Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Thanks but price matching to third party discounted sites isn't typically allowed in major retailers. That's a great deal you got on those for sure though.

I bought 4 pairs of CP Achilles within the past month or so, all right at $200 shipped. I thought I had a decent deal... This guy lol

Again, nice pick up!

Thanks but price matching to third party discounted sites isn't typically allowed in major retailers. That's a great deal you got on those for sure though.

I bought 4 pairs of CP Achilles within the past month or so, all right at $200 shipped. I thought I had a decent deal... This guy lol

Again, nice pick up!

Where?

yeah sorry fellas, def wouldve shared the deal if there was one. i visited my buddy at the gilt warehouse and by some divine miracle there were very few pairs of these gems left.  guess they had these on the site for the $98 price.

think it was the sneaker gods way of saying i wont prosper from any big nike/jordan releases since i missed out on frags and chicagos :lol:

maybe worth a shot to price match though

http://www.gilt.com/brand/common-pr...n-projects-original-achilles-low-top-sneakers

Awesome. I found a pair of CP Tournament Highs on gilt a couple years ago for $87, but I think yours take the cake (and 2 pairs at that!).

Wearing a navy suit for my interview tomorrow. Nervous as hell fellas.

Study study study. As long as you practice answering questions and look up possible interview questions and such like that for your field, you're good. Just have an answer for everything they ask and give a little bit of a story to go with each question, i.e. don't just answer your biggest strengths....say why they are your biggest strengths and when you showed them.

You'll kill it bruh! :smokin

TBH bro this thread is a shadow of what it use be about 2 years ago.

There were some really impressive fits and helpful NTers back then.

Now I pop in every now and then but it just isn't the same.

Somewhere a long the lines it became less about actual style and taste and more about who spent the most money. :smh:
Yep. That was probably the highlight point. I was still into this heavily and posted routinely. A lot of others did as well. Adrian was doing it on a college student budget and all. Rfx and Elkin were still in here too.

We need a new generation to take over.

Yep. That was probably the highlight point. I was still into this heavily and posted routinely. A lot of others did as well. Adrian was doing it on a college student budget and all. Rfx and Elkin were still in here too.

QFT

Wiz if they don't know the "It's J Crew bro" tagline, they probably missed the boat.

I do hope a younger generation steps up.

This thread hurts from the lack of pictures.

When things started going down hill, a lot of guys got scared to post because (imo) dudes got snobby about brands etc instead offering insight on fits, textures and actual style.

I'm def an old head in this thread but I remember when Adrian picked up his first couple pairs of dress shoes (I believe A.E.s) from that thrift store in Jersey.

Yeah, I've been lurking since Day 1 of the old thread. Back when Clarks DB's were just getting popular in here and stuff ... I've watched the whole evolution and it was helpful and enjoyable. Some attitudes changed, sure but I think more than that, style in general has shifted. Back then menswear hype was strong, tailoring and such was catching on mainstream.

I remember back when Dan Trepanier first won best dressed and kicked off the blog on the old platform, menswear blogs were popping up everywhere and the style/genre(?) was growing exponentially but today its not AS popular as it was then. Or if it is, it's not as traditionally formal as before. People are breaking rules, mixing it up with personal/street style etc. Hell, most don't even have to get to dressed for work anymore. I know so many people that now work at start ups/conpanies with relaxed cultures that work in jeans and tees.

Does anyone know where I can find a a JE mix grey silk blend tee in a medium, I have looked everwhere and no luck, the one I have got destroyed. Thanks fellas.

Yeah, I've been lurking since Day 1 of the old thread. Back when Clarks DB's were just getting popular in here and stuff ... I've watched the whole evolution and it was helpful and enjoyable. Some attitudes changed, sure but I think more than that, style in general has shifted. Back then menswear hype was strong, tailoring and such was catching on mainstream.

I remember back when Dan Trepanier first won best dressed and kicked off the blog on the old platform, menswear blogs were popping up everywhere and the style/genre(?) was growing exponentially but today its not AS popular as it was then. Or if it is, it's not as traditionally formal as before. People are breaking rules, mixing it up with personal/street style etc. Hell, most don't even have to get to dressed for work anymore. I know so many people that now work at start ups/conpanies with relaxed cultures that work in jeans and tees.

Wiz if they don't know the "It's J Crew bro" tagline, they probably missed the boat.

I do hope a younger generation steps up.

This thread hurts from the lack of pictures.

When things started going down hill, a lot of guys got scared to post because (imo) dudes got snobby about brands etc instead offering insight on fits, textures and actual style.

I'm def an old head in this thread but I remember when Adrian picked up his first couple pairs of dress shoes (I believe A.E.s) from that thrift store in Jersey.

Word, fellas. The menswear thing is on its way out for sure for the youth.

From 2009 til a couple of years ago, this thread had a good run. Ideal group would be college kids or fresh grads. As you get older, life gets in the way sadly.

Macy's is the worst store I've ever been in. I've been trying to spend $250 in birthday gift cards for literally 6 months and haven't been able to because this store is straight trash.

I'm bout to just cop a pair of timbs and some cologne and call it a day.

The only things I buy at macy's are Levi's and underwear. Also some random sweaters I see on the clearance / sales racks.

was in the same situation with the macys card. went with some nike tech fleece sweats and shorts that were on sale 
smokin.gif
 other decent options are some stan smiths or a pair of AEs, or some shades or watch?

Macy's is the worst store I've ever been in. I've been trying to spend $250 in birthday gift cards for literally 6 months and haven't been able to because this store is straight trash.

I'm bout to just cop a pair of timbs and some cologne and call it a day.

Check on their site, they carry Allen Edmonds.

What colors would one deem "essential" for ties? How many ties should one have? 15?

Back
Top Bottom