Dressing Better Vol 2.0

could you direct me to the wdywt thread then ?

http://niketalk.com/t/515419/yo-official-december-wdywt-thread-vol-holiday-season/180

Love this fit. Love the entire wardrobe from this movie (Crazy Stupid Love) for that matter. I know it's a fairly simple fit, but I feel like the belt and shoes set it off. Tan and navy is such a deadly combo

Thank you my man, I'm not a big dan of H&M though.
Everything I have ever bought there is just horrible quality
The quality of the peacoat is not bad at all. I just didn't buy it because it was retail at $300 or so when I tried it on. I'll try to swing back tomorrow or so to see if it's available still on sale. It's not a traditional piece though since the collar is inverted on the inside :lol:

Love this fit. Love the entire wardrobe from this movie (Crazy Stupid Love) for that matter. I know it's a fairly simple fit, but I feel like the belt and shoes set it off. Tan and navy is such a deadly combo
It's essentially biz casual, but timeless. An outfit like that looked good 100 years ago, looks good now, and will continue to look good.

class presentation today:

(trousers are a very deep navy, not black)
Very nice, man. The tie makes the outfit pop out more. I know you probably crushed the competition :smile:

Back when I was in undergrad, a couple of my professors made dressing up for presentations worth 10% or so on the total grade break down. They were astounded by how many showed up looking unprofessional.

It's essentially biz casual, but timeless. An outfit like that looked good 100 years ago, looks good now, and will continue to look good.
Right? It's dressy but it doesn't look like you are trying too hard

Right? It's dressy but it doesn't look like you are trying too hard
Yep. The only thing I dislike is the little stacking on the trousers (but this is really nitpicking). No one is going to notice because it's Ryan after all :lol:

class presentation today:
(trousers are a very deep navy, not black)
Very nice, man. The tie makes the outfit pop out more. I know you probably crushed the competition :smile:

Back when I was in undergrad, a couple of my professors made dressing up for presentations worth 10% or so on the total grade break down. They were astounded by how many showed up looking unprofessional.
thanks Wis, i wish professors over here added a bonus for dressing up. so many people seem to not care unless they are specifically told too. hell, the basketball player in my group showed up in sweats and a white tee :rolleyes
oh well, professor smiled when she saw i took the initiative to dress nicely for it, so hopefully she'll take that into consideration for my grade :D

Trying to cop some carrot fit like this
anyone know any sites or stores where I could cop? Thanks.

Can anyone school me as to why we have to rip open the seams of the pockets in blazers, suit jackets, sport coats, etc? Is it just a sign of it being "DS?"

On more than one occasion, I've overheard a guy say "damn! all these blazers have fake pockets!" :lol:

Great comment. I thinking going for timeless is always a good way to go, not to say being creative or different is bad or anything (because I like being creative/different too. I guess the time/environment/atmosphere has a lot to with things.

Back
Top Bottom