Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I work as an attorney/journalist/rapper (I know) so lately I've been wearing suits every single day. Difficult since I only really own 4.5 of them. I say .5 because one is a polyester blend from Express and the other is a super expensive super comfortable wool Hugo Boss that I got as a gift in college, but as such it's a 3 button and kind of loose fitting and untailored as was the style 7-8 years ago. I never really felt the need to buy more suits and dress shirts because I was only in court 1-3 times a week and my rotation more than sufficed. Recently I've been spending every day in court so I definitely need to expand the wardrobe, if only for myself.

It surprised me that in court while some of the other young laywers and I dress well -- and I pretty much try different suit and outfit combinations for myself each day half out of boredom and half to know what to wear to friends' weddings this summer and fall -- most people dress like ****. Like seriously. 90% of lawyers wear the ugliest suits with boots or sneakers or rubber/box toed dress shoes and just clearly look like they didnt try that hard with the outfit. Clothes are unironed, dirty, untucked, top buttons undone, ties askew. When I pointed this out to an older lawyer he was like "ehh, after you've done this for a while you don't care. Judges just want you to wear a tie and jacket and beyond that who are you trying to impress? These other *** holes?"

The hell? Do u go to the studio after the courtroom?

Saphir Reno or Creme Universalle
I have a few pairs from Meermin on this particular last (Hiro). Frankly, I think you need to figure out your sizing first as this would help in determining what size to go with for Meermin. I just want you to have to avoid possibly returning a pair because it was the wrong size since they ship from Spain and it can be pricey to return. However, I assume you could possibly fit 9.5D in AE Dalton, so you would be an 8.5UK.

I got measured and they told me 8.5 at Nordstrom but I know for a fact that I would never be comfortable in that size. Size 9 in jordans/nikes alone makes my feet hurt until I break the shoes in. I know I can fit a 9.5 comfortably and I can SQUEEZE a 9 in the dalton but it'll be uncomfortable until broken in which I don't prefer. Im going to go with the 8.5 UK, thanks. This pair was one of the only pair with buckles that I saw that I liked. Next up is some loafers probably from here and some Chelsea and black oxfords[/quote]

8.5UK should be good. FYI, they combine shipping if you get 2 pairs so you save a about $15 a pair if you order 2 at the same time.

Copped these from Johnston and Murphy. First pair of double monkstraps. First pair of decent dress shoes actually. What other brands can I find nice shoes in for under 200? These are mad comfy.

Looking to get some suits soon.  I need a black suit, and a grey one.   I want to spend around $300 a piece for now until I get some real money. 

A black suit may not be the best bet in terms of practicality and versatility, presuming you're building an essential wardrobe

@23soles  You're def right on the black suit.  I met to type blue/navy.  End of the day at work and I'm thinking one thing and typing the other.  

Looking to get some suits soon.  I need a black suit, and a grey one.   I want to spend around $300 a piece for now until I get some real money. 

Spend $600 on a charcoal instead of $300 on 2 colors.

Looking good in one suit > looking ****** in two suits.

Last edited:

If you know your size, you can keep an eye on the clearance on Joseph A Banks. I got a Signature suit for $90 shipped to my door last year and a Joseph 3 piece suit for $90 as well.

I get complements on them as well. I don't like spending a lot of money on suits that are just work clothes to me and every once in a while I may go to an event after in the suit.

Back
Top Bottom