Dressing better

Originally Posted by RFX45

Understandable. 
laugh.gif

But dude is like 6'2"-6'3", it would do well to make himself look a bit shorter. He doesn't look ****** short in the pic though.
Wait, what???

Honestly, how the hell do you do quotes so cleanly? I do them in Chrome and it look like crap.
laugh.gif

So bare with me if my outline rebuttal gets confusing.

- Nothing wrong with designer brands, I happen to like them. I don't know why people hate on it so much, yeah price is more expensive but there are stylings that cannot be had with regular mall brands like J Crew or GAP, like the pic in the discussion. Before you say anything, yes designer brands if they want to get that certain look.

- And yeah, Vans are just ugly to me and on me. I agree. Honestly, there is no elitist in my posts, as you can see, i rarely bring my purchases from the designer thread here. Why? Because it is more of my style and I don't want people thinking that you only get the nice looks by paying a lot. I am guilty of posting expensive designer stuff here but mostly to provide examples. I am sure there are a few here who could vouch for me that I have provided some help in acquiring cheaper alternatives to some of the things I post.

- Back to the LV that took cues from chucks, well I am not going to sit here and say it is a bargain to pay for LV, it isn't, LV is a luxury item and to me, that isn't a reasonable purchase but a purchase I can live with and choose to live with. Main differnce between chucks and Punchy outside of the price, quality, look and material. Chucks are classics, it's easy to take cues from it, a rubber captoe on any sneakers can be traced back to chucks, patents can be traced back on XI's. Now, I admit I have said that Jordan doesn't work for what is being advised here, simply because the advice give were to were chinos and khakis and to me, it really just doesn't go. Now with slim jeans, I can see it, heck I've worn my I's and IV's with jeans to almost any Laker and Clipper games I've been to (in case I get called for one of those halftime halfcourt shots or something, a guy can dream can't he?) so I am not against that.

And yes, most of my sneakers are low-profile, it is was I advise to those who would wear chinos and khakis. Now in the context of the pic, well the sneakers work for the look. Like I said, I probably wouldn't be caught wearing it because I prefer slimmer sneakers but in that look, it goes well with it. Now I can see the argument against me if that was me in that pic, but I just simply like it with those clothes. Now if someone wore those KVAs with some khaki and a button up here, I'll tell him it looks like crap. If those KVAs were some $30 Vans and actually looked that good with that fit, my statement will stand. It isn't the price of the shoes, it is the look. If I can find an alternative shoe that looks like Lanvin that has exquisite materials and construction for $50, you can bet on it that I'll buy it. I mean I do have 5-7 JP in my rotation along with my Raf Simons and LV. So the elitist comment kind of blows me away. I often get hated on other forums because I wear Lanvins with Levis & Ben Sherman but I don't care, I love the fit and how it looks. I always tell them F' brand synergy.

- I think you get what I meant by traditional, it is pretty much what this thread if made of. Well fitting clothes without going to the extreme. Slim jeans, not baggy or skin tight. Well fitting button-ups (button-downs), leather shoes and slim, simple sneakers. Same goes for suits, traditional is pretty much what Nii wears, his look is classic, it'll stay for decades. That is more traditional, nothing crazy or over the top.

- I don't see my statements as a cop out, I was just explaining how or why the fit works. It follows the designers intended look with the brands he is wearing. Like I said, you can't buy Sean John and wear it like it is made by J. Crew, it doesn't work like that. You buy Sean John and you wear it baggy. I mean look at Jay Z, he buys Rick Owens and wears it baggy, it doesn't look good because he isn't wearing it the way it was intended to be worn. Now I am not even saying to go full goth in his case but it is a slim fitting jacket, wear it like that, with some slim fitting jeans/pants.

- And yeah, people get a pass because they are brands but not all the time. Diors has a certain look, ask anyone who knows denim, there isn't a pair of denim out there that provides the same look. Those long tees, people find some cheap alternatives that has the same look and use it and some like it. It isn't merely the brand, more of the fashion circle they follow. I am not going to deny that there are people out there that buy for the brand, it is how are society functions but for the most part, it is because there isn't a cheaper alternative. Trust me, the moment H&M jumps on the wagon, it'll be flocking with emo hipsters and goth ninjas.

Quality comes to play as well, I love H&M, it is my go to store but I do not expect my shirts from there to last too long. Some has actually fallen apart already.

I'l give another example because I always get crap about it from watch aficionados. I got a Chanel J12 watch because there isn't a watch that look remotely close to it that is made of ceramic (which cannot be scratched). I always ask them, please provide me with a cheaper or better alternative and no one can come up with one. So it isn't about the designer or the brand, if the style or watch were made by Tissot for $500, I would have bought 2 already.

So really, it isn't always about the brand or price. There are other factors as well.

RFX do they still make these in black? They're like my holy grail, I would never wear them out but they just look so badass.
First check out of college will cop
laugh.gif

tumblr_ljjtu87Sic1qcpaat.jpg

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

Understandable. 
laugh.gif

But dude is like 6'2"-6'3", it would do well to make himself look a bit shorter. He doesn't look ****** short in the pic though.
Wait, what???

Same logic, if you're short, wear clothes that make you look tall.
If you're tall, make yourself look abit short. 

Or are you just making fun of my sentence structure?

roll.gif

I'm no english teacher, I know. 

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa25

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

do they sell the ESF shirts at the brooks brothers outlets?
Can't speak for all of them, but I've been the the BB outlet in Potomac Mills a hand full of times and I have never seen the extra slim shirts.
I've also never seen the ESF shirts at their outlets...

