Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Anyone have experience with buying John Elliott hoodies? How does the sizing work? How do they fit? Best place to buy them?

Really depends on which style hoodie you're looking at and what type of build you have (for sizing purposes).

Give some more info and we can help out.

Last edited:
Update: Just did a 2nd wash on the Uniqlo flannels. It's weird; some of them get softer, but others seem to pill/shed.

Anyone else wash/dry theirs and experience similar?

Last edited:
you can select find in store and enter your zip

grabbed the purple one from Philly store yday. wearing as I type.
Can you take a pic of the sleeve or something? Trying to see the colors in a normal picture and not the website ones of that makes sense.

^ It looks just like the site's pic -- a bit more muted irl, but it's a great colorway

Some dude on Reddit posted fit pics --

^ It looks just like the site's pic -- a bit more muted irl, but it's a great colorway

Some dude on Reddit posted fit pics --

Repped!
Yeah that purple joint is nice. Glad I copped.

Probably wear it with some dark denim and my brown desert boots. :pimp:

A little less than $2 a shirt. Across the lifetime of the flannel I can see his point.

Sidenote, really excited about the Uniqlo at Tysons. It's been a long time coming.

Last edited:
I'm gonna get a new navy suit, looking at Indochino as well. It's pretty cheap, don't know if there is a better option out there at the same price point?

most of indo fabrics are very lackluster. especially the ones that hit those sales.
What do you mean by lackluster? For me this is more " I have to wear a suit every day and just want variety" If it'll hold up and not fall apart I'm all for it.

What do you mean by lackluster? For me this is more " I have to wear a suit every day and just want variety" If it'll hold up and not fall apart I'm all for it.
You're good then. If you want suits to wear because it's mandatory and not a clothing nerd, you're fine. A probably means the drape and hand. Suits should hold up well because you're rarely suppose to dry clean the jackets...unless you goof and get stains on it and spot cleaning won't do it.

You're good then. If you want suits to wear because it's mandatory and not a clothing nerd, you're fine. A probably means the drape and hand. Suits should hold up well because you're rarely suppose to dry clean the jackets...unless you goof and get stains on it and spot cleaning won't do it.
Appreciate it. I dont want to give the impression that I dont care about my appearance because that isnt it either. But I'm sure he and I have different standards plus the knowledge gap

Appreciate it. I dont want to give the impression that I dont care about my appearance because that isnt it either. But I'm sure he and I have different standards plus the knowledge gap
Just take the tips of what we've been preaching since the start of the thread....well fitting suit > all.

To the average person, Kenneth Cole and Hugo Boss are cream of the crop. You'll be good, man.

No dude. Indo won't look don't care about your appearance :lol:

That being said, the mills they use to supply fabrics aren't widely known. I had my father get a suit from them because of the price point and his lack of caring. Lackluster refers to the quality of the wool. For $400, you are better off getting a Lazio/Napoli from Suit Supply's Blue Line as it is at least Vitale Barberis Canonico (mill). Provided you need minimal alterations, you prob can get it taken care of for sub $500.

I've had two friends go to the Indochino flagship in Vancouver to get "professionally" sized/measured, only to have their suits come back essentially unwearable. That, combined with their higher pricing, makes it a pass in my book.

Back
Top Bottom