Drunk Driving Vol. Please don't do it.

The drunk driving debate is such a regional on.

The 'booze cruise' or 'gravel travel' is huge here. Hell, we allowed to drink while we driving out here. Mo >>>

RIP to the lives lost.

Sometimes I feel like the states should implement a zero tolerance policy for BAC. The fact we're allowed to have .08, only encourages people to "just have one more" and get behind the wheel. My friends dad is an amazing attorney who specializes in DUI cases and he always emphasized that the only reason we have a max BAC limit is because of the immense amounts of revenue that can be generated through DUIs. Many countries have a zero tolerance policy to completely discourage people from drinking and driving in the first place.

not to thread hi jack, but would ya'll feel the same way if dude was texting and driving? I feel like texting and driving is much more dangerous than drinking and driving

Texting and driving is not more dangerous than drunk driving

>D
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/05...ore-teens-annually-than-drinking-and-driving/

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/8...us-than-drugs-alcohol-while-driving-study.htm

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/texting-while-driving-worse-than-drunk-driving1.htm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...driving-slows-reaction-times-drink-drugs.html

http://www2.potsdam.edu/alcohol/fil...us-than-Driving-while-Drunk.html#.VAiMBPlig1o

Man. Please don't do it.

Lost one my bestfriends' little brother and his girlfriend in 2011.

Drunk driver was literally driving high speeds (for several miles) on the opposite side of the freeway, onto oncoming traffic. My friends had NO chance.

Link to the article

This WAS a Scion xB.

View media item 1166005

damn honestly sad to here. Esp dying by being burned alive. 
tired.gif

im not a drinker at all but you never know when someone else on the road was drinking.

My mother hit by a drunk driver and was on life support, my father eventually took her off it... That was in 1984, in was only 8yrs old, to this I will drink when I go out..

Pavinder Claire's and Jaclyn's funerals are today. Please keep there families and friends in your thoughts and prayers.

God Bless.

R.I.P to the victims and all but

Hell no man. lmao a YEAR for driving drunk because of the POSSIBILITY of causing harm? Naw you can have that fantasy.

Having Been throuh it, the punishment for a firt time offense is NOT light, is very stressful and EXPENSIVE...took me 2 years to get my life back on track with how much I depended on driving...not to mention 2 months to get my car back from the pound, a brand new car I had just financed, cost me about 3k just to get the car back and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

With the emergence of Uber and Lyft, I have no idea why people even consider driving when going out at night. They're so much cheaper than cabs too.I can't remember the last time I used my car for anything other than commuting to work or going out of town.

Last edited:
With the emergence of Uber and Lyft, I have no idea why people even consider driving when going out at night. They're so much cheaper than cabs too.I can't remember the last time I used my car for anything other than commuting to work or going out of town.
uber and left are generally only happening in certain cities, as far as i know...

R.I.P to the victims and all but

Hell no man. lmao a YEAR for driving drunk because of the POSSIBILITY of causing harm? Naw you can have that fantasy.
Having Been throuh it, the punishment for a firt time offense is NOT light, is very stressful and EXPENSIVE...took me 2 years to get my life back on track with how much I depended on driving...not to mention 2 months to get my car back from the pound, a brand new car I had just financed, cost me about 3k just to get the car back and that's just the tip of the iceberg.
But you could have killed someone while getting in the car after drinking.

I don't give a damn how expensive it was. My uncle has a dui, told him the same thing, you deserve to have your license revoked. Wish it was even more expensive for you, and my uncle.

It's just utter stupidity putting innocent lives in danger.

I don't give a damn how expensive it was. My uncle has a dui, told him the same thing, you deserve to have your license revoked. Wish it was even more expensive for you, and my uncle.

Bruh I understand you are upset and majority of your posts come not so much from a logical POV but from a very emotional one and I get it.

I understand what could have happened, I was also about 22-23 years old, I made a mistake and I paid the price, liscence qas revoked for 6 months, I had to take 3 classes a week for addiction 40$ each time for 3 months, court fees, a huge stain in my driving record, couldn't get insurance up until recently because that was on my record for at least 10 years....you telling me that wasn't harsh enough is laughable as I didn't kill or hurt anyone, you are judging me based on "what could have happened" which is silly.

If you kill or hurt anyone while intoxicated you are getting smacked with vehicular manslaughter no matter if it's your first or 20th offense..

Sadly, most people don't learn from getting caught once. I guess that's because you have to be an idiot to get one in the first place.

