Dressing better

Originally Posted by big mike 13

tommy.. what kind of sunglasses you have on your desk?
they look like ray ban clubmasters to me
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by moorevisual

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

how high do you guys size up on 511's? I went to get the khaki trousers but didn't get no luck on the sizing. I usually wear a 30/31 and at first tried on a 34 just to see and they were quite big so I then tried on a 32 and those were skin tight on the calfs so I didn't even bother trying them on past that. They didn't have a 33 for me to try on so are the sizes that different from 34 to 32?
i agree, don't size up.  i converted from 501's to 511's a couple years ago and I'm not a super duper slim dude, but the same size is wore in 501's (36x30) is perfect for me in 511's. 

dang i had to size up on the 511. nonetheless they are a great fit.  in 501 i wore a 36.   but im slimming down some so i can have a better fit for my clothes.

Originally Posted by moorevisual

Originally Posted by RFX45

Really?
My polos, especially the heavier knits ones, droop down in the shoulders and stretches the collar when I hanged them in the hanger.
Maybe I just don't have any of the heavier ones like you're talking about, but IMO the wooden hangers even help preserve the original shape as they have a very ergonomic shape, slightly angled from the neck,  And I recently discovered Wal-Mart sells a nice sturdy set of 20 for $12, best deal I've seen locally

mine did the same thing also.  i think what im going to try is get those hangers that are made to  hang shorts with the clasps at the bottom.  and just hang the bottom of my polo from them. if anyone understands what im saying so it wont stretch the collar

Took advantage of the BB sale and tried to get as much ESF shirts as I can, the sport shirts fits pretty good, well worth the price ($35 for each shirt). The washed oxfords are awesome, thick and substantial. I need to get one more white of it as a spring/summer staple.
AdQMN.jpg

Took advantage of the BB sale and tried to get as much ESF shirts as I can, the sport shirts fits pretty good, well worth the price ($35 for each shirt). The washed oxfords are awesome, thick and substantial. I need to get one more white of it as a spring/summer staple.

Hey RFX, does BB ever have a promo code sale on their sale items? Looking to grab a few more ESF's to add in but was hoping to get under the $35 mark. How much did they charge you for shipping?

AdQMN.jpg

post the link to the sale? Or get some for me

Yah, they had a 15% off code for sale items (sale price were $39 and brought it down to $35) when I ordered them 3-4 weeks ago (yeah, shipping takes that long from their warehouse. All those shirts cost $17 to ship, not bad.

^^RFX45...what is the fit comparison between the BB ESF Dress Shirt and Sport Shirt?...I have several of the Dress Shirts, so I am trying to determine what size to go with in the Sport Shirt...thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by CrDPatt

^^RFX45...what is the fit comparison between the BB ESF Dress Shirt and Sport Shirt?...I have several of the Dress Shirts, so I am trying to determine what size to go with in the Sport Shirt...thanks in advance!

I really am not too sure. I wear a 14.5/33 in the dress shirts and just got all smalls in the sport shirts and they are almost spot on. 
Also a note, the sport shirts actually went down to $29 each before tax with teh 15% off, which they are having right now as well, 25% if you use your brooks card.

Bdeazy, just go to the clearance section on the website, it's all there. 

RFX--

I thought the Brooks Corporate Card only worked for full price items?

Also - do the sports shirts have box pleats on the back? Every time i get a boxed pleat shirt the extra material bunches at the waist.

The brooks card isn't their corporate card, it's their credit card.

And yes, it does have box pleats in the back, it doesn't bother me much though.
I think the sport shirts fit a slightly slimmer than the dress shirts too, i am not 100% on that though.
The oxfords definitely feels slimmer because it's thicker.

I think the sport shirts fit a slightly slimmer than the dress shirts too, i am not 100% on that though.
thanks - I may have to just suck it up and give them a try. Is there any other way to get 25% off without opening up a credit card? Does the $10 off on their website for signing up work on sale items?

Originally Posted by CJ003

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

[h1]Tom Ford[/h1]

Tom Ford – fashion powerhouse, film mogul and old
school romantic – is the cover star of the spring/summer 2011 issue of
Another Man. Alongside web exclusive images from Jeff Burton's shoot,
AnOther presents Tom Ford's five easy lessons in how to be a modern gentleman, taken from Jefferson Hack's intimate conversation which appears in full in the issue.

You should put on the best version of yourself when you go out in the
world because that is a show of respect to the other people around you.

A gentleman today has to work. People who do not work are so boring and
are usually bored. You have to be passionate, you have to be engaged
and you have to be contributing to the world.

3. Manners are very
important and actually knowing when things are appropriate. I always
open doors for women, I carry their coat, I make sure that they're
walking on the inside of the street. Stand up when people arrive at and
leave the dinner table.

4. Don't be pretentious or racist or sexist or judge people by their background. 

A man should never wear shorts in the city. Flip-flops and shorts in
the city are never appropriate. Shorts should only be worn on the tennis
court or on the beach

I don't really agree with #5

number 5 is absurd. i live in Arizona, why would i wear pants when its 115 degrees in the summer. Does this dude really never have a casual summer day with shorts and a t-shirt?
grin.gif

Tom Ford said "in the city", ya redneck.

cletus-simpsons.jpg

Tcap, fantastic pickup on that bag...well played player...let me know when you're tired of it (disount hookupforfellownt'er)
pimp.gif

RFX man, i wish i had a couple extra bucks to be as efficient as you are when it comes to some of these sales
smokin.gif
pickups

Originally Posted by dukeben18

thanks - I may have to just suck it up and give them a try. Is there any other way to get 25% off without opening up a credit card? Does the $10 off on their website for signing up work on sale items?

The $10 thing should still work and you still get 15% discount on your purchase which brings the sport shirts that are on sale for $35 right now to $29 and some cents, not bad.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Warming up in the A ...

more on the dark side ...

My man....That suit is straight
smokin.gif
Been looking for one that exact color...You arey inspiration when it comes to what a suit should look like...props.

Originally Posted by damn its me

Tcap, fantastic pickup on that bag...well played player...let me know when you're tired of it (disount hookupforfellownt'er)
pimp.gif

RFX man, i wish i had a couple extra bucks to be as efficient as you are when it comes to some of these sales
smokin.gif
pickups

lmao, you got it man. Although I don't anticipate getting tired of it any time soon
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by tommycap06

I just picked this up today..

LV Practical Adventure Damier
e9xn48.jpg

125tixt.jpg

That's one nice bag bro...mind me asking how much it ran you?

Edit:
Retails for $1200+ $1,070.
I remember because I thought the other colorway was nice but the price is almost the same as the keepall in canvas.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by tommycap06

I just picked this up today..

LV Practical Adventure Damier

That's one nice bag bro...mind me asking how much it ran you?

Edit:
Retails for $1200+ $1,070.
I remember because I thought the other colorway was nice but the price is almost the same as the keepall in canvas.
eek.gif
sick.gif
 @ that price. 
What material is that? 

Back
Top Bottom