Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Everyone at my school used to rock those ll bean duck boots. Probably to look cool but I’m guessing they gotta be somewhat reliable for colder weather
I have a pair and only wore a few times. Had them on during a rainy day and almost slipped in them walking to my class. My sperry duck boots were half the price and I never slipped in those.

The slp chelsea boot heels, slp skinny jeans, and slp biker jacket era had guys happy to look frail and soy. It really looked like they were wearing clothes from the female section.

Yea I'm moving down to DMV from NYC and it's gonna get some getting used to with the difference of how folks dress down here. Me bundled up in a middle weight Jcrew puffer in high 40° temps then seeing folks with no jackets and all. Even the school closures and all. Yesterday school closed down here... and me checking nyc sschool site and nope no closure

Yea I'm moving down to DMV from NYC and it's gonna get some getting used to with the difference of how folks dress down here. Me bundled up in a middle weight Jcrew puffer in high 40° temps then seeing folks with no jackets and all. Even the school closures and all. Yesterday school closed down here... and me checking nyc sschool site and nope no closure

Welcome, whereabouts?

Is he’s talking about the Story Et Fall brand? For the pre-order boots? concordefliteschool concordefliteschool

I think this one was likely it, given that the time period is “a few years ago”
Story et Fall rings a clear bell in my head so I think that’s probably it. Could be Common Projects but those were being discussed much earlier I think.

As an owner of chelsea boots from both Common Projects and Saint Laurent, I was really shocked that the SLPs were significantly more comfortable, despite the lack of a crepe sole like Common Projects.

I’ve went to a charity march with a few women from my volunteer job but forgot to wear appropriate shoes and my feet were perfectly fine after about 5 hours of continuous walking. None of my SLP pairs have required any ‘breaking in’, not even my 6cm heel pair.
With Common Projects, breaking them in was always required for me.

Frankly I have no idea how SLP do it, after all these are leather soles, but over time I barely wear sneakers anymore. I don’t own any Nikes or similar brand sneakers but I can’t say my Gucci Aces (with the bee logo on the side) are more comfortable than my SLP boots.

My CP Achilles are unwearable. Worn them 4-5x and they hurt my feet like crazy. Haven’t touched them in over a year because of that
Never had any issues, other than having to break them in.
The Gucci Aces didn’t require breaking in and I haven’t had any issues.
I don’t have a pic of my pair apparently but it’s this pair I own
IMG_5651.png

Besides that, my only other sneakers I have at the moment is an SLP pair that I initially bought as a joke for a “glitter party” event at a club with some friends and co-workers from my volunteer job but they grew on me :smh: :lol:
I wear these to the office at times too.
ADVERTISEMENT​
IMG_4308.jpeg

Surprisingly that night at the glitter event and on other occasions, women just see the shoes and strike up the convo first by mentioning the shoes, rather than me having to make the first move like how it normally goes for me. For an average looking guy like me, these things were like a cheat code.

Last edited:
Did you get your correct size or you went for a snug fit?
I never had issues besides a lengthy breaking-in period but I ordered my true size 41.5 and 42, then refunded the size 42s.
I will note though that they never got much wear after I was introduced to chelsea boots.

Even though I’m a size 41.5 in everything, for Saint Laurent I have to pick size 43 on all their chelsea boots. Even for those gold sneakers I posted above. Yet everywhere I looked, the recommendations were always ‘go true to size’.
I must have a weird feet shape or something

yeah my achilles have broken in nicely and i used to love them but now they are just nowhere near the comfort level i require

Always had an eye for them CPs(all white) but the 400 price tag was too much for me so was happy when Jack Erwin made some all white trainers....copped those

CPs def aren’t the most comfortable shoe, but if they’re unwearable for you then maybe the sizing is off.

Correct size. Maybe I need to wear them more, but after 4-5 wears they still hurt my feet. I rotate between the Gucci Ace sneaker or Stan Smiths. Both of those are more comfortable than the CP’s in my opinion
I can't speak for Stan Smiths but my Gucci Aces immediately felt well and didn't require breaking in the leather. They were relatively comfy from day 1, though in my experience my SLP chelsea boots are still by far the most comfy. Ironically, SLP's chelsea boots are vastly more comfy than that pair of SLP gold sneakers I posted earlier.
I don't know what kind of sorcery SLP does over there, on paper their chelsea boots should not be comfy for prolonged walking, much less hours of walking.
The only pair that causes me slight discomfort after prolonged walking is my 6.5cm heel pair, but that discomfort is in my hamstrings rather than my feet. Even that pair immediately fit perfectly on day 1 without having to break in the leather.

SLP chelsea boots carry a huge pricetag, but I genuinely think they're worth every single cent for how good they look, the quality and especially how comfy all of them are.

Last edited:
Comfy in what way? :lol: I own a pair of Wyatts
You don’t find them comfy?

I’ve walked in my regular black leather SLP chelsea boots for roughly half a marathon without even the slightest bit of discomfort.

I know it makes no sense on paper, and apparently others like you have a different experience, so I’m guessing my feet are just weirdly shaped and SLP happens to have a perfect match.

I assume it’s not a coincidence that I had to size up from 41.5 to size 43, despite all the advice recommending true to size.
My Gucci Aces are a size 41.5 and yet I couldn’t even get my feet in the 41.5 SLP boots at all due to the upper bridge area of my feet.
Size 42.5 was the first size that actually allowed me to (barely) fit my feet in at all, but it was far too tight and hurt around that upper bridge area of my feet.
At long last with size 43, they fit like a glove and they immediately felt like I’d been walking in them for years.

You don’t find them comfy?

I’ve walked in my regular black leather SLP chelsea boots for roughly half a marathon without even the slightest bit of discomfort.

I know it makes no sense on paper, and apparently others like you have a different experience, so I’m guessing my feet are just weirdly shaped and SLP happens to have a perfect match.

I assume it’s not a coincidence that I had to size up from 41.5 to size 43, despite all the advice recommending true to size.
My Gucci Aces are a size 41.5 and yet I couldn’t even get my feet in the 41.5 SLP boots at all due to the upper bridge area of my feet.
Size 42.5 was the first size that actually allowed me to (barely) fit my feet in at all, but it was far too tight and hurt around that upper bridge area of my feet.
At long last with size 43, they fit like a glove and they immediately felt like I’d been walking in them for years.

Your foot:

220px-Charcot-marie-tooth_foot.jpg

Back
Top Bottom