Dressing better

^^ that's actually a pretty decent prom suit man. Much better than the suits I've seen alot of people posting as their prom pics.

I don't know about the size though. The jacket arms seems strange..

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

I thought Bushacres had 3 eyelets as opposed to 2 in regular DB's?

thats wat i thought too, cuz i remember seeing the bushacres beeswax at nordstrom rack with 3 eyelets

Originally Posted by Mr Oizo

33o6u1l.png

Prom. Heels making me look even shorter 
ohwell.gif
Nice fit 
pimp.gif

has anyone tried the Polo "Slim GI Fit" pants?  I found these chinos on sale at Dillards for $32 and they fit freakin awesome!

I recently bought 2 gingham Brooks Brothers button-ups for
14 bucks total at a thrift store.

I took them to a tailor to get them taken in, let's see how they turn out.

Whats up NT-- looking for some big help as far as suits/dress clothes go. I'm interning at a law firm in Florida this summer, so I'm looking to pick up 2-3 suits to add to my wardrobe. Looking for slim/modern fit suits that are pretty versatile. I'm about 6'1, 200lbs, and usually fit a 42R. Any and all affordable suggestions are welcomed. I've been considering grabbing a suit or 2 from Uniqlo, or HnM to start out my modern fit professional look. Let me know what you all think.

Originally Posted by moorevisual

has anyone tried the Polo "Slim GI Fit" pants?  I found these chinos on sale at Dillards for $32 and they fit freakin awesome!

excuse the dirty mirror...

Did you get your size? the fit in the hip area looks odd.

Can someone please tell me where I can find slim fit brown corduroys? Countless store checks and online checks have produced nothing. They're all too baggy or terrible fitting.

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

Can someone please tell me where I can find slim fit brown corduroys? Countless store checks and online checks have produced nothing. They're all too baggy or terrible fitting.
Levis 511 corduroys.  Macy's stores have had them on sale for $14.99 for a month or so now, you may be able to have them locate some in another store if yours is out.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

HAHA! here's a better shot

By putting your right foot forward still doesn't hide the fact that the chinos are big in the hips. The original picture of you standing with your feet even shows that either you bought a size too big, or they're just simply cut too big in the hips causing a disproportion between the tapering towards the bottom and the excess material up top. Sorry to be a downer, mate.

Originally Posted by collingspark

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

By putting your right foot forward still doesn't hide the fact that the chinos are big in the hips. The original picture of you standing with your feet even shows that either you bought a size too big, or they're just simply cut too big in the hips causing a disproportion between the tapering towards the bottom and the excess material up top. Sorry to be a downer, mate.

Yeah. Real talk, are those pants your size bro? you finna have to get them tailored in order to correct oversized waist and thigh area.

I thrifted a Brooks Brothers suit today (beautiful condition still!) for $7! It's a 46L and way too big for me, but still I'm pretty proud of the pickup.

I also found a Lanvin tie and a Canali tie.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Yeah. Real talk, are those pants your size bro? you finna have to get them tailored in order to correct oversized waist and thigh area.

I have these pants they have taper a lot compared to to the waist and thigh area.  which is perfect for me because I have a bigger waist + thighs

Originally Posted by Mr Oizo

Originally Posted by RFX45

Buchares? I'm not sure but there was also the beeswax version there and those are definitely DBs.

You can't put new soles DBs since they aren't welted.
Youc an't even topy them because the glue won't stick/hold on to the crepe sole surface or it'll simply melt it.

nerd.gif

tumblr_lkaskvlUj51qea6wro1_500.jpg
i hate vibram soles

6dGte.jpg

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

I have these pants they have taper a lot compared to to the waist and thigh area.  which is perfect for me because I have a bigger waist + thighs
And in your situation, it's perfect. But for moorevisual, you can tell that his thighs and hips are being swallowed by his chinos.
I'm not sure if you have a tailor you go to moorevisual, but I would highly recommend taking them to one and having them taken in only if they truly fit your waist. If not, return them and size down.

Man I couldn't find the grey/blue suede Tokis anywhere online. 
I might get these instead. Anyone own these? 

moctan426112500.jpg

xl_moctan426111500.jpg

In my hometown apartment shopping and celebrating the 50th b-day of my girls mom.

5724605255_f51de984a9.jpg

Stayed at the Embassy Suites; lovin the view.

5725051788_8667ddc4f2.jpg

5724505607_41bd0cc648.jpg

Had this unconstructed jacket altered before the trip and I love it. It's nice to have a thin jacket for S/S. An added bonus is that it's double vented. 

5724511761_afd9d251c0.jpg

5724523037_777616f402.jpg

Wore this to dinner. I got my first shoe shine beforehand and as you can see, they were glistening 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom