Dressing Better Vol 2.0

does anyone know where i can find any of these neckties?

Looking for some slim fit chinos... have to be available in a 36in inseam. Any brands I should consider before the common J.Crew, Gap, etc etc.

Thanks!

Looking for some slim fit chinos... have to be available in a 36in inseam. Any brands I should consider before the common J.Crew, Gap, etc etc.

Thanks!

Try them before you hate... But...

My girl picked me up four pairs of Skinny Fit Khakis with built in flex from Old Navy in Tall. (36" inseam)

She paid about $12 per pair, and I wear them to work all the time.

Their skinny fit is more of a slim.

I also own several pairs of Naked and Famous "skinny guy" selvedge chinos, which also have a 36" inseam. They are far less comfortable, but definitely a quality chino. Again, more of a slim fit even though they are called skinny.

does anyone know where i can find any of these neckties?

I don't have any direct links but that's an Ivy stripe/repp tie. Pretty classic american/trad. Check out Brooks Bros, Ralph/Polo, or just google Ivy stripe tie.

Edit: Lands End is also known to have classic american type ties.

Last edited:
looking to change up my shorts game. Besides basketball shorts, I usually wear polo cargo shorts (not baggy and above the knees), but I'm trying to move on from the cargos. I've thought of like chino shorts and others similar but never took the similar cause I'm muscular built with big legs/thighs. Always felt they'll look too tight and awkward on me.
Any suggestions on shorts I should look into? Thanks

Thanks!
Own a couple pairs from bonobos. They're cut a bit longer so they're good for taller guys.
The tailored fit is similar to jcrews 484 cut.

I've been meaning to try jomers but they sell out quick but I've heard good things about them too

looking to change up my shorts game. Besides basketball shorts, I usually wear polo cargo shorts (not baggy and above the knees), but I'm trying to move on from the cargos. I've thought of like chino shorts and others similar but never took the similar cause I'm muscular built with big legs/thighs. Always felt they'll look too tight and awkward on me.
Any suggestions on shorts I should look into? Thanks
Jomers

Uniqlo

Try them before you hate... But...

My girl picked me up four pairs of Skinny Fit Khakis with built in flex from Old Navy in Tall. (36" inseam)

She paid about $12 per pair, and I wear them to work all the time.

Their skinny fit is more of a slim.

I also own several pairs of Naked and Famous "skinny guy" selvedge chinos, which also have a 36" inseam. They are far less comfortable, but definitely a quality chino. Again, more of a slim fit even though they are called skinny.
I just need something to hold me down in this heat... my raw denim are too heavy.

The site doesn't mention the leg opening, just measured my denim and it's at 8inches, which works great for me.

You say the skinny is more of a slim right... what waist size are yours? Can you hook me up with the size of the leg opening please?

Thanks bro! I'm copping the skinny or slim depending on the leg opening.

Edit: might just go with the slim fit considering i got big thighs then just get them tailored if needed.

Last edited:
I don't have any direct links but that's an Ivy stripe/repp tie. Pretty classic american/trad. Check out Brooks Bros, Ralph/Polo, or just google Ivy stripe tie.

Edit: Lands End is also known to have classic american type ties.

thanks

I just need something to hold me down in this heat... my raw denim are too heavy.

The site doesn't mention the leg opening, just measured my denim and it's at 8inches, which works great for me.

You say the skinny is more of a slim right... what waist size are yours? Can you hook me up with the size of the leg opening please?

Thanks bro! I'm copping the skinny or slim depending on the leg opening.

Edit: might just go with the slim fit considering i got big thighs then just get them tailored if needed.

Old Navy 36x36 skinny leg opening = 7.5"

NandF 36x36 skinny guy chino leg opening = 8.5" (I tailored to 7.25")

The flex in the skinny fit old navy gives my quads lots of room, and my quads are quite large from lifting.

Picked up this great quality duffle/weekender Polo Ralph Lauren bag for $117 from a Canadian Marshalls. Good deal? I feel it is for the classic nature and quality of bag it is, but I'm wondering how much better I could do. $149.99 is still not exactly cheap.

Picked up this great quality duffle/weekender Polo Ralph Lauren bag for $117 from a Canadian Marshalls. Good deal? I feel it is for the classic nature and quality of bag it is, but I'm wondering how much better I could do. $149.99 is still not exactly cheap.
I feel like i saw this bag in my local TJmaxx a few weeks back (INDY) 

I feel that you paid too much.

Then again, I used to thrift PRL weekenders left and right for a few bucks a pop back in the day.

I saw your post on that dude. That was an insane come up on that collection. It was actually pretty funny that I bought this and saw that you thrifted a whole bunch of them and made a good turn over. I feel I paid too much as well and now I'm thinking about returning. Even if it was $100.00 I would feel better about it, but at 149.99 I may have to do the return.

Last edited:
Anybody order from Bonobos? I always get their catalog in the mail for some reason. Some stuff doesn't look to bad but I don't know how stuff fits, if it's worth the price, etc.

And I finally got around to hitting up a local tailor with 4 pairs of pants, a shirt and a blazer that I've been dying to get fitted for a couple months now. Can't wait to get it all back.

Back
Top Bottom