Dressing better

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by RFX45

Easter Sunday....
282kdw5.jpg
a-ok, I would have went without a belt, makes me look taller as it doesn't slice me in half
I got some seersucker pants, those navy shoes would be perfect, may get them next week.

Can you get a polo tailored to fit better?

I have this polo I got as a gift and cant take it back...

Its a small but it could fit alot better...

Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

You can get anything tailored to fit better. In my limited experience having polos tailored, it seems like a tougher job than dress shirts for some tailors, I assume because of the stretchiness of the fabric, but it's definitely something that a good tailor should be able to do. One of the dudes that writes for GQ regularly has his t-shirts and gym shorts tailored. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Stack Bundless

Originally Posted by quik1987

can someone please recommend me a simple tiebar? I really don't know what to look for so I think I'm gonna buy one without any details to it, just silver, small and very low key. It's for a semi skinny knit tie btw

http://www.thetiebar.com/categoryPages/Tiebars.asp

thanks for the link, but they didn't have one that I liked, but the price tag was good, thanks again

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

can someone please recommend me a simple tiebar? I really don't know what to look for so I think I'm gonna buy one without any details to it, just silver, small and very low key. It's for a semi skinny knit tie btw
tiffany-plain-tie-bar.jpg

http://www.tiffany.com/Sh...6768&search_param=sp�c+28818w-r+-x+-nri+-nit

man this one is perfect but the price tag is to much for me right now, but I now have some kind of reference point, good looking out.

Originally Posted by wj4

I caved in and bought that Gap Baracuda jacket.  It fits really good for me and have worn it 3 times already.

Some of the pics on lookbook.nu are really good.  Damn, I want to take pics like that...but most of the folks I know aren't that into fashion. 
laugh.gif

I'm still not sure if I should buy it, could you post a couple of pictures?

Sorry for the huge quote, but check Ebay.  I got a tiebar IDENTICAL to that one in grey and one in gold--both for $8 shipped.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

You can get anything tailored to fit better. In my limited experience having polos tailored, it seems like a tougher job than dress shirts for some tailors, I assume because of the stretchiness of the fabric, but it's definitely something that a good tailor should be able to do. One of the dudes that writes for GQ regularly has his t-shirts and gym shorts tailored. 
laugh.gif

Thanks... I like the polo its just cut big...

Got it as a gift and I dont have the receipt....

Anyone know a good website for ordering DB's and shipping to Canada? I bought a pair a year or so back and they are beat to death. But now I am unwilling to pay full Canadian price they have over here.... (comes out to like 130 at the stores with the most selection).

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

rfx with the double post 
smh.gif

smh.gif

smh.gif

laugh.gif

tongue.gif

Originally Posted by cor23ey

RFX gettin cocky!!! 
laugh.gif
 Damn Yuku. I posted it once and then it didn't load so I post it again and still nothing. So I decided to sleep on it and I wake up this morning and there was two post. 
embarassed.gif

Was I the only one having problems with Yuku last night?

Easter Sunday....

Got the grey bucks from Nordstrom too.
man I was just looking at both of those are they the 1901 or whatever they're called.
how do they fit, are they comfortable enough to do a lot of walking in?
Very comfortable, trust me. The insole is extra padded so it's literally like walking on a pillow. Sole is rubber too so that gives an extra cushioning when walking or standing.

Originally Posted by donjuan513

Something seems off about the Easter fit RF, I can't really put a finger on what it is exactly.
Maybe it's the no break/high water pants? That kind of bugged me when I saw it in the pic but I like it when worn and it's not as high waters as it looks in the pic.

Or maybe the striped shirt? It kind of hurts my eyes in the pic. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

Easter Sunday....

a-ok, I would have went without a belt, makes me look taller as it doesn't slice me in half
I actually like the belt, it gives the look a break in the middle but it's a personal preference.

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Driving Cap (Target)[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Ray-Ban aviator[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]J.Crew button-down[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Martin+Osa Anorak[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]J.Crew Selvedge[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]J.Crew x Sperry[/color]

The roll up look doesn't look bad at all.

Nice layering pinoyballer, somewhat sloppy but I think that might be the look you are looking for so it works.

maybe the most casual i've seen from you nii
pimp.gif

and as for the rolling up the pants, i think it's alright with boat shoes...other shoes tho...idk, i don't see the purpose that much.

Okay here goes nothing
This is what im going to wear to present my final paper for grad school, any feedback would be great

14xce8y.jpg

1129xl5.jpg

Shirt- Andy warhol X levis
Belt- LV
Pants- Kenneth Koles
Shoes- Hugo Boss

Funny you say that Nii because it is a freezing 55 degrees (and very windy) in SoCal this morning.
Yes 55 degrees is freezing here.
laugh.gif

Supreme, it's hard to see from the pic (can't see the second pic either) but it looks pretty good.
Do you have a coat to wear over the shirt though? I think it would look so much better with a sportcoat or blazer.

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Okay here goes nothing
This is what im going to wear to present my final paper for grad school, any feedback would be great

1129xl5.jpg

Shirt- Andy warhol X levis
Belt- LV
Pants- Kenneth Koles
Shoes- Hugo Boss

I think it loos really well put together. I recommend getting some collar stays, so that your shirt collar sits either straight or curves outward to form a smooth shape.

Good luck with that presentation.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

if anybody is in the market for a black pea coat, they have em on clearance at Heritage 1981 (21Men now) for $24.99
eek.gif

wool fabric, maybe wool blend idk, but it's a steal for that price.

good lookin fam. hopefully i can fit them, i'm pretty tall and Heritage clothes are a little on the small size

Thanks

niidawg3- ill try to get some collar stays tomorrow
RFX45- I want to wear a blazer but my arms wont fit in any off the rack blazers

where do you buy collar stays anyway? never even looked or thought about where you can buy them...

Any department stores should carry collar stays (Macys, Nordstrom, Saks, etc...). You can usually find them by the ties and cuff links or just ask. They are relatively cheap too, or should be. Stores like Banana Republic and Express should sell some as well.

Supreme, if a blazer isn't an option, I think a v-neck sweater might suffice. A shirt and tie alone looks somewhat under dressed for a presentation in college, maybe it's just me?
I mean there isn't anything wrong with it, it just seems off to me and would add another layer if possible.

RFX45 wrote:

Supreme, if a blazer isn't an option, I think a v-neck sweater might suffice. A shirt and tie alone looks somewhat under dressed for a presentation in college, maybe it's just me?
I mean there isn't anything wrong with it, it just seems off to me and would add another layer if possible.
at the graduate level like he is in, i'd say yes, throw on another layer...undergrad presentations, i think you're fine with a shirt and tie.

RFX45, how are you tucking your shirts in from the back? Are your shirts super tailored/fitted ore are you pulling them back when you tuck. I only ask because i want to prevent getting that puff in back where i tuck my shirts, especially because im skinny and wear skinny or slim fit pants and it looks real funny to me

Back
Top Bottom