Dressing Better Vol 2.0

these are too fresh

Last edited:
LyonBC1, that's a great fit off the rack. Any pics of the jacket from the back?

Thanks guys, I'd highly recommend SuitSupply stuff after getting it if you've never checked them out, and nah my girl went home this weekend but I'll try and get another shot when she gets back though

Lyon: suit looks really good, man. Forgot to say that when I first saw it.

Also glad to see Quik got his gift!

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/sperry-...extualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=0

$44.96. Might pull the trigger. Anybody know the sizing on these? I'm assuming size down at least 1/2 a size?

Wow, that price is awesome. I always size down 1 for Sperrys boat shoes (I wear them sockless) and the last time I tried on a non-boat shoe made by Sperry I only sized down .5 (also worn without socks).

Thinking about copping those for summer weather and wearing with shorts and no socks.

Need shoes to go out to bars and parties with. Thinking about those Sperry wingtips posted above or Clark's desert boots. The big difference is that the sperrys are about half the price of the Clark's. I don't want to spend a lot of money on something that will most likely get beer and whatnot spilled on it. Any suggestions?

Also, how's the sizing on these? Should I size half size down? Also, you think I could rock these with slim jeans with a fairly narrow leg opening?

Those Sperrys look really nice but I dunno if they'd hold up as well as DBs since they're wingtips and look suede too. My clarks have been through everything at school the past 2 years: beer, wine, snow, rain (wouldn't recommend wearing them in this weather) :lol: But once you hit em with some mink oil they look fine, and even better when they get worn in...I'd recommend them but go down a full size if you do...they can be had for ~60-65 on sale too. And they'd look fine with slim jeans

Thanks Wis! Learning from all you guys in here :smokin

Last edited:
Those Sperrys look really nice but I dunno if they'd hold up as well as DBs since they're wingtips and look suede too. My clarks have been through everything at school the past 2 years: beer, wine, snow, rain (wouldn't recommend wearing them in this weather)
laugh.gif
But once you hit em with some mink oil they look fine, and even better when they get worn in...I'd recommend them but go down a full size if you do...they can be had for ~60-65 on sale too. And they'd look fine with slim jeans

Thanks Wis! Learning from all you guys in here
smokin.gif
That's what I was thinking. I really love the style of the Sperry's but once beer spills on that suede, it's done. The leather desert boots just seem more practical. I just need a designated piece of footwear for the weekends that can take a beating and yet looks great. I think I'm going to spend the extra dough and get the DBs

There are suede eraser and such. There's even a shampoo to clean all areas. I'll post pictures of my beige suede bluchers soon. I wore the crap out of them and they have scrapes and such and still digging them.

Do your best to care but acknowledge that it's impossible to keep them pristine. No 95% stars still visible on sole here :lol:

There was a post I saw of a guy who traveled the world in his Alden Indy. They were beat to hell, but he got his money's worth. That's how it should be done IMO. I care for my shoes and boots but I don't really lose sleep when I scrape them. I do take the normal precaution like not wearing suede when I know rain is coming. Aside from that, just wear and enjoy :smile:

Last edited:
Yea those are the top sider wingtip oxford, links been posted so i won't post them again. Pretty comfy, i don't wear them sockless so to me it's tts.

Sorry if you guys felt that i was being to harsh about responding to that question but lately, there's been a need of a lot of hand holding in this thread. I recognized the box to be sperry and apparently denni5 did too. I had no direct link but I did at least scroll to the bottom of the sperry page. Unfortunately he did not and could not find it. Even when a link was provided, it took him to the wrong shoe. In my opinion, I just think it would've been fairly easy to just find them yourself. Sorry if i ruffled feathers though.

hand holding? bruh, i asked for a link, not for you to dress me :lol:

it appears that others had trouble finding it as well. my jimmies were not rustled, but you shouldn't be quick to throw condescension into a thread where you yourself have preached helpfulness.

