Dressing Better Vol 2.0

You don't need an even number for Secret Santa.

weather permitted me to try some layering today:

No offense intended at all because you're well-dressed, especially for a college student but how often do you wear anything other than a blazer, shirt & tie, with jeans? It could be that's just what you choose to post here and if that's what you like and you're comfortable with, it's fine...it's just that I noticed it and IMO, it starts to look like a uniform to me.

You don't need an even number for Secret Santa.

weather permitted me to try some layering today:

No offense intended at all because you're well-dressed, especially for a college student but how often do you wear anything other than a blazer, shirt & tie, with jeans? It could be that's just what you choose to post here and if that's what you like and you're comfortable with, it's fine...it's just that I noticed it and IMO, it starts to look like a uniform to me.

i was thinking this but didn't wanna say anything. does dude dress like this on a daily basis? not that its bad...its clean as hell. but i mean its just campus....more power to him i guess.

** assignments will go out tonight.

Current participants are:

KSteezy
sarteaga0408
sreezy36
marmourjr
ReturnBama
LyonBC1
Grizzlyboy

I will PM everyone tonight. My wife is pulling names just to be fair.

Nice looking forward to it :smokin

Pinoy cool fit man, what brand is the watch?

to those wondering, i dress like this when i feel like it i suppose
this weekend, i had a bunch of errands like visiting my grandmother and walking around Princeton with my girl so i figured why not dress nice.
however, i do my fair share of bumming around as well.
today's fit was for a casual meeting with my business fraternity. i have a few of these events to go to throughout the week so i guess i get used to wearing this stuff a good amount but i am comfortable in my own clothes so i guess its whatever.
i understand that it's just campus and i don't have to, i choose to because it's me.

thanks for the input though, and Lyon the watch is Timex. copped at Kohl's with some lame NATO strap and swapped out for a leather one. think it came out to like $40-50

oh and i guess just looking at my past few fits posted.
most recent: business frat
2nd: visit grandmother
3rd: trip to princeton
4th: business frat

hope that gives more clarity :\

to those wondering, i dress like this when i feel like it i suppose
this weekend, i had a bunch of errands like visiting my grandmother and walking around Princeton with my girl so i figured why not dress nice.
however, i do my fair share of bumming around as well.
today's fit was for a casual meeting with my business fraternity. i have a few of these events to go to throughout the week so i guess i get used to wearing this stuff a good amount but i am comfortable in my own clothes so i guess its whatever.
i understand that it's just campus and i don't have to, i choose to because it's me.
thanks for the input though, and Lyon the watch is Timex. copped at Kohl's with some lame NATO strap and swapped out for a leather one. think it came out to like $40-50
IDK man, your fits come across as costumes. All for dressing how you feel, but can't say your attire calls for what you describe. Especially for a college student(Top tier college or not, not many college students dress like that without it having a actual enviroment purpose) Like I said, it just comes across as gimmicky, almost like the guys who walk around carrying a briefcase, but have nothing more in it than their macs.

Good fit none the less, just looks EXTREMELY over dressed. I'm sure Grandma loved it though

Last edited:
IDK man, your fits come across as costumes. All for dressing how you feel, but can't say your attire calls for what you describe. Especially for a college student(Top tier college or not, not many college students dress like that without it having a actual enviroment purpose) Like I said, it just comes across as gimmicky, almost like the guys who walk around carrying a briefcase, but have nothing more in it than their macs.

Good fit none the less, just looks EXTREMELY over dressed. I'm sure Grandma loved it though
so it's a costume because YOU do not think i have reason to wear MY clothes?
post some fits then i'll give some validity to your comments, bruh.

and P.S. yes, grandma loved it

I don't think Pinoy732s fit overdressed or "costumey" at all. If the jacket with scarf and hat is weather appropriate, then I do not see a problem with it at all.

A person can easily wear a plaid shirt with jeans and cardigan/vest just as easily as say sweatpants and hoody, it might require a bit more coordination but it is still effortless if you do it often enough and P732 certainly looks like he does. The tie may put it over the top but again he visited his grandma so adding a little touch to make it a bit more formal is perfectly fine.

Whoa...I'm sorry I said anything, honestly. I should've realized it'd open the door for someone like A Baboon Cow to take his shots but I didn't even mean in it in any sense that you're either overdressed or costumey (I don't see how that fits at all). I don't even see any problem with your style whether you're in college or not, I said I think you're well-dressed.

What I intended as constructive criticism in asking if you just post those outfits when you wear them was just because it seems to be a lot of the same (blazer, shirt & tie, jeans). If that's what you like, it's not a big deal, I just think that a little more variety might serve you well.

