Dressing better

Originally Posted by RFX45

^ ^ ^
Camel

Boss Tweeds
In your father's day, tweed suits were thicker than carpeting and itchier than straw, and no one was happy. Those sad days are over. Actor James Marsden walks the dockside streets of Red Hook, Brooklyn, in a new breed of killer tweed

james-marsden-02.jpg
BAWSE

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

Originally Posted by retroflashbacks

Originally Posted by tonton32

does anyone know where i can find some decently/cheap priced drivers in NYC? 

it was easy to find the type that i like in asia and europe but i cant for the life of me find nice ones in NYC for some reason, here are some examples...
Check century 21. I picked up a few pairs by Tommy Hilfiger a few weeks ago for $45 a pop.

Picked up a pair of red suede, navy suede, and brown leather.
Can you tell me what the model name (and if you have a pic) is of the red suede TH driving shoes/loafers you got?
I had gotten a pair of Lacoste Concours but I wasn't too thrilled with them and they weren't comfortable.

TINY pic but it's all I could find, seems like they're sold out at this point:

lacoste-zappos-casual-shoes-concours.jpg

I've been searching hard for a pair of red loafers, those seemed like they would have fit what I needed. I grabbed these but they aren't quite red enough so I don't know if I'm keeping them or not.

6083720505_c9618060c5.jpg

Originally Posted by frenchswagg

Originally Posted by MuslimShady

Originally Posted by frenchswagg

hi guys i have a wedding this saturday and i just get this nice dark blue suit but i dont really know what color to wear for the combo shirt tie shoes...any idea would be greatly appreciated thx
Give us some details on the wedding.  Location, time of day, etc. Off the top of my head: A light pink shirt with a grey tie could look great. Also, you can spruce up the look by wearing brown shoes rather than the typical black (just make sure your belt coordinates with that). What you really want to nail is the fit though. Even the most aesthetically pleasing shirt/tie combo would be ruined if the sizing is off. Department stores like Macy's have shirt/tie combos which most likely won't give a great fit but you can get some ideas of what looks good with your particular suit. Here's a link to a GQ summer wedding guide.

http://www.gq.com/style/w...er-wedding-style#slide=1
thx a lot for the answer concerning the suit its slim fitted dark blue the wedding im only going to the late diner/afterparty during the evening it's gonna be in downtown Paris and i was thinking about a dark blue shirt with a black tie and black shoes simple but classy i think...or maybe not lol 
laugh.gif
I wouldn't wear that combination. You'll look like a sunburnt Smurf. My recommendation would be a crisp white shirt with a nice slim grey plaid tie.

Originally Posted by So Slickening

^ I saw that site, but I was looking around for a more general source, cause I know she's the the ONLY one that makes those kinds of sweatpants. Check out my post edit. They have to be somewhere.

Here's another picture:

253885_134592509948971_100001946696131_236935_5864068_n.jpg

laugh.gif
@ some of the guys in the pic.
Topman carries these sweatpants, check their web shop.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

What's a better color for a DB trench-coat?

The OG khaki or a dark navy blue?
I disagree with RFX on this one. Both khaki and navy blue are more classic/versatile than true camel (how many brands even make camel trench coats?). Camel should be reserved for an overcoat. Regarding your question, you can't go wrong with either, but I'd go with the navy for your first trench.

any info on this shirt? i know its not the right thread for it, but getting nowhere trying to find any info on it.

ps. picked up these nike toki x steven alans in the front row, all 3 colors and not sure what kind of pants/colors to wear em with.

lol first pair of non sneakers/full dress shoes ive bought so lost at this.

Went into H&M & saw this Varsity Jacket everyone's been talking about. Last one left in the store so said $+*! it. Planning on taking the M off...VERY nice fit. Just my style:

mail

Anybody else in corporate america notice that traditional spread collars are getting phased out?

I swear everyone is doing cutaway collars now.

Point=>Spread=> Cutaway =>??? %#+! just keeps getting wider and wider lol.
BTW for those of you looking for suits, I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU GO THE BESPOKE ROUTE.

If you're in NYC or plan to take a trip there, you can find a lot of bespoke suits for under $600.

Fit>

Originally Posted by That Kid Daniel

any dope brands at Nordstroms? I have a 20% discount there and I decided I should take advantage.
pimp.gif

they have nudies, naked and famous if youre into selvedge and premium denim, they also have great work/dressier lines like hugo boss, john varvatos, canali, zegna, and armani. suits are pretty nice too. calibrate and 1901 are private labels and make some more affordable modern clothes. 

enjoy the discount. the anniversary sale is when to take advantage. its all the fall product marked down plus your discount 
pimp.gif

btw whats a good combination (shirt, shoes) to wear with grey chinos? 

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by prestigeworldwidex21

Colonial Goods 2011
i think thats actually the Armory - great menswear store in Hong Kong
http://www.thearmouryhk.com/
For the Grown Man who has Grown Man pockets.

Their clothes are nice and all but
roll.gif
 @ anyone who would pay the money for their merchandise. 
Also 
indifferent.gif
 to anyone who wears dress shirts or flannels buttoned all the way up with no tie. Like come on....

Back
Top Bottom