BAL should play a huge roll on the severity of punishment...if you went on to drop a friend at the train station after 1 beer you shouldn't get more than a ticket...your senses don't go out the window over 1 beer, but depending on what type of a cop stops you, that 1 beer can very well turn your life upside down.

I get the feeling there is ALOT of hypocrisy going on in this thread....I wonder who can be man enough to admit they've drank and driven before...yes that means drank a beer or wine cooler and got behind a wheel.

Bakersfield wasn't too far from where I was born..sad stuff, don't drink and drive..don't text and drive it can all wait. Not worth it for everyone involved.

Bruh I understand you are upset and majority of your posts come not so much from a logical POV but from a very emotional one and I get it.

I understand what could have happened, I was also about 22-23 years old, I made a mistake and I paid the price, liscence qas revoked for 6 months, I had to take 3 classes a week for addiction 40$ each time for 3 months, court fees, a huge stain in my driving record, couldn't get insurance up until recently because that was on my record for at least 10 years....you telling me that wasn't harsh enough is laughable as I didn't kill or hurt anyone, you are judging me based on "what could have happened" which is silly.

If you kill or hurt anyone while intoxicated you are getting smacked with vehicular manslaughter no matter if it's your first or 20th offense..
It's not though.

It isn't your right to drive, its a privilege.

Driving is dangerous as it is, now we got weak *** penalty's and it's obviously not enough to stop the drinking and driving. I stand by my views. Whether they be from an emotional side or not. 

BAL should play a huge roll on the severity of punishment...if you went on to drop a friend at the train station after 1 beer you shouldn't get more than a ticket...your senses don't go out the window over 1 beer, but depending on what type of a cop stops you, that 1 beer can very well turn your life upside down.
I agree with this, but to me even .08 is being lenient. Obviously one beer isn't doing the damage, but people getting blacked out drunk and getting behind a car. Nope. I stand by my views. 

This isn't the first acquaintance of mine to be killed from a dui accident, but it is the first to hit me right in the heart. Probably because of my girl being close with her but still.

Really sad ****, caught a DUI when I was 23...I used to drive blacked out with no regards for anyone, tht experience taught me and opened my eyes that I was given a second chance, more than 10 years lAter I'm still very hesitant to put ANY alcohol in my system and driving...do I do it? Yes...unfortunately situations happen and I chose to drive but with no more than 1 drink in my system and after lots of water....with that said, if I ever get caught I'm well aware of what deserve because there should be 0 tolerance.

On the defensive end I advice everyone to get a big car, because you may be doing right minding your own biz and some irresponsible **** can just easily kill you while he's drunk...better to be protected in an SUV and let some **** clip you...his car will be toast, unless he's in a bigger one.

Idiotic. There needs to be something to prevent people like you from doing this in the first place, then "learning" once you get caught.

Really sad ****, caught a DUI when I was 23...I used to drive blacked out with no regards for anyone, tht experience taught me and opened my eyes that I was given a second chance, more than 10 years lAter I'm still very hesitant to put ANY alcohol in my system and driving...do I do it? Yes...unfortunately situations happen and I chose to drive but with no more than 1 drink in my system and after lots of water....with that said, if I ever get caught I'm well aware of what deserve because there should be 0 tolerance.

On the defensive end I advice everyone to get a big car, because you may be doing right minding your own biz and some irresponsible **** can just easily kill you while he's drunk...better to be protected in an SUV and let some **** clip you...his car will be toast, unless he's in a bigger one.
Idiotic. There needs to be something to prevent people like you from doing this in the first place, then "learning" once you get caught.
It coulda been him who killed two innocent people. I mean boohoo you had to pay money for your car and 12 step program.

Guess what?

there are parents who's kids are dead because of drinking and driving, texting and driving, drowsy driving.

They would pay any sum of money to see there kids again just ONCE.

so **** your wallet and how much you had to pay.

Last edited:
I agree with this, but to me even .08 is being lenient. Obviously one beer isn't doing the damage, but people getting blacked out drunk and getting behind a car. Nope. I stand by my views. 

This isn't the first acquaintance of mine to be killed from a dui accident, but it is the first to hit me right in the heart. Probably because of my girl being close with her but still.

I'm not trying to change your views, it makes no difference to me, I learned my lesson and I didn't hurt ANYONE.

You saying I should have been locked away for a year at 22 years of age for NOT hurtin anyone but making a wrong decision AT THE AGE OF 22 tho...c'mon now...not only that but for the rest of my life be labeled a felon because of it...what good would that have done?...

Back
Top Bottom