Understandable. 
laugh.gif

Wait, what???

roll.gif

No tall guy is trying to make himself short.  We enjoy being taller.  The only tall guys trying to look shorter are like 7 footers that don't play ball.

Just because the designer intended it to be that way doesn't mean it looks good. I think that fit is terrible and would never be caught dead in it even if I had the same build as that guy. Aside from the jacket that outfit should be thrown in the trash... Personal opinion.

Originally Posted by georgehimself

Wait, what???

roll.gif

No tall guy is trying to make himself short.  We enjoy being taller.  The only tall guys trying to look shorter are like 7 footers that don't play ball.
I wouldn't know but proportionally, you don't want to look like you would tower over people. You want to somewhat even it out, especially if you're tall and skinny.

And yeah, I never said that because the designer intended it to be that way means that it should look good but there is a populace out there that do like it the look. That is all I am trying to convey, to most it may not look good but there is a group of people (growing group) out there that likes the aesthetic and that is why designers like that exist.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

RFX do they still make these in black? They're like my holy grail, I would never wear them out but they just look so badass.
First check out of college will cop
laugh.gif

tumblr_ljjtu87Sic1qcpaat.jpg

I'm not sure, it might come back during the fall/winter season though since it's gotten pretty popular.

Example of the importance of "swag", all of these are fairly simple outfits. Note how minor accessorizing makes the look stand out ten fold.

superette5.jpg

superette2.jpg

superette4.jpg

Originally Posted by aceofjays

Originally Posted by hella handsome

i6Tlzl.jpg

sick.gif
 Swag. My kind of look. This jacket is too fire. 
xekk

laugh.gif
 What movie is this gif from? 
Ok so the shirt isn't my cup of tea either, but the stacks x sneaker combo + the jacket is fire. A simple black V Neck would set this fit off in the illest way. 
pimp.gif

I'm a really slim dude and I'm about 6'1. So a fit like this on me would be pretty dope imo. (of course minus the extra long shirt with the extra wide collar) 

Everyone just needs ToJ in their life!
One thing we can all agree on, that jacket's the ****!

Everyone just needs ToJ in their life!
One thing we can all agree on, that jacket's the ****!
pimp.gif
 Jawnz I was strictly a Varsity fan for a while, but that minimalist double rider has definitely grown on me. 
(although I hope and hope that the Varsity makes a comeback this fall) 

Understandable. 
laugh.gif

Wait, what???

roll.gif

Nothing to do with your English.  Why would anyone who's 6'2" try to make themselves look short?  Just doesn't make any sense at all.

I'm afraid you guys are going to scare away RFX. I appreciate his additions to this thread. He tries to find things right with a fit, while you just hate so hard on whatever you can. I Understand you don't agree, but dude has done so much, at least be civil and polite.

/rant

Wait, what???

roll.gif

Nothing to do with your English.  Why would anyone who's 6'2" try to make themselves look short?  Just doesn't make any sense at all.

Haha. Honestly only a short person would say this lol

Found me a charcoal pinstripe Nordstrom suit at Nordstrom Rack for $100 because it was already altered. someone had shortened the sleeves and hemmed the pants, but it fits me pretty well!

Thoughts on the color and pattern coordination? It's a lilac purple pinstripe shirt. tie is dark purple, and dark gray.  I wanna add a pocket square, but what color and/or pattern? I already have three patterns
laugh.gif
I think white might look best.

AMoLll.jpg
M5DEul.jpg

Wuxjcl.jpg

Can I pull this off with my suit?

3MHY5.png
NYo25.png

Critiques on EVERYTHING please.

Originally Posted by Murray497

I'm afraid you guys are going to scare away RFX. I appreciate his additions to this thread. He tries to find things right with a fit, while you just hate so hard on whatever you can. I Understand you don't agree, but dude has done so much, at least be civil and polite.

/rant

Only reason he wrote all that is because Dior is on the tag of those jeans. He goes to bat for designer names. Just an honest observation and I believe others would concur.

Back to regularly scheduled programming and the relative obscurity of my rss reader. Can't comment from there and maybe that's a good thing.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Found me a charcoal pinstripe Nordstrom suit at Nordstrom Rack for $100 because it was already altered. someone had shortened the sleeves and hemmed the pants, but it fits me pretty well!

Thoughts on the color and pattern coordination? It's a lilac purple pinstripe shirt. tie is dark purple, and dark gray.  I wanna add a pocket square, but what color and/or pattern? I already have three patterns
laugh.gif
I think white might look best.

AMoLll.jpg
M5DEul.jpg

Wuxjcl.jpg

Can I pull this off with my suit?

3MHY5.png
NYo25.png

Critiques on EVERYTHING please.
Generaiya is no expert when it comes to suits, but it looks like the shoulders don't hit you perfectly and the body is too tapered. Generaiya would return the suit.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by Murray497

/rant

Only reason he wrote all that is because Dior is on the tag of those jeans. He goes to bat for designer names. Just an honest observation and I believe others would concur.

Back to regularly scheduled programming and the relative obscurity of my rss reader. Can't comment from there and maybe that's a good thing.

i disagree. he talks about clothing and fashion. its funny yall point out his raves about dior and lanvin, but he also talks about more "affordable" brands. alot of undercover salt being spread here. while my own look can be seen as more americana or prep, i can appreciate the diversity rfx brings ot this thread.

back to the topic. anybody cop the slate blue clarks db from david z? i was thinkin bout coppin the navy or olive ones. but im holding out for the red ones supreme is dropping. before u get started and misquote prices on supreme and overpriced blah blah blah, if u can find me an alternative w the same quality and normal price point lmk

Back
Top Bottom