Gents,

With the goal of keeping the thread positive, I am raffling off two items from J. Crew. Both are size large and are new, unworn with tags.

Items being raffled:

Rules:

Any and all regular members of this thread can join, anyone posting here really.

Winners must post outfit pictures so I know you are not going to resell or re-gift.

To get in the action, simply add your screen name to the list below. If there's no more space to add your name, continue with the numbering and add in.

I will stop the contest on Wednesday 1/16/13 at 6PM PST. Names of participants will be drawn at random. Winners will be contacted and given 48 hours to give me full information for shipping. If the winner(s) do not reply within 48 hours, item(s) will be redrawn. There is no cost to the winners. I will cover shipping.

There is only a need for one list. I will put all names in a baseball cap and draw from there. I will stat with the sweater then the shirt. The first winner will be removed from the pool that the second winner will be picked from so one person cannot with both items.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Gents,

With the goal of keeping the thread positive, I am raffling off two items from J. Crew. Both are size large and are new, unworn with tags.

Items being raffled:

Rules:

Any and all regular members of this thread can join, be it a poster or lurker.

Winners must post outfit pictures so I know you are not going to resell or re-gift.

To get in the action, simply add your screen name to the list below. If there's no more space to add your name, continue with the numbering and add in.

I will stop the contest on Wednesday 1/16/13 at 6PM PST. Names of participants will be drawn at random. Winners will be contacted and given 48 hours to give me full information for shipping. If the winner(s) do not reply within 48 hours, item(s) will be redrawn. There is no cost to the winners. I will cover shipping.

Good luck!

1. af1 1982
2. HHHornet15

Separate raffles for each item? Either way, thanks for doing this!

1. af1 1982
2. HHHornet15

Last edited:
Those Sperrys look really nice but I dunno if they'd hold up as well as DBs since they're wingtips and look suede too. My clarks have been through everything at school the past 2 years: beer, wine, snow, rain (wouldn't recommend wearing them in this weather) :lol: But once you hit em with some mink oil they look fine, and even better when they get worn in...I'd recommend them but go down a full size if you do...they can be had for ~60-65 on sale too. And they'd look fine with slim jeans

i got some leather DB's that i wore to a NYE event. they got pretty trashed. i looked up mink oil and it seems as if its more of a finish than a cleaner? do you recommend any other leather cleaners and techniques?

edit. nice gesture wj4. too big for me or else id participate.

Last edited:

1. af1 1982
2. HHHornet15
3.omgitswes
4.BIG BOSS

pimp.gif

i got some leather DB's that i wore to a NYE event. they got pretty trashed. i looked up mink oil and it seems as if its more of a finish than a cleaner? do you recommend any other leather cleaners and techniques?

edit. nice gesture wj4. too big for me or else id participate.

Not sure if its really "recommended" necessarily but since mine are over 2 yrs old I honestly wipe em down with a wet towel or rag to get rid of any stains (I've had beer spilled on em plenty at parties at school :smh: but that seems to get rid of any stickiness and such...but I also used leather lotion from Amazon on them in the past...but right now I just wipe them down with a wet rag and use the mink oil occasionally

1. af1 1982
2. HHHornet15
3.omgitswes
4.BIGBOSS
5. LyonBC1

Thanks Wis!

Awesome gesture, thanks Wis!

Last edited:
Not sure if its really "recommended" necessarily but since mine are over 2 yrs old I honestly wipe em down with a wet towel or rag to get rid of any stains (I've had beer spilled on em plenty at parties at school :smh: but that seems to get rid of any stickiness and such...but I also used leather lotion from Amazon on them in the past...but right now I just wipe them down with a wet rag and use the mink oil occasionally
Awesome gesture, thanks Wis!

cool. they've just been sitting my closet and was about to just chalk them up as an L :lol:

i'll go ahead and just try the wet rag/oil combo. thanks!

Quick got his gift! Awesome man!

I have the Sperry Wingtips in grey. Absolutely love them. Great change up shoes.

Back
Top Bottom