Dressing better

Sup NT,
SO I have a big day Friday. An interview at the bank.
I need some help with certain looks.
I want to create a good first impression right when I walk through the door with my outfit so...
-Should I wear a bright (Springish) tie with a simple white oxford dress shirt? Or dumb-down the colouring with something a little more toned down with a dark tie matched with a subtle shirt (ex. either striped or one color)?
We've been experiencing some decent weather these past few days so I was just wondering if I should really stand out by wearing the bright tie?
picture of the tie:

64d254eea6569799050a774a7c19d1b48b09da9.jpg

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

saw the legendary niidawg in the mall today
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Perimeter right? Was helping my boy shop for ... you shoulda come up and chatted it up ... lol. 
yea, didnt know if that was your family or w/e didnt want to bother you.. i was the white guy with the south beach lebrons on that said dressing better thread when you walked by me lol

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

Originally Posted by RFX45

Damn, last page almost made my browser crash. Please remove the gigantor pics and just place a link.
laugh.gif

Also, Supreme x Clark DBs

i see they go that ghostface, i dyed my own look going.   
On everything ... I knew there was a look to them that seemed familiar.  I wonder if he had any input on these, because that faded/washed red looks just like a pair of his Wallys.

Oh yeah .... BTW I need a good interview suit.  Any suggestions?  Price range :: $400-600 .. Dark Navy Blue ..

Originally Posted by Copp 2 Of Em

Sup NT,
I want to create a good first impression right when I walk through the door with my outfit so...
-Should I wear a bright (Springish) tie with a simple white oxford dress shirt? Or dumb-down the colouring with something a little more toned down with a dark tie matched with a subtle shirt (ex. either striped or one color)?
We've been experiencing some decent weather these past few days so I was just wondering if I should really stand out by wearing the bright tie?
picture of the tie:

NO ONE going on an interview should wear this tie...in fact no one other than a Tokyo school girl should own this tie. please just keep it simple. Interview at bank.. grey or navy suit white shirt..blue tie with minimal design... I wouldn't wear a pocket square to an interview either.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Perimeter right? Was helping my boy shop for ... you shoulda come up and chatted it up ... lol. 
yea, didnt know if that was your family or w/e didnt want to bother you.. i was the white guy with the south beach lebrons on that said dressing better thread when you walked by me lol
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Sup NT,
picture of the tie:

NO ONE going on an interview should wear this tie...in fact no one other than a Tokyo school girl should own this tie. please just keep it simple. Interview at bank.. grey or navy suit white shirt..blue tie with minimal design... I wouldn't wear a pocket square to an interview either.

While I agree it's not suitable (pun) for an interview, I don't see a problem with it otherwise.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 I'm imagining someone saying this out loud and i cant stop laughing
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ballinamillion1

I'm imagining someone saying this out loud and i cant stop laughing
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

my dude that was with me(who isnt a NTer) said "what the #**+ did u just say to that random guy"? i was like ahh dont worry about it he know what i mean..

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Quick question.

Can someone recommend any quality Henley tees?
or even a longsleeve one?

Anything out there besides American Apparel?

some of yall need a dress check...

dude rocking 569s, get some slimmer jeans...the shoes u can get away with but dont wear dark shoes with a light based short and sweater...

if the shirt doesnt fit dont wear it, i think the first rule of "dressing better" is make sure the sh** fits...i mean ive gone thru a phase of my shirts not wearing and i dont go out there trying to fit it..relax...get on a diet and itll fit in a month or too...

not feeling the toggle leather jacket at all, much rather have seen a navy blue or black toggle instead.

just my opinion

Originally Posted by VeEzyV

if the shirt doesnt fit dont wear it, i think the first rule of "dressing better" is make sure the sh** fits...i mean ive gone thru a phase of my shirts not wearing and i dont go out there trying to fit it..relax...get on a diet and itll fit in a month or too...
Just the part bolded I have to agree. Back in October I was tipping out at 240 lbs. Because I'm 6'2", I could hide that excess weight. By December I was down to 229 lbs, and as of this morning I am currently weighing out at 194 lbs. I haven't been this slim since before college 5 years ago, but I still have another 10 pounds to go before I'll be where I want. 
In sizes alone, I went from a fat Large in button-up shirts to a tailored out Medium, jacket size went from a 44 to a 40, and waist 36 down to a 33. I've had to tailor all my shirts and because of the excess length, they've been perfect for when I tuck them in and throw on the tie with my selvage denim. Had to sell off my blazers, knitted cardigans, and jackets because the cost of tailoring would of been ridiculous on top of the fact that the shoulder fit would of been completely off.

