Dressing better

I'll let you rent one for $10 bucks.
laugh.gif

That's weird the 511's don't fit you WJ4.

I tried them on this weekend and I liked them a lot. If I would've known about them earlier, I wouldn't of spent so much on other jeans.

I usually wear john varvatos USA's, diesel vikers, or ben sherman ramones.

Originally Posted by Numberr97

yo rfx where did you find those jp highs? i neeeeeeed them in that color, help please!

I got them from Gilt when they had the Converse sale a week ago.
It is still available at Nordstrom.com though.

that Gilt article really blew things up. They took off their affiliate links from styleforum & there's no previews for upcoming sales & next week sale schedule looks barren. I also don't think its a big deal, consumers need to sharpen up and learn cost is what you pay, value is what you get.

Just ordered some Cole Haan sunglasses from Gilt today. They were the tortoise colored rectangular sunglasses.

I figured there's no point in shelling out ~$150 for sunglasses anymore when I have a history of losing them.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

that Gilt article really blew things up. They took off their affiliate links from styleforum & there's no previews for upcoming sales & next week sale schedule looks barren. I also don't think its a big deal, consumers need to sharpen up and learn cost is what you pay, value is what you get.

Yeah, they were even deleting any threads containing Gilt discussions at SF too. I haven't really had much complaint about Gilt, I've been happy with their products and the ones I didn't like, I just returned, no questions asked. I don't understand why people didn't just do that if they were satisfied. I even heard people getting refunds of their money (not just credit) if they receive the wrong size or the item wasn't described well. I think people just got a bit too sensitive, just do what I do and just buy what they have seen in the stores. Like the Vince sale yesterday, everything they sold were available in store so none of them were items made for the outlets or Gilt.

hmmm so less people using Gilt now? good, know I have a chance of getting something. right in time cause Billy Reid is tomorrow
happy.gif

894664706db00f48b489d23d24c440c3_large.jpg

anyone know where I can find a duffle coat similar to this? BR is looking like my best bet. I'm trying to go under 200 though

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

RFX, where can I find Levis 514 Trousers? I can only find the 511, and they fit too tight for me, my legs are too big for em.
Also, if not 514, any slim fit pants with a preferable taper on the bottom. Something that fits like APC New Standards.
Thanks

RFX, where can I find Levis 514 Trousers? I can only find the 511, and they fit too tight for me, my legs are too big for em.
Also, if not 514, any slim fit pants with a preferable taper on the bottom. Something that fits like APC New Standards.
Thanks
Sorry, missed that post. I don't have any APCs so I have no idea how it fits, just wanted to get that out of the way.
As for 514 trousers, they had several a few seasons ago, maybe a year ago, when it was becoming more famous.
Now, it seems like 511s has taken that load and are getting most of the trouser versions. 

I haven't found 514 trousers in a while but UO has these 514 twills, which is pretty much very similar to Levis' trousers (if not exactly the same).

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urba...roduct=true&parentid=SEARCH+RESULTS&color=020

After trying on multiple pairs, i have to agree

sizing up on 511s > 514s

just need to alter the length

would anyone recommend

throwing them in the dryer for a few minutes or getting them hemmed

Or just get a shorter inseam.
Levis, on smaller sizes, actually has inseam down to 28.
I wouldn't recommend shortening it in the dryer, because it isn't guaranteed how much it would shrink.

Can anyone tell me the quality of Zara clothing, shoes specifically. I like a lot of the designs of their footwear, but I want to know how well they hold up. Anyone have an experience/shed some light on them.

niidawg I'm starting to pay more attention to the width of lapel on suits/blazers,
what's the recommended width for a timeless lapel?
the slim lapel is too trendy for me, dudes working in Zara all looked like Madonna backup dancers

I know the question isn't directed to me but I think 2.5"-3" lapel will stay pretty consistent in the future.
The shorter lapel will soon die down and I don't think the huge lapel like Tom Ford is trying to accomplish will fully reach fruition.
I think the 2.5"-3" will be the standard and will not go out of style.

Thats just me though.

Originally Posted by RFX45

I know the question isn't directed to me but I think 2.5"-3" lapel will stay pretty consistent in the future.
The shorter lapel will soon die down and I don't think the huge lapel like Tom Ford is trying to accomplish will fully reach fruition.
I think the 2.5"-3" will be the standard and will not go out of style.

Thats just me though.

Nacho; the classic width is 3.5". 3 will pass as classic forever. It starts getting skinny from 2.5 and below. Some of the Zara and H&M stuff are just ridiculous.

I like the fact that Pierce Brosnan didnt allow GQ to throw him into those ridiculously skinny lapels

I don't think 2.5" is skinny though, I think it looks pretty good and just the right width for a conservative cut.
At this point, 3" is the most I'd go but that's personal taste.

P1020662.JPG

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

does the Uniqlo store online ship to U.S? and how yall do the price conversions?
or is there an online store for U.S? i only see U.K??

also why the only Uniqlo store in the U.S got to be in NY
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom