Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I'm a 13 and had to send them back. Went down to a 12 and they are still large. Order both the 10.5 and 11 and send the other back. Free returns with Nordstrom. But my suggestion would be a 10.5.
So the concensus is to do an 11 or 10.5? I plan to wear socks with these btw

I'm a 13 and had to send them back. Went down to a 12 and they are still large. Order both the 10.5 and 11 and send the other back. Free returns with Nordstrom. But my suggestion would be a 10.5.
So the concensus is to do an 11 or 10.5? I plan to wear socks with these btw

Get both, if you can't afford to buy both at the same time I'd go with the 10.5 first :D

Wow Wis, that's super generous of you man!

And actually got time in with the family today. Wore this to grab lunch at a Hibachi spot with them:

Afterwards, we ended up doing some family thrifting haha.
I scooped this Bill Blass blazer for $3.50:

Passed on this:

And unbelievably...ran into 2 pairs of AE McAllisters! Both size 15 3e :wow:

Ended up picking up one in hopes to resell ($10). This is the before and after cleaning and a much needed lace swap :lol: :

Dad scooped a pair of Bass loafers for $4 so i hit em with a cleaning/polish:

After Dad realized I knew how to polish shoes, he pulled out a pair of Bally's that he bought for $200 back in the 80s, before he even met my mom. Asked if there was anything i could do..
Before:

After:

Saddle Soap and AE Polish ftw ! :pimp:

Last edited:
Honestly you should keep it for the regulars.. People who actually have contribute to the thread or at least have posted on it previously.
Yes, that is the better idea. I revised the initial post accordingly.

Pinoy stay finding the steals 
laugh.gif
 If you ever come across a pair of AEs in a size 11-11.5, lemme know 
wink.gif

And actually got time in with the family today. Wore this to grab lunch at a Hibachi spot with them:

Afterwards, we ended up doing some family thrifting haha.
I scooped this Bill Blass blazer for $3.50:

Passed on this:

And unbelievably...ran into 2 pairs of AE McAllisters! Both size 15 3e :wow:

Ended up picking up one in hopes to resell ($10). This is the before and after cleaning and a much needed lace swap :lol: :

Dad scooped a pair of Bass loafers for $4 so i hit em with a cleaning/polish:

After Dad realized I knew how to polish shoes, he pulled out a pair of Bally's that he bought for $200 back in the 80s, before he even met my mom. Asked if there was anything i could do..
Before:

After:

Saddle Soap and AE Polish ftw ! :pimp:

where did you learn how to polish shoes? are there any tutorial videos that you recommend?

Man, I'm surprised you're able to find outerwear that fits you nicely w/o alterations. Usually, the older ones fit like ponchos.

Today:

Received a giftcard to Bloomie's as an Xmas present and tried to spend it today. Not a single thing worth picking out. Will try a different branch soon.

[/Spoiler]

>: I'm so jealous of your pickups

That blazer looks and fits great on you... you are getting so lucky with all these pickups and near perfect sizing :lol:

Good work my man, the loafers your dad got are very nice as well. Looks like it runs in the family :lol:

>: I'm so jealous of your pickups

That blazer looks and fits great on you... you are getting so lucky with all these pickups and near perfect sizing :lol:

Good work my man, the loafers your dad got are very nice as well. Looks like it runs in the family :lol:

:lol: Seriously. I tried on a DB blazer today that was nearly identical to the one you picked up except it fitted like crap and it was $800 or so.

Not sure if any of you are in the area or if you can order from Nordstrom stores but I saw a pair of AE Players in Walnut sz 11 for $200 in West Farms (East Hartford) Really great shoe at a great price.

I shouldn't have passed :rolleyes

thanks everyone and jmal, like Unknwn is saying, its fairly easy to learn. I actually learned from that GQ article posted and googling how to do it.
i.e. http://www.ehow.com/how_31_shine-shoes.html

it's actually really rewarding being able to maintain your own shoes and its fairly cheap to do. $5 for a brush, $5 for dauber applicator, $5 mink oil, $5 saddle soap, $10 per polish all of which i accumulated over the past few months. Most shoe shine places will run you $5 per shoe. Although everything I listed can run upwards of $50 (depending on the amount of different polishes you buy) you will be able to shine way more than 10 shoes haha.

Wis and Unknwn: Yeah guys, I have no clue how I keep running into these pieces. I really just thumb through and its hit or miss. With this and the other, I didn't even see a tag for the sizing. Just tried them on and bam :lol:

went back and fixed the list

1. af1 1982

2. HHHornet15

3. KNIGHTLOVESQUEEN

4. CurbsideProphet

5. SoleAsian

6. Mags on fire

7. DikembeSaysNo

8. omgitswes

9. BIGBOSS

10. LyonBC1

11. NikeAirForce1

12. davinci

13. marmourjr

hope i didnt leave anybody out. thanks wj4 
pimp.gif
Nice gesture bro.

If anyone in the NYC area could help me up some stuff locally, PM me. Will pay for shipping, item and of course your time.

Neat blog:

I went back to pick up the shoe decor thing I saw last week...it just looks too awesome. Yes, I know it has nothing to do with dressing better :lol:

Last edited:
Missed me :\
:lol: You're #14, dude.

Edit: wait, why did you put your name at #14 and took NCTwin off?. Just put yourself as #15, man.

Can someone else do me a favor and run the list to include everyone, fairly please? If not, I'll do it myself.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom