Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Sorry for the bathroom pic :lol:

anyone ever order from varsityjacketsshop.com? considering picking up this
Cheap%20Navy%20Brown%20Mens%20Baseball%20Jackets%202012.jpg

I'm pretty sure they sell fake North Face and I'd bet that BBC varsity is fake too.

The one you posted says wool body & leather sleeves...I don't know that it's a fake of anything but plenty of others have done that color combo. Just be prepared that the quality might not be great (or it could be fine, who knows).

I know we had a sneaker challenge a while ago, and since its cold out now, i thought this was a cool spin

http://www.nicekicks.com/2011/01/nike-air-force-1-duck-boot-black/

Nike's duckboots are:

I am considering picking these up. I know to many here have outgrown sneakers, and I have personally not purchased jordans or nikes in quite sometime, and i feel Nike is aiming at a more mature and "dressing better" type of crowd with these..

Last edited:
i definitely have seen this on ebay before coming from a korean seller..
buyer beware

definitely fakes bro. I would stay away. I mean I know that jacket is meant to be just a basic letterman but they sell fake True Religion and BBC jackets on their website so I already question their quality. The prices are great but its most likely one of those you get what you pay for situations

Because we were talking about henleys earlier this morning:

Dang..lots of good sales still going on with good sizes. Stopped by Barneys and Nordstrom today...had to resist.

I know we had a sneaker challenge a while ago, and since its cold out now, i thought this was a cool spin

http://www.nicekicks.com/2011/01/nike-air-force-1-duck-boot-black/

Nike's duckboots are:

I am considering picking these up. I know to many here have outgrown sneakers, and I have personally not purchased jordans or nikes in quite sometime, and i feel Nike is aiming at a more mature and "dressing better" type of crowd with these..

They're not bad, they just look heavy and I think a more traditional tan/brown, something with contrast would look better. I bet if you're not close up, they look a lot like Nike's other sneaker turned boot models.

And I don't really think that's Nike's aim with those specifically, they're pretty bulky. Maybe a different model with the duck boot styling.

These look a little better to me if you can find them:

Or if these soles were different:

Last edited:
I liked last year's Nike duck boot forces a lot better. I don't think they were targeting people who wanted to dress less casual or "better". They just wanted to try a different style of sneaker / boot hybrid. Duck boots are for hunting, trekking in snow and rain.

I'm really glad Nordstrom is upping their game for the men. They now carry brands like APC, Steven Alan, Jil Sander, etc. The good thing is that a lot of this stuff is included in their big sales.

Their customer service is also top notch, second to none for department stores IMO.

A while back, maybe a year or so ago I got a call from a customer relations manager asking if I would like to come in and have a brief survey with her. I would get a giftcard for my time. Since I always roam around the area, I welcomed the offer. She basically asked why I stopped spending good money there. I told her the brands for the guys haven't changed and were still stuck with True Religion, 7, etc. I wore that stuff in undergrad and moved on. She asked where I shop now and I told her Barneys, Neiman, etc.

Not that they listened to me personally, I'm glad to see them move in this direction!

Also...FYI, they have no time duration for price match...which is just awesome. Say you bought some Red Wings at $300 in February. Now it's on sale for $180...you can call and ask for the difference back.

I am looking for a fitted sweatsuit. Any suggestion? $200-$300 is the budget.

Are you looking for a fitted suit? If you are try the Tommy Hilfiger ones that are called tailored fit or the Alfani ones both can be had in Macys and are usually on sale with their card or you can go to Burlington and get the Hilfiger suits for under $300.

I'm really glad Nordstrom is upping their game for the men. They now carry brands like APC, Steven Alan, Jil Sander, etc. The good thing is that a lot of this stuff is included in their big sales.
Their customer service is also top notch, second to none for department stores IMO.
A while back, maybe a year or so ago I got a call from a customer relations manager asking if I would like to come in and have a brief survey with her. I would get a giftcard for my time. Since I always roam around the area, I welcomed the offer. She basically asked why I stopped spending good money there. I told her the brands for the guys haven't changed and were still stuck with True Religion, 7, etc. I wore that stuff in undergrad and moved on. She asked where I shop now and I told her Barneys, Neiman, etc.
Not that they listened to me personally, I'm glad to see them move in this direction!
Also...FYI, they have no time duration for price match...which is just awesome. Say you bought some Red Wings at $300 in February. Now it's on sale for $180...you can call and ask for the difference back.

Wj4, you are correct about Nordstrom. Nordstrom reminds me of Bloomingdales. Only reason why I purchased shors/boots from Bloomingdales is because of their outstanding return policy.

Last edited:
Are you looking for a fitted suit? If you are try the Tommy Hilfiger ones that are called tailored fit or the Alfani ones both can be had in Macys and are usually on sale with their card or you can go to Burlington and get the Hilfiger suits for under $300.

Not suits. Lol. Activewear aka sweatsuit

Do you have a better picture of the bowtie? I was going to say it looks like you didn't tie it properly, but the shape also looks straight across with no taper to give it the bowtie shape.

Here is a pic of the untied bow tie, My bow tie skills need vast improvement though so im sure im not helping..

Back
Top Bottom