Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Tips on finding slim dress pants? I originally got Express Photographer pants, but those ended up not being what I wanted.

Would I be better off getting them tailored to the really slim fit I'm looking for, or should I just buy different pants all together?

Tailor if the fit is atleast close to what you want... New pants if it's far off

Just ties correct? Or scarves too?
Anything that you can put around your neck, man. Ties, bowties, scarves, heck even sweater if you can rock around your neck (some folks actually do this). Making it broad so anyone can join.

Finally a reason to run through my rotation :D
I dare you to post up twice a day. This is the only way you can run thru the whole rotation of yours :lol:

Also I'm working with Jason regarding the secret Santa program. He's still on vacation so we will get it started on Monday. I really hope everyone gets their gift by then. It would be a major let down if this event is a failure.

Quick question, I just bought the dockers alpha chinos do they shrink should I size up 1 or 2 sizes?
I also got the Gap slim fit chinos also, do they shrink?

what would be a good colored shirt to go with some navy blue chinos and some clarks beeswax. I swear, I feel like a mechanic anytime I put navy blue chinos on.

Quick question, I just bought the dockers alpha chinos do they shrink should I size up 1 or 2 sizes?
Your best bet is to follow the instruction. I would avoid putting it in the dryer for sure though to avoid shrinking.

what would be a good colored shirt to go with some navy blue chinos and some clarks beeswax. I swear, I feel like a mechanic anytime I put navy blue chinos on.
Navy blue chinos = staple item. A lot of good solid color shirts would go well here...white, light gray, pink, pale yellow, and green come to mind.

Since I'm done buying shoes/boots for a while, decided to post up the family:

Your best bet is to follow the instruction. I would avoid putting it in the dryer for sure though to avoid shrinking.

Navy blue chinos = staple item. A lot of good solid color shirts would go well here...white, light gray, pink, pale yellow, and green come to mind.

Since I'm done buying shoes/boots for a while, decided to post up the family:

No AE's W? I'm very surprised.

Very nice collection none the less

Last edited:
Quik - dot worry its coming. Last I checked it was in customs.

Anyone know the best way to post pics on ere using an iPhone. Imgur doesn't support iPhone.

No AE's W? I'm very surprised.
Very nice collection none the less
Not a fan of AE. I prefer Alden when it comes to American style shoes.

Other than that I like England based brands for hand grades though I can't afford to spend $1,000 + for a pair of Lobb or EG yet.

How do you guys feel about Henleys for a casual friday type look at the office? Am I reaching? :lol: Keep in mind the dress code is pretty laid back.
I just need a break from polos all the time

edit: trying to go for look similar to this

although the shirt here is too tight for my taste

Last edited:
How do you guys feel about Henleys for a casual friday type look at the office? Am I reaching? :lol: Keep in mind the dress code is pretty laid back.
If your firm's culture is relaxed, then it's fine. I can wear henleys on any day, not just casual Friday. The only thing I can't wear any other days is a pair of denim.

Same here, jeans only on friday, but still pretty relaxed throughout the week. Off to look for some Henleys then

If your firm's culture is relaxed, then it's fine. I can wear henleys on any day, not just casual Friday. The only thing I can't wear any other days is a pair of denim.

just wondering. Why can you weat henleys but not denim? A henley seems far more casual then jeans do

just wondering. Why can you weat henleys but not denim? A henley seems far more casual then jeans do
Need to ask corporate for that, man. I didn't make the rules.

I can wear a 3 pc suit or henley shirt, they couldn't care less.

edit: trying to go for look similar to this

although the shirt here is too tight for my taste
Leave it up to GQ for this stuff :lol: The jeans are horrible. The rise is so low it can be a pair of women's denim. The shirt is definitely too tight. This is how my compression shirts for the gym fit.

Just a heads up, they have dockers twill camo alpha khakis on Gilt
for 39. Limited sizes though.

Back
Top Bottom