But slowly and surely, I'm in the process of redoing my whole wardrobe and there is no better feeling knowing I've dropped all the extra weight. I could of spent the money to buy clothes to fit my larger build back then, but realistically, it just wouldn't look good. 

If you're capable of dropping the weight and toning down that body fat percentage, it will do you wonders, not only in clothes but health.

Originally Posted by collingspark

Originally Posted by VeEzyV

Just the part bolded I have to agree. Back in October I was tipping out at 240 lbs. Because I'm 6'2", I could hide that excess weight. By December I was down to 229 lbs, and as of this morning I am currently weighing out at 194 lbs. I haven't been this slim since before college 5 years ago, but I still have another 10 pounds to go before I'll be where I want. 
In sizes alone, I went from a fat Large in button-up shirts to a tailored out Medium, jacket size went from a 44 to a 40, and waist 36 down to a 33. I've had to tailor all my shirts and because of the excess length, they've been perfect for when I tuck them in and throw on the tie with my selvage denim. Had to sell off my blazers, knitted cardigans, and jackets because the cost of tailoring would of been ridiculous on top of the fact that the shoulder fit would of been completely off.

But slowly and surely, I'm in the process of redoing my whole wardrobe and there is no better feeling knowing I've dropped all the extra weight. I could of spent the money to buy clothes to fit my larger build back then, but realistically, it just wouldn't look good. 

If you're capable of dropping the weight and toning down that body fat percentage, it will do you wonders, not only in clothes but health.
story of my life

i was 272.8 around September and im about 230 now...and the difference is
eek.gif
....(trying to get to 195)

i know this isnt the "getting in shape" thread but i think getting slim to the point where things are comfortable has to do a lot with how you want to dress....its hard to dress well when your a bigger dude because they dont make things in our size...

btw 6'3''...

not trying to be an A hole fam...just look at how k steezy ost all that weight and how he dresses now...he s*its on his old self lulz (this is demize btw bruh)

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Sup NT,
picture of the tie:

While I agree it's not suitable (pun) for an interview, I don't see a problem with it otherwise.
Thanks.
I was debating on doing something more traditional or something that would stand out a little bit.

- wish me luck. lol

Almost forgot I heard about it last week and havent been on here not sure if its been said but L.L. Bean now offers free shipping with no minimum order limit and no end date. Could be the start of something big hopefully other site pick up on this

I'm having the hardest time trying to find a pair of suede double monks in black. Anyone know where to look?

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Oh snaaaaaaaaaaap. It makes sense now. I heard you say something. But i couldn't figure it out. So i just thought you were talking to your boy and kept rolling. Hahaha. 
That's funny. I wish i had heard it. Cos we were in no hurry. Woulda chatted up for a bit. I've had a few people come up and say hi. Its not awkward at all ...we just shoot the breeze and go our different ways. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This thread has become my favorite ongoing thread. I've considered my self to be very stylish; however, I've been looking to dress better, no pun intended. This thread and GQ magazine has been a big help. I'll post a pic as soon as I become worthy enough to do so..

Nii you smashed it in the 1st pic ..
pimp.gif

Nii where can I get a Navy Blue suit ( a good one ) within the price range of $4-800 .. but my ideal spending limit would be $600.

Interview time.  Just brought a pair of Hugo Boss Oxfords, simple and clean, now I need a suit.

what's everyones take on shirt / tie with jeans.

tucked untucked?

Maybe I'm just being too picky but I'm not trying to look like I'm going out to party and that image is like embedded in my head w/ dress shirts and jeans

Originally Posted by akuratl02

Nii you smashed it in the 1st pic ..
pimp.gif

Nii where can I get a Navy Blue suit ( a good one ) within the price range of $4-800 .. but my ideal spending limit would be $600.

Interview time.  Just brought a pair of Hugo Boss Oxfords, simple and clean, now I need a suit.

You can hit up a Brooks Brothers sale. You can find steals got one for like 70% off.

If you're really willing to spend 800, depending where you're at you can drop a little more and go the bespoke route. My local place suits start at 850.

Back
Top Bottom