Dressing better

Totally random question..but you guys think your wardrobe is $5,000 or less? I'm asking because of the show "What Not To Wear" where they get youto throw out your whole rotation for a $5,000 Visa card to redo it.
laugh.gif

I added up my new wardrobe and I'm at around $3,000. Nothing was paid for in retail.
laugh.gif
Probably about $300-400 in tailor fees also.

What Not to Wear isn't really about buying people a new wardrobe its about giving people the skills to know what they look good in and theconfidence to go out and buy those kinds of things. You notice they only come back with a few basic pieces they can incorporate into different outfits becausethey're really supposed to learn how to shop not just where and how much to spend.

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

What Not to Wear isn't really about buying people a new wardrobe its about giving people the skills to know what they look good in and the confidence to go out and buy those kinds of things. You notice they only come back with a few basic pieces they can incorporate into different outfits because they're really supposed to learn how to shop not just where and how much to spend.
Yes, I know the concept of the show. I just didn't want to explain it in its entirety, but rather used it as a reference. I always catchthis show on late night TLC, this or John And Kate Plus 8.

My wardrobe is mediocre in size, but I pay attention to the fine details, ie versatile pieces that fit my body nicely, colors that can be worked into manyoutfits, etc. This is why I take so many visits to the tailor shop. I learned this from my friends who have a crap load of clothes, most of which they neverwear because they don't contour to the body nicely.

Originally Posted by ericescobar

Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

Originally Posted by vietsta4o8

this kid is stylin on 90% of you guys
4309IggyWeb.jpg
anybody know where I could get a shirt similar to the one he's wearing? I've looked in numerous websites with no luck.
nerd.gif
INFO ON THE JEANS AND BLAZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in cabazon (cali) they have 2 polo stores in the same mall the premium spot has them for sure.

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

What Not to Wear isn't really about buying people a new wardrobe its about giving people the skills to know what they look good in and the confidence to go out and buy those kinds of things. You notice they only come back with a few basic pieces they can incorporate into different outfits because they're really supposed to learn how to shop not just where and how much to spend.
Yes, I know the concept of the show. I just didn't want to explain it in its entirety, but rather used it as a reference. I always catchthis show on late night TLC, this or John And Kate Plus 8.

My wardrobe is mediocre in size, but I pay attention to the fine details, ie versatile pieces that fit my body nicely. This is why I take so many visits tothe tailor shop. I learned this from my friends who have a crap load of clothes, most of which they never wear because they don't contour to the bodynicely.

Originally Posted by manamazing55

Originally Posted by manamazing55

i love drivers/loafers but I have to have the kind where the rubber comes up the front of the toe a little or they just get totally scuffed.

Anyone know of any good priced, less than $100 loafers that are leather or suede that have the tie on them?

something similar to these

[img]http://images.colehaan.com//is...pha&defaultImage=ColeHaanEComm/SEARCH_A[/img]
just asking again. I saw a guy with suede gray ones this weekend that looked really good.

If these are Cole Haan I copped these From macys for less that 50 and they should be having another sale for memorial day they also sell these and similarstyles by Cole Haan at Dsw

Originally Posted by MHT214

Originally Posted by nealraj006

For Father's Day, I want to get my dad a nice pair of professional looking shoes. Does anyone have any suggestions? He's a doctor and he's always on his feet. I'm not too sure if there are any "comfortable" shoes that would suit this category, but I figured that you guys might know of any quality shoes.

Thanks
http://www.dextershoe.com/

Back in the 90's you could find this brand in high end retailers, today you find it at payless
eek.gif
. Eitherway, thier quality and comfort has not declined. I promise you, you get him a pair of these, and they will literally last him 10yrs + even if he wore then everyday.

But hey, if your ballin a bit:

http://www.johnstonmurphy.com/product.aspx?c=686&pid=49923

Thanks
The Jonston & Murphy's are out of my price range though. Are there any shoes that you would recommend for under $100?

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Originally Posted by vietsta4o8

this kid is stylin on 90% of you guys
4309IggyWeb.jpg
anybody know where I could get a shirt similar to the one he's wearing? I've looked in numerous websites with no luck.
nerd.gif
INFO ON THE JEANS AND BLAZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in cabazon (cali) they have 2 polo stores in the same mall the premium spot has them for sure.
how sould you guys classify these kind of jeans? can i find a pair from any other brand? i'm really liking this look, someone already foundthe shirt, i need the jeans!

Picked up some jack purcells today. I orignally wanted to get some low white chucks but I got these instead. I liked how they look. Anyone got info on them?
What kind of info do you want? They're just regular Jackie's that you can buy from Macy's, Urban Outfitter, etc. Converse hasseveral styles of Jackie's out, from what you posted to some plaid looking Chucks. Not a bad pick up, I bought 3 pairs for ~$15 a pair from Macy'sabout a month or so ago. Cushion is better than regular Chucks.

Originally Posted by Yan Can Cook

anyone know where i can buy some cheap sperrys online?
sperrys are already cheap my dude...
laugh.gif
they're usually like 60 bucks at Macy's or Dillards... I copped two pair
from Jcpenny awhile ago for 100 flat...

I just ordered my first pair of Desert Boots in the Beeswax colorway from village shoes. Got 5% off with code: coup5 . They came out to $85.49 with freeshipping.

Why would you need special boots for driving? What are you driving? And this is dressing better if you are using them for driving then buy whatever is suitablefor what you are doing, and price wise do some research for yourself.

Originally Posted by ChrisShouraisei

Why would you need special boots for driving? What are you driving? And this is dressing better if you are using them for driving then buy whatever is suitable for what you are doing, and price wise do some research for yourself.
Driving shoe is a style, just like how boat shoe is one.

We're not talking about Niketalkers who don't want to crease their $300 Nike's and put on a beater pair to drive.
laugh.gif

Does anyone know where I can get a belt like (Nubuck Suede) this at a reasonable price? Johnston and Murphy has it for $70, but I don't want to spend thatmuch $$$.

1_65229_FS.JPG

Why would you need special boots for driving? What are you driving? And this is dressing better if you are using them for driving then buy whatever is suitable for what you are doing, and price wise do some research for yourself.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

why would one comment on something they clearly know nothing about?

eek.gif
laugh.gif

...you mad?

-waystinthyme

Back
Top Bottom