Dressing Better Vol 2.0

He should do a Twitter Link Only
laugh.gif

Hey I don't have a FB, Twitter, IG account. ONLY NT. 
laugh.gif

No offense but it's a little funny that in all likelihood GGotti's offer made you step out of the lurking shadows and now you have multiple posts in this thread and just now started asking questions/joining in. Had he not posted that info, why would you have remained a lurker?

You mention the regulars feeling entitled but where would this thread be if everyone else just lurked and didn't contribute? It didn't take giveaways for those that you see in here to start posting and it would be a little disappointing if people had to always be enticed to contribute, like some incentive was needed.

People in other forums on NT get way more up in arms about lurkers whose only purpose of being on NT is to find out where to buy stock and resell, keeping those that otherwise share info from getting items. I find this to be worse in that someone offers something extremely generous (far more personal than a website or store's #) and it comes across as a little selfish to me that people couldn't be bothered to post before (for whatever reason) want to take advantage of it. I don't know, maybe he can, but if 100 NTers hit him up to use his discount, it might be something he can't do anymore.

Actually I didn't take advantage of GGottis post, nor did I PM and I don't plan to. I was just saying that I feel like the hatred towards all lurkers is unnecessary. I haven't entered a single raffle/tried to take advantage of any offer posted in here. I am seriously just here for the knowledge. I've talked to Wis on IG multiple times, I participate when I can on here but to be honest aside from asking for advice, I would be TERRIBLE at offering suggestions or posting deals because I'm still learning about dressing better. So actually, I'm pretty content with being a lurker still. I'd asked questions months ago about a pair of Clark's DBs I got and no one answered me...that's why I hadn't posted since.

No offense but it's a little funny that in all likelihood GGotti's offer made you step out of the lurking shadows and now you have multiple posts in this thread and just now started asking questions/joining in. Had he not posted that info, why would you have remained a lurker?

You mention the regulars feeling entitled but where would this thread be if everyone else just lurked and didn't contribute? It didn't take giveaways for those that you see in here to start posting and it would be a little disappointing if people had to always be enticed to contribute, like some incentive was needed.

People in other forums on NT get way more up in arms about lurkers whose only purpose of being on NT is to find out where to buy stock and resell, keeping those that otherwise share info from getting items. I find this to be worse in that someone offers something extremely generous (far more personal than a website or store's #) and it comes across as a little selfish to me that people couldn't be bothered to post before (for whatever reason) want to take advantage of it. I don't know, maybe he can, but if 100 NTers hit him up to use his discount, it might be something he can't do anymore.

Actually I didn't take advantage of GGottis post, nor did I PM and I don't plan to. I was just saying that I feel like the hatred towards all lurkers is unnecessary. I haven't entered a single raffle/tried to take advantage of any offer posted in here. I am seriously just here for the knowledge. I've talked to Wis on IG multiple times, I participate when I can on here but to be honest aside from asking for advice, I would be TERRIBLE at offering suggestions or posting deals because I'm still learning about dressing better. So actually, I'm pretty content with being a lurker still. I'd asked questions months ago about a pair of Clark's DBs I got and no one answered me...that's why I hadn't posted since.

I don't think anyone means any hate man. We're just saying that random people, lurkers or not, can't just come out of nowhere once these things are brought up.

This way it prevents abuse of the offer, that's all.

I don't think anyone means any hate man. We're just saying that random people, lurkers or not, can't just come out of nowhere once these things are brought up.

edit: HOLY TRIPLE POST :wow: :lol:

Last edited:
Just an update. The Peal & Co.'s I picked up the other day were listed and sold within the hour :pimp: Big ups to those who helped identifying the maker.
Calculated that after fees and such it came out to be a 1757% profit.
Y'all seriously need to get on this thrift game. (just not in my area please and thank you :D )

Last edited:
You're my age. Now you must post the before pics :pimp:
not really a sentimental dude so I don't really keep pics. :lol: if u can find any by all means go ahead. Hell these became my Facebook pics which I haven't updated In about 2 years at least. And the murakami comment, wait till I gt home and ill post a pic my sister made that have us side by side. Kinda hilarious.