Anyway...Groupon has $25 for $50 worth of Charles Tyrwhitt or $49 for $100 worth. For those of you who need a few shirts, you can combine it with CT's 4 for $199 and essentially get 4 shirts for $148. Extra slim fit for us skinny folk too.

thanks for the backing RFX and scars, i knew you didn't try and come at my neck but yea, trolls like Baboon will have their fun. It's all good though. In an attempt to go in accordance with the sneaker contest we are currently running, i plan on changing it up tomorrow. i guess you guys just caught me on an odd run of fits for the past few days.
i actually noticed earlier that it was the same type of deal and planned on throwing a curveball at you guys :D

Hey, fellas. New to the board. 

Been on the prowl for some loafers (penny or tassel, no driver mocs) to wear on the more casual tip, but can't seem to find anything solid around my college student budget ($150 or less). Anyone have any suggestions? I really like what Oak Street Bootmakers has to offer but the price point is brutal

Welcome! I think that loafers are pretty casual by definition. Based on your budget, I'd check out Bass Weejuns or Cole Haan (maybe also Sebago and Sperry). They have a lot of options that should fit what you're looking for and within your price range. Some examples of Weejuns:

Ryan-3-580x457.jpg

LARKINBUR_lg.jpg

A: you don't have to defend yourself, man. You have your own style and you wear it well. You're lightyears ahead of the game. That's enough. Baboon is obviously a troll, just ignore him.

Last edited:
Welcome! I think that loafers are pretty casual by definition. Based on your budget, I'd check out Bass Weejuns or Cole Haan (maybe also Sebago and Sperry). They have a lot of options that should fit what you're looking for and within your price range. Some examples of Weejuns:
Ryan-3-580x457.jpg

LARKINBUR_lg.jpg
They're pretty versatile. I wear them with chinos and dress trousers. The only thing is that you need to get the proper fit since there are no laces to help.

Today with chinos:
tumblr_md0vtigqUX1rux7jzo1_500.jpg

I'm no mathematician, but I don't think you need an even number. You have 7 participants and need 7 unique outcomes. Lets name you guys A through G, than randomize a letter that each person needs to buy for: example
A buys for G
B-E
C-B
D-C
E-A
F-D
G-F
TL:DR the answer is 42
You're actually correct :lol:

I didn't have time to really think it through at work. I just happened to get on when I saw K and NC posted. Either way, I'm looking to a successful event! :smile:

A heads up to those interested but I heard the GAP x GQ collab is hitting 30%-50% off discount on whatever is left in-store. Maybe someone that live near a store that carried the collab can confirm but it's worth a look if there was an item that interested you.

A heads up to those interested but I heard the GAP x GQ collab is hitting 30%-50% off discount on whatever is left in-store. Maybe someone that live near a store that carried the collab can confirm but it's worth a look if there was an item that interested you.
Hmmm, will try to check tomorrow. Will report back if I do.

How long should a suit jacket be?

(Sorry for the rookie question, just trying to get the basic do's and dont's down. I googled first but came up with too many different/inconsistent answers.)

Last edited:
A: you don't have to defend yourself, man. You have your own style and you wear it well. You're lightyears ahead of the game. That's enough. Baboon is obviously a troll, just ignore him.
i appreciate Wis. I'm just gonna get keep doing me so it's all good. No point playing in the gutters

Reactions: wj4
i appreciate Wis. I'm just gonna get keep doing me so it's all good. No point playing in the gutters
That's my motto in life, man. Focus on yourself. The only person you're competing against is yourself. Finish college strong, network in the process, get a good job, move up the career ladder, get paid in the process, enjoy life, my man.

How long should a suit jacket be?
(Sorry for the rookie question, just trying to get the basic do's and dont's down. I googled first but came up with too many different/inconsistent answers.)
The old train of thought is that the jacket should be long enough to cover your entire rear. The new/alternative is the length of the jacket should be relative to your height. There are no correct answers when it comes to these 'rules', my friend. It's not set in stone like the answer to 1+1.

I'm 5'9'' and I prefer my jackets to cover 3/4 of my rear. Older gents will probably prefer longer jackets, and fuller cuts as oppose to slimmer, which I prefer.

has anybody seen this jacket in person? it was from the gap gq collection. if its on sale im trying to get one

So am I waiting for NC's response? As long as names are drawn before Thursday it should be good.
Hey G, let's give NC until Wednesday to reply. You can do the drawing on Thursday and distribute the Secret Santas. This way the fellas can have the weekend to get started if they choose to. I hope this is OK with everyone who participated. If not, please let us know.

So am I waiting for NC's response? As long as names are drawn before Thursday it should be good.
Hey G, let's give NC until Wednesday to reply. You can do the drawing on Thursday and distribute the Secret Santas. This way the fellas can have the weekend to get started if they choose to. I hope this is OK with everyone who participated. If not, please let us know.
Cool.

Back
Top Bottom