Dressing better

Geez, the size of those pics would piss Ninjahood off
30t6p3b.gif

Hey, can anyone recommend a good messenger bag? Mine just broke yesterday. Suggestions on durable/stylish material as well as versatility in terms of colour would be much appreciated. My budget is maybe $100-200. Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Hey, can anyone recommend a good messenger bag? Mine just broke yesterday. Suggestions on durable/stylish material as well as versatility in terms of colour would be much appreciated. My budget is maybe $100-200. Thanks in advance!

manhattan portage.

I've been lurking in this thread for awhile now, and finally decided to comment. Major kudos to the people who put it down. I really want to start 'dressing better' myself.

My short story: I turned 30 on Feb 27th and and am graduating soon (BA Behavioral Sciences). I did the 'grown' things in life reversed: had a child, got married, inherited a step-child (love her to death like my own), and bought the house. All in the last 5 years. Unfortunately, I don't have the degree (yet, very soon) or the car, or the job to suffice what I think a person my age and position should be in. So, like the author of the thread, I want to act and dress my age because it's that time. Sneakers and denim can't be my life forever. I want to project a better image to my family, myself and my peers and prepare mentally to 'grow up' as well.

The only thing I've changed so far is my taste in jeans and fit. But for a rookie entrance into this world (eventually getting up to Nii's status in a few years), what are some good suggestions? I'm 6'1, 210 lbs. Life has kind of got the belly area where I don't like it (comparing myself to my age 22), and am working on that. Suggestions on fashion brands, colors, styles, anything to help hide my huskier build. I'm thinking dark colors? Any help and suggestions are much appreciated. I apologize for the long read.

Damn, last page almost made my browser crash. Please remove the gigantor pics and just place a link.
laugh.gif

Also, Supreme x Clark DBs
supreme-clarks-desert-boot.jpg

Originally Posted by generaiya

Originally Posted by RFX45

Last night...
LS28w.jpg
itdqc.jpg

Generaiya loves the jacket. Where is it from?

And the tie... is that lighting, or is there a stripe?

THIS. I don't like excessive or off to the side zippers and whatnot. I like this plain and simple.

Loving the jacket RFX!!...how much did it run you?...I'm looking to replace my jacket fr spring..

Originally Posted by Storm2006

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Still freezing in teh A'

If I take a suit to a good tailor, what ballpark should I expect to pay in order to get the proper fit (waist suppression, no hang on the slacks, perfect sleeve length). The shoulders are good on all my suits/sportcoats but because of my frame, I require adjustments in the sleeve length and waist and was wondering about how much that should cost. Thanks nii!

Typically you would look to be paying the following give or take a little bit based on location and how good the tailor is: 
  • 15 to hem 
  • 25 to taper
  • 15 - 20 to take the waist in on pants
  • 25-45 to take the sides in on a jacket 
  • 15 - 20 to take up the sleeves of a jacket

don't be shy though to have them re-do stuff if it looks off to your eye. most alterationists have like a one week grace period to get stuff re-done to your desires if they did not get it right. definitely get it right, cos nothing sucks than spending money on alterations and then not being happy, which means you wont be wearing it at all. 

Originally Posted by RFX45

Damn, last page almost made my browser crash. Please remove the gigantor pics and just place a link.
laugh.gif

Also, Supreme x Clark DBs
supreme-clarks-desert-boot.jpg

i see they go that ghostface, i dyed my own look going.  i'm diggin' the red ones
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
heavy.  the JP price point is converted to $226 iirc.  lets hope it's a bit more affordable when they drop here.

Still freezing in teh A'

If I take a suit to a good tailor, what ballpark should I expect to pay in order to get the proper fit (waist suppression, no hang on the slacks, perfect sleeve length). The shoulders are good on all my suits/sportcoats but because of my frame, I require adjustments in the sleeve length and waist and was wondering about how much that should cost. Thanks nii!

Typically you would look to be paying the following give or take a little bit based on location and how good the tailor is: 
  • 15 to hem 
  • 25 to taper

don't be shy though to have them re-do stuff if it looks off to your eye. most alterationists have like a one week grace period to get stuff re-done to your desires if they did not get it right. definitely get it right, cos nothing sucks than spending money on alterations and then not being happy, which means you wont be wearing it at all. 
Don't have someone pick up your things. Pick it up yourself and try it on on the spot.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

• 15 to hem 
  • 25 to taper

Don't have someone pick up your things. Pick it up yourself and try it on on the spot.
YOO.. LONG LONG time lurker... those tailoring prices are cheap down ...here in Miami. i called a place and they were charging me to reduce the sleeves and taper the sides about 120... i got a suit from the NR and still havent found a tailor about to return it..

Back
Top Bottom