I know J. Crew Factory always has these typa deals, but they have 30% off new arrivals + free shipping with code SPRINGTOIT

Prices as marked. Offer valid on purchases made at jcrewfactory.com from March 21, 2013, 12:01am ET through March 26, 2013, 11:59pm ET. Offer not valid in J.Crew Factory or J.Crew stores, at jcrew.com or on phone orders. One-time use only. Offer cannot be applied to previous purchases or the purchase of gift cards and cannot be redeemed for cash or used in combination with any other offer. To redeem, enter code SPRINGTOIT in the promo code box at checkout. Limit one promo code per order. Orders will be shipped via regular ground shipping (4 to 7 business days). Return requests must be made in accordance with our return policy. Terms of offer are subject to change at any time.

Recent thrift finds

Zegna and Polo RL ties along with Polo RL loafers. Been wanting some new penny loafers lately and the thrift store delivered, really like these and they fit well.

Ties are probably what most of you would consider too wide. I'm a bigger guy with broad shoulders, I don't think slimmer ties suit me very well so I stick to a more traditional tie width. Works well for me since that is what is most often found in the thrift stores anyways

Great find on those loafers Big. The broguing looks beautiful.

As for more traditional tie, I run into all sorts such as brooks brothers, YSL, lanvin, givenchy, etc.
Not my cup of tea if its not 2 3/4 or less, but to the bigger DB fam, shoot me a PM if you want me to keep an eye out for you guys. I have no problem scooping to hook some of y'all up.

I didn't say YOU were taking advantage of his offer, in one way or another it caused you to post, but others have/will and the same thing has happened in the past with giveaways. People ONLY make their presence known when there's something in it for them, that's my point.

And you don't have to make suggestions, general questions and conversation are fine...it's all part of adding to the thread and (again, I'm not saying you) being part of it rather than just waiting for something they can benefit from due to someone else's generosity. I and others want you to join in, it's just corny when lurkers are only here to take shots at people, have ammo to talk about this thread in other threads and try to jump in on offers.

It's nothing personal, sorry that it came across that way.

Recent thrift finds

Zegna and Polo RL ties along with Polo RL loafers. Been wanting some new penny loafers lately and the thrift store delivered, really like these and they fit well.

Ties are probably what most of you would consider too wide. I'm a bigger guy with broad shoulders, I don't think slimmer ties suit me very well so I stick to a more traditional tie width. Works well for me since that is what is most often found in the thrift stores anyways

http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/326496/[/IMG[/SPOILER]][/quote]

I need to try it and I know you said you don't think it'd suit (no pun) you but if they're cheap enough and you want to see what they'd be like slimmed, you should try to alter/slim the ties on your own. Pretty sure there's easy step by step instructions online, I'll look for them.

[quote="beezylocks, post: 17499435"]what fly knits do yall have?

the lunar or racer/trainer?[/quote]

I have the trainers. I've tried on the racers too, I have a wide foot and just didn't like the feel as much plus I like the look of the trainers better. That being said, I bought them when they first released and I'm not a huge fan/don't think they're worth $150. I'm probably gonna sell the pair I haven't worn. If I liked the colorways better, I'd probably get a pair of the Flyknit Lunar 1 instead.

Last edited:
what fly knits do yall have?

the lunar or racer/trainer?

I've got the trainers. I've heard mixed opinions on which are the most comfortable for everyday wear (which is what I use mine for). I went with the trainers because they are my favorite aesthetically.
I posted a pic a few pages back but here's a small one just in case you missed it and were interested.

They will most definitely be my go to shoes for the spring/summer. I wouldn't mind the white pair too...

Honestly, y'all need to chill with the hostility.

Some people like to contribute, some don't. Everyone has their reasons for doing what they do. Just do what YOU want to, whether it be lurking or posting your fits on a daily basis. There is no harm either way.

And for the record, those dudes could've stayed lurking, but they felt the need to thank the man for posting his hook-up. If anything, that's respectable in my book.

My 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom