
Top Bottom