Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I'm waiting for the 2 for $250 deal again so I can cop beaters for the new job.

Ordered the Oxford I talked about in the last post. This is via in store and student discount.

I wish I had a jcrew near me so I could stack the student discount with the online deals
Networking, my friend. Next time you go to a store, talk to some of the folks and get their business cards. You can call them and have them order on your behalf and honor the student discount and waive the shipping.

I don't actually drive to the store to order mine. I have 4-5 J. Crew SA numbers to call and see who's on shift that can order for me.

are chino shorts and a ralph lauren t shirt out of style?

homie turns 21 friday

don't know what to wear...
going to hit up the bars and a few clubs

i want to look like fun but don't want to overdress

help guys!

are chino shorts and a ralph lauren t shirt out of style?

homie turns 21 friday

don't know what to wear...
going to hit up the bars and a few clubs

i want to look like fun but don't want to overdress

help guys!
I've never worn t shirts to clubs. The ones I used to go won't even let you in. No t shirt, no sneakers were the rules iirc.

The first pair is always special. My first pair of nice dress shoes bought after college is still one of my favs.

This thread influenced me to buy high quality leather dress shoes after graduating in 2011. 3 years later, they still look good! all I do is use shoe trees and polish them once in a while.

My Aldos in college looked like something I picked up from Goodwill only after a handful of wears.

I wish I had a jcrew near me so I could stack the student discount with the online deals
Networking, my friend. Next time you go to a store, talk to some of the folks and get their business cards. You can call them and have them order on your behalf and honor the student discount and waive the shipping.

I don't actually drive to the store to order mine. I have 4-5 J. Crew SA numbers to call and see who's on shift that can order for me.

Thanks for the idea Wis - I will definitely give this a try next time.

My first pair of dress shoes were some Cole Haan loafers. Man those things took a beating :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
Feel like lands end is oft overlooked, been really satisfied ther slim fit shop, quality is great relative to the deep promo discounts and they stick to classic styles

Thanks for the idea Wis - I will definitely give this a try next time.

My first pair of dress shoes were some Cole Haan loafers. Man those things took a beating :lol: :smh:
My first two pairs were Chukkas from BR. I still have them to rock in foul weather. Lol.

Just bought my first Ludlow. Got a wedding in August.

What color shirt/tie/pocket square should I wear with it?
What color is the suit? Is that otr? If so it fits very well as is.

Just had the pants hemmed a bit. The jacket fit me perfect otr.

Its a light grey. That's a brown tie and mahogany cap toes I have on with it, but I feel like I need something to make it pop. Thinking about buying a sunflower lapel pin or something bright.

Is the tie too narrow?

Last edited:
A, what hat dat is you got on in your photoshoot?

Looks summery and me gusta. I'm liking the longer brim compared to my fedora.

Its a light grey. That's a brown tie and mahogany cap toes I have on with it, but I feel like I need something to make it pop. Thinking about buying a sunflower lapel pin or something bright.

Is the tie too narrow?
If tie is 2.5 to 3" then it's good with the suit.

Light gray goes well with anything. Perhaps a madras tie for a summery vibe? Cotton or seersucker or linen pocket square would be cool too.

Is the tie too narrow?
If tie is 2.5 to 3" then it's good with the suit.

Light gray goes well with anything. Perhaps a madras tie for a summery vibe? Cotton or seersucker or linen pocket square would be cool too.
That tie has to be 2" at the most, so I'll grab something that matches the lapel better. Thanks for the advice.

Anyone know somewhere I could get a good lapel pin? I want a bright flower.

Last edited:
That tie has to be 2" at the most, so I'll grab something that matches the lapel better. Thanks for the advice.

Anyone know somewhere I could get a good lapel pin? I want a bright flower.

Sometimes you'll find nice ones at bloomingdales, but I remember someone posted link last year of a place that sold those lapel flower pins. I remember I went to the link and they had some nice stuff.

Back
Top Bottom