Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Anybody order from Bonobos? I always get their catalog in the mail for some reason. Some stuff doesn't look to bad but I don't know how stuff fits, if it's worth the price, etc.

bonobos has guide shops, check them out for a fitting (i think thats what they do there)...if you are in beantown,

BACK BAY

283 Dartmouth Street
Boston, MA 02116
857-263-7340
See Map

Mon - Thur: 11:00am - 7:00pm
Fri: 11:00am - 8:00pm
Sat: 10:00am - 8:00pm
Sun: 11:00am - 6:00pm

Yeah man it was consistent for a good while but eventually just stopped going. I've since moved out of the area and now reside in Philly. Have yet to give thrifting here a shot but I assume its similar to NYC where shops have a better grasp of what they have and charge that rape price.
I did a bit of research and I think I'm going to keep the bag. To be honest, it looks to be a better bag/ higher quality weekender than the ones you thrifted. Those green ones were thinner bags made for a promotion for the classic green polo cologne and were given away for a small fee with the purchase of the cologne. Even the bay is scattered with those green bags for all like 50$ and under. This particular bag is still between 150-350$.  I don't think they were 400$ bags and might have even been imitation leather on those so thrift prices were accurate, just saying...

Last edited:
oh I'm positive it's better quality. I just personally wouldn't keep a PRL canvas bag at that price.

as long as you happy tho

Yeah man it was consistent for a good while but eventually just stopped going. I've since moved out of the area and now reside in Philly. Have yet to give thrifting here a shot but I assume its similar to NYC where shops have a better grasp of what they have and charge that rape price.

curious to see what you find if you ever go thrifting in philly, as I've never tried it myself. may have luck if you go out on the main line, as there is bound to be decent quality items and unknowing shops

curious to see what you find if you ever go thrifting in philly, as I've never tried it myself. may have luck if you go out on the main line, as there is bound to be decent quality items and unknowing shops
Yeah I work out in Radnor and take the main line out that way. I see one shop on the way that looks interesting but more for furniture and home goods vs clothing.

One of these days I'll pop in. When we getting a beer btw?

Yeah I work out in Radnor and take the main line out that way. I see one shop on the way that looks interesting but more for furniture and home goods vs clothing.

you talking about velvet shoestring?

my apologies, sir. I had just started a new position last summer and time got away from me. let's set something up for this summer

Any nice casual shorts suggestions? I'm severely lacking this season.. Thanks!

jcrew and jcf when on sale, and uniqlo. peep the last page, think there were more details discussed there

Wore this Conrad Wu tie for the first time today :pimp: I think I'm going to continue to spend more $ on better quality ties in the future instead of looking for deals. I really underestimated how much a nice tie can add to your outfit. Feels like the first time I wore well tailored pants. Never thought I'd be spending $100 on a tie but it's totally worth the extra $ IMO. My eyes have been opened. When people ask me what I want as a gift on occasions in the future I'm just going to link them to Conrad Wu site and tell em pick a tie out. Also, Conrad Wu has great customer service.

Last edited:
Wore this Conrad Wu tie for the first time today
pimp.gif
I think I'm going to continue to spend more $ on better quality ties in the future instead of looking for deals. I really underestimated how much a nice tie can add to your outfit. Feels like the first time I wore well tailored pants. Never thought I'd be spending $100 on a tie but it's totally worth the extra $ IMO. My eyes have been opened. When people ask me what I want as a gift on occasions in the future I'm just going to link them to Conrad Wu site and tell em pick a tie out. Also, Conrad Wu has great customer service.
this public service announcement was bought to you in part by conrad wu

Wore this Conrad Wu tie for the first time today :pimp: I think I'm going to continue to spend more $ on better quality ties in the future instead of looking for deals. I really underestimated how much a nice tie can add to your outfit. Feels like the first time I wore well tailored pants. Never thought I'd be spending $100 on a tie but it's totally worth the extra $ IMO. My eyes have been opened. When people ask me what I want as a gift on occasions in the future I'm just going to link them to Conrad Wu site and tell em pick a tie out. Also, Conrad Wu has great customer service.
this public service announcement was bought to you in part by conrad wu

Emailed Liam a few times this past 10 days and havent received a reply... its never taken this long in the past, anyone have any insight? 

Bought a few items.. and returned them all

RRL Slim jeans... just didnt fit right

Officine Creative loafers.... Quality wasnt there

http://www.thecorner.com/us/men/loafers-slippers_cod44974333ad.html

Topman leather jacket, again quality and the fit.. if the arms would have fit right i would have kept as i went into this knowing it wasnt going to be a $1200 jacket..

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/troy-le...bqrL_HvZlRonm9V7tW6-4vo7aTp1cMO-qQaAqqM8P8HAQ

Hope some of this can help someone in the future, i always like seeing things/trying them on so i am a big returner... 

Sucks being in a small big city like Indy, we dont have large premium retailers here aside from like Saks and their selection is very limited at that. 

Just wanted to keep you all aware of a possible glitch on Grailed --

If a buyer sends you an offer and it gets re-negotiated for a higher/lower price, be careful when you accept the new offer. In some cases, you accept the new offer, but the buyer sends payment that's actually the old offer.

For example, buyer sends an offer for $20. You re-negotiate to $30, he sends a $30 offer, and you accept. But when payment goes through, it's actually for the original $20. I have no idea how this can happen and if the buyer can fix the price before confirming through Paypal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom