Dressing Better Vol 2.0

It's funny when you think about it.

As a kid and teenager you wanted logos prominently displayed on your clothes.

Now as an adult I don't want any logos. Just quality that lasts.
Exactly. Fresh out of highschool and hustling on social media, I bought abominations like bland t-shirts with a big ARMANI plastered on them. :smh:
I still buy almost always buy high end but anything with a visible logo or a brand name, even if relatively unknown, is an immediate no-go now. With exceptions, like Commes Des Garçons' heart logo.
As a proper adult, for me it's all about designs I like, the feeling of the materials etc. Mostly flowery distorted/geometric designs for my t-shirts. I don't like plain outfits, and I can wear whatever at the office. I can't be out here without spicing it up a bit.

Lanvin released a collection with Future for example recently and I liked the purple shirt but it was completely ruined by the big LANVIN letters on the chest area.

Last edited:
These designer brands love their logo plastered everywhere. Part of their marketing.

I was shocked to see how bad Burberry's material was for their shirts. I have the quilted jacket and its great.
I do still buy Emporio/Giorgio Armani occasionally even though I know it's extremely overpriced for the quality. Around €60-100 for a t-shirt is pretty decent though I think. Never full price of course, strictly on sale.
A while back they started incorporating geometric designs, which might as well be crack to my brain. For a time, they were the only designer brand I could find that had consistently had these kind of designs. Nowadays I see more and more designers occasionally releasing a t-shirt with that kind of geometric style.

My last order from them a while ago, to give you an idea of the geometric stuff I like:
4aa7e41101544b75e75f24bff312a79d.png

And from some other brands:
14e9f4a0ef89cc4bc5bd5165df474568.png

Other sort of designs that kinda make my brain tingle in that same way:
87434ac07abed98ffb49f327681f04c4.png

6cf55096814665f2ff4922effb12443a.png

Last edited:
What are the Chelsea’s that were very popular here a few years back? Is the brand still around? Thanks in advance. They may have been pre order type boots.

Anyone know of any cobblers in NYC that can re-glue sneakers? Some midsoles are starting to separate and the cobbler I used in the past didn't do the best job.

Is he’s talking about the Story Et Fall brand? For the pre-order boots? concordefliteschool concordefliteschool

Last edited:
Sperry Duck boots held me down for 7+ years. They are fashionable and also do the job. One of the soles did separate but I got them reglued

Everyone at my school used to rock those ll bean duck boots. Probably to look cool but I’m guessing they gotta be somewhat reliable for colder weather

Interesting - don’t see anyone in DC with the duck ducks but everyone in northeast was rocking (LL BEAN is a Maine company with a lifetime warranty).
It's cuz folks down here wear slides and flip flops(saw this Sunday morning when I went to walmart)... that was with some flurries that had came down Saturday night

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom