Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Leather bandz >

Depends on the type of watch. I like leather but definitely not on a sports watch.

That said, I really do wish I had a watch with a leather strap for situations where I'm dressed up. I wouldn't mind one of these vintage, refinished Datejusts...

Any reason for the Arenas? How much?

I heard the quality has gone down considerably since the first few iterations and its **** compared to the other higher end sneakers.

The main issue with arenas now is color transfer from the metal eyelets onto the lighter color leathers. They are also some of the least breathable shoes out there with little if any ventilation. I do t plan on wearing mine again until the fall for that reason

Been eyeing for awhile. Copped when Henny awared me on the white restock, so yes, retail lol.

2nd quarter bonus holding ya boi down though.
:smokin

pinoy732 pinoy732 :pimp: Did you get the sizing right? Interested to see how you will rock them.

typerpinoy typerpinoy is right about the breathability. Recently cleaned my pairs and put them back in their containers until fall. Too hot to wear them right now.

Last edited:
Horologists know you should always buy your watch with a metal bracelet if it's an option. Oh high end watches the bracelet alone can cost thousands compared to a few hundred for a leather strap. It will cost less in the end to buy a leather strap later than a bracelet. Plus leather straps eventually wear out and will need to be replaced.

x2

But sometimes you want just wear a leather strap for certain occasions. I really go by how the dial looks to be frank. Recently, I've been leaning more towards leather or croc straps.

I did wear my submariner tonight though :lol:

Last edited:
I'm headed to Mexico for a 2 week business trip at the end of the month. I have NO IDEA on how to pack for this trip since I've never been on a 2 week business trip before :lol: .

Any tips or rule of thumb for packing on a long business trip? Can I pack everything I need into my leather duffle carry-on bag?

This is what I've been thinking about packing:

- 2 or 3 pair of pants (navy, khaki, charcoal)
- 2 belts
- 3 (pair of shoes) black, dark brown, casual shoes for the weekend
- shirts is what i have the hardest time deciding on

everything else like underwear, socks is easy. I just need help on the clothing items. :nerd:

Horologists know you should always buy your watch with a metal bracelet if it's an option. Oh high end watches the bracelet alone can cost thousands compared to a few hundred for a leather strap. It will cost less in the end to buy a leather strap later than a bracelet. Plus leather straps eventually wear out and will need to be replaced.
Consign this . My watch came with its stainless steel band and I bought a beautiful black leather band for when I want to dress it up.
However , I have worn the same watch with its stainless steel band with a tux before. Au faux pas lol

I'm headed to Mexico for a 2 week business trip at the end of the month. I have NO IDEA on how to pack for this trip since I've never been on a 2 week business trip before :lol: .

Any tips or rule of thumb for packing on a long business trip? Can I pack everything I need into my leather duffle carry-on bag?

This is what I've been thinking about packing:

- 2 or 3 pair of pants (navy, khaki, charcoal)
- 2 belts
- 3 (pair of shoes) black, dark brown, casual shoes for the weekend
- shirts is what i have the hardest time deciding on

everything else like underwear, socks is easy. I just need help on the clothing items. :nerd:

First, what pare of Mexico are you going to? Second, be careful and don't call too much attention to yourself, some parts just aren't safe. I think you're good on the pants, maybe add a pair of dark denim?

Shirts, assuming you don't mind rotating 5-7 shirts for the 2 weeks I would go with:

-Solid White
-Solid Light Blue
-Solid Light/Pale Pink
-White/Navy Stripe
-White/Lavender Stripe
-Tattersall
-One more white (an OCBD) or solid lavender

Sounds like you don't need to wear a suit/jacket so roll with some polos versus dress shirts. Last I checked, uniqlo had a bunch listed for under $15 a pop.

Dat dere comfort.

First, what pare of Mexico are you going to? Second, be careful and don't call too much attention to yourself, some parts just aren't safe. I think you're good on the pants, maybe add a pair of dark denim?

Shirts, assuming you don't mind rotating 5-7 shirts for the 2 weeks I would go with:

-Solid White
-Solid Light Blue
-Solid Light/Pale Pink
-White/Navy Stripe
-White/Lavender Stripe
-Tattersall
-One more white (an OCBD) or solid lavender

Sounds like you don't need to wear a suit/jacket so roll with some polos versus dress shirts. Last I checked, uniqlo had a bunch listed for under $15 a pop.

Dat dere comfort.

I'll be in Monterrey. It'll be about 5 or 6 of us, but some people are only staying 1 week. About 3 or 4 staying the full 2 weeks (including me). I've never been to Mexico, but half of the people I'm going with have been several times on the job. I've read a lot about how things can be there, so I plan to always stay with my co workers and never go anywhere alone at night :lol: .

I like that selection a lot. I may look to mix it up and go both dress shirts and polos. The polos would definitely be easier since I can just roll them up into the suitcase. Is there any other way to travel with dress shirts without a hang bag? I was hoping to not carry one since I don't necessarily have to bring a suit. Maybe just take the non-iron shirts and fold? Lol

Non-irons are usually processed with a bunch of stuff to keep in "non-iron". These chemicals/process makes the shirt retain a lot more heat as it does not breathe as well.

I would just fold the shirts b. There will definitely be an iron in the room. Handle ya bidnez wid it.

Back
Top Bottom