Dressing better

The American players probably didn't want to wear suits.  Remember when a team visited the white house in shorts and flip flops (I think it was a women's college team) ?  
laugh.gif
  You shouldn't expect much from athletes.
The athletes at my college would wear nothing but sweats, shorts, sandals.  I don't even think they owned any pants.

Originally Posted by RFX45

No show socks can be found in other stores like Payless or Nordstrom.

And where is your avy from? I think I've seen it before but I can't quite remember from where.
thanks for the info rfx. to tell you the truth, i really don't know where my avy is from, i got it from another forum
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

tumblr_l33ltxKY831qa2j8c.jpg

embarrassment to the world, puddles of khaki fabric to meet 2 of the most famous U.S. presidents
That's American comfort baby. We didn't win world war 2 to wear nuthuggers.

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

embarrassment to the world, puddles of khaki fabric to meet 2 of the most famous U.S. presidents
That's American comfort baby. We didn't win world war 2 to wear nuthuggers.

Hahaha. But yeah I'm sure it has to do with the budget tho

As a short guy at 5'6...

Would you say a good rule of thumb for hemming pants would be no break? I just fear that the back would be hemmed up too high almost looking like parade marching pants.

Should I ask for an altered hem? High in the front and low towards the back?

Originally Posted by TheAbove

As a short guy at 5'6...

Would you say a good rule of thumb for hemming pants would be no break? I just fear that the back would be hemmed up too high almost looking like parade marching pants.

I think it depends on how full the pant legs are.  I wouldn't recommend no break if it's your only suit, slight puddles like the potus's might be better for daily wear. Is this what you're going for?  

Edit: courtesy of SF

Originally Posted by TheAbove

As a short guy at 5'6...

have the tailor pin it with no break and see how it looks.  then see how it looks with a slight break.  try sitting down with both types of hem and judge for yourself on how comfortable you are or walk a few steps to see how the pants move.  i wouldn't get an slanted hem, it doesn't look right.  it's true that having no break will give a slight illusion of being taller (cuffs are usually reserved for a taller stature).  but as the above poster mentioned, the width of the leg also plays a factor.  slim and no break for a shorter man is a good way to go.

xavier-samuel06.jpg

Suit, $89, by Uniqlo. Shirt, $125, by Gant Rugger. Tie, $60, by J.Crew. Shoes, $395, Florsheim by Duckie Brown. Sunglasses by Ray-Ban. Bandanna (as pocket square) from Kaufman's Army & Navy.

summer-suit-uniqlo.jpg

Uniqlo
Suit, $89. 

can anyone vouch the quality for this Uniqlo suit?  $89 is ridiculously cheap.  i hear mixed reviews in this thread about the overall quality of Uniqlo items.  is it a cotton-poly blend?  rough seams/poorly constructed that leads to it's low price?   target merona suits are more expensive than this.

I hem all my pants to have no break, but they're also tapered so that there's very little loose fabric near my ankle. I think if you go for a no break hem, and the pants aren't tpered, it will look odd.

laugh.gif
my mom always said American people dress sloppy
laugh.gif
during a world class event....

Originally Posted by artysm

xavier-samuel06.jpg

Suit, $89, by Uniqlo. Shirt, $125, by Gant Rugger. Tie, $60, by J.Crew. Shoes, $395, Florsheim by Duckie Brown. Sunglasses by Ray-Ban. Bandanna (as pocket square) from Kaufman's Army & Navy.

summer-suit-uniqlo.jpg

Uniqlo
Suit, $89. 

can anyone vouch the quality for this Uniqlo suit?  $89 is ridiculously cheap.  i hear mixed reviews in this thread about the overall quality of Uniqlo items.  is it a cotton-poly blend?  rough seams/poorly constructed that leads to it's low price?   target merona suits are more expensive than this.

It shouldn't be too bad.. but remember most of these suits would probably we altered by the tailor to get the best fit possible.

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

World Class event?

I think not.

indifferent.gif

Hmmm since when hasn't the World Cup been a World class event?
Maybe to Americans its whatever but to the rest of the world its kind of a big deal!

Originally Posted by 604baller

I'm close to picking these Alden Indy boots up.. does anyone here own a pair? feedback?
gear_indyboots1.jpg
i don't own a pair but from what I hear on SF, they are nice...I've seen ppl rocking those boots, they look really nice too.

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

World Class event?

I think not.

indifferent.gif

Hmmm since when hasn't the World Cup been a World class event?
Maybe to Americans its whatever but to the rest of the world its kind of a big deal!
I'm obviously referring to the photo opportunity.

Team USA's not taking the field in khaki...

Back
Top Bottom