Dressing Better Vol 2.0

So, perusing through IG I stumbled upon this:

Any info on these boots?:evil: :wow:
Dr Martens Beckett boots

Last edited:
If anyone is in NYC, Carlos Pazolini is closing down and they're cleaning house. All shoes are $50 flat (no returns). Sale ends the 29th and location is in SoHo.

I bought around 6 pairs of shoes (most for gifts) the other day. The selection is good, or atleast was when I went.

Last edited:
So I got a pair of Clarks beeswax db as a gift. Is there any special care I have to take with them? Can I use red wing oil on them or do I have to buy something else. Thanks in advance

So I got a pair of Clarks beeswax db as a gift. Is there any special care I have to take with them? Can I use red wing oil on them or do I have to buy something else. Thanks in advance

Beat them. They look the best worn in. Occasionally mink oil.

Not sure. Check if online stores list the ingredients. I don't use oil on my boots, I use some Red Wing neutral color conditioner. Doesn't change the color.

My gf bought me all black Common Project Achilles for christmas but I'm not really feeling the all black. Do the Achilles come in a black with white sole?

One of my suits from the Michael Andrews Bespoke sample sale. It is a Dormeuil suit which would have likely sold for about $3000-$3250 if I had made it for me.

Sorry for the quick pic but this was a quick shot I could get myself before heading to dinner. We were on a cruise for xmas.

Close up pics when I am back in NY in a few days.

Last edited:
One of my suits from the Michael Andrews Bespoke sample sale. It is a Dormeuil suit which would have likely sold for about $3000-$3250 if I had made it for me.

Sorry for the quick pic but this was a quick shot I could get myself before heading to dinner. We were on a cruise for xmas.

Close up pics when I am back in NY in a few days.

Too dope...

Too dope...

Thanks! Had about $150 in alterations done to it but $350 for a great suit with alterations, I'll take any day. From all the suits I have from MAB, and I've had 4 made by them, this is probably one of my favorites. The fabric is like nothing I've seen before and frankly not something I would have had made for myself but for the price I had to take it. Still have 1 more suit to pick up from my tailor, a navy pinstripe.

Close up of the fabric:

What I had to get done:
Jacket:
Shorten the jacket
Let jacket out about 1/4"
Shorten sleeves (working buttons too)
Insert shoulder pad in right shoulder

Trousers:
Taper from knee down
Hem
Needs to have waist taken in

Last edited:
Quick question NT DB fam.

All I have is a dark navy ludlow suit and I was wondering if thats appropriate to wear at a funeral?

The funeral is on monday and I dont have time to go and buy/tailor a black suit.

Also, a black tie (along with a white dress shirt) with the dark navy suit will be fine, right?

Quick question NT DB fam.

All I have is a dark navy ludlow suit and I was wondering if thats appropriate to wear at a funeral?
The funeral is on monday and I dont have time to go and buy/tailor a black suit.

Also, a black tie (along with a white dress shirt) with the dark navy suit will be fine, right?

Yes. My condolences.

Did Serg just post pics from that sample sale along with mentioning $3k suit for $350?
Bro, you gotta understand this is still a very sensitive topic for some of us.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom