Dwight Howard to work with The Dream this summer Vol. Ya'll kept asking for it

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

he needs to play soccer all summer and work on his footwork

Dwight needs to hit up Steve Nash!

I thought you were talking about The Dream (R&B singer), and Dwight was coming out with an album
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Dwight needs to develop his left hand it is so inconsistent
also...
- he needs to realize that its not necessary to jump out the gym on every move, if he uses those massive shoulders and elbows properly
sick.gif

- his release point on his jumper needs to be higher
-some kind of counter to the right hook
He doesn't really need a left hand. He needs to worry about his right being consistent. The *%%$ worked for Kobe. 

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Dwight needs to develop his left hand it is so inconsistent
also...
- he needs to realize that its not necessary to jump out the gym on every move, if he uses those massive shoulders and elbows properly
sick.gif

- his release point on his jumper needs to be higher
-some kind of counter to the right hook
He doesn't really need a left hand. He needs to worry about his right being consistent. The *%%$ worked for Kobe. 
He will never be a consistent back to the basket finisher without being able to go over his left and RIGHT shoulder.
All good post players can do both.... I've seen flashes but he has no touch.

Yall must not know how much work Patrick Ewing put in on his own game early in his career, when he was in college he WAS Dwight Howard. just go find some footage, he jumped and blocked shots adn dunked, thats it. He developed his post game. its been what 6 yrs in for dwight, and he has ZERO post game. he doesnt have the footwork to be back to the basket kinda guy. He is a run fast in a straight line/jump high kinda guy. there's no way a 6'8-6'9 dude coulda guarded Ewing one on one in his prime the way Big Baby and Perkins did to D12 without a gettin a 40+ bein hung on them.

all Dwight needs is a basic turn around like Pat had. he dont need all these soccer like/twinkle toes moves that he isnt equipped for. just think, he couldnt maneuver his way around hefty %@% big baby one on one in the post. not ONCE was he able to get by either of those guys, he's a long strider. God didnt bless Dwight with feet, end of story

No more +%*!+@ excuses for dwight, it aint his coaching

Originally Posted by BangDak

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by FullMetal

I thought you were talking about The Dream (R&B singer), and Dwight was coming out with an album
laugh.gif
I cant lie, i lol'ed
laugh.gif

same at the comment and the pic haha

honestly i just dont think he has the hands. i kno its weird, but when u see a big man like amare going in to the basket strong and finishing a layup gently, you just cant see dwight having the hands to do something like that

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

all Dwight needs is a basic turn around like Pat had. he dont need all these soccer like/twinkle toes moves that he isnt equipped for. just think, he couldnt maneuver his way around hefty %@% big baby one on one in the post. not ONCE was he able to get by either of those guys, he's a long strider. God didnt bless Dwight with feet, end of story

I had a convo about D12 a week or two back and I came to this same conclusion.

They got dude out here doing every post move in the book, all these spin moves, jab steps and everything else.

Teach him how to get good position, and then drop step and dunk on whoever is in the way. That or turn over the left shoulder and make a jump hook.

No matter who coaches him, you can't teach him the necessary footwork or the smooth moves. Dude is as stiff as a rock with all his moves. You can't teach finesse. And for those who say Shaq can't teach his size. Shaq was like 270 his rookie year. And he still steam rolled people because his quickness, footwork, and feel for the game was beyond Howard's. He only really started getting fat and bit and bulldozed people when he joined the Lakers.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I had a convo about D12 a week or two back and I came to this same conclusion.

They got dude out here doing every post move in the book, all these spin moves, jab steps and everything else.

Teach him how to get good position, and then drop step and dunk on whoever is in the way. That or turn over the left shoulder and make a jump hook.
I think this is a really good point.

I may be in the minority, but I think claims that Dwight has no post moves or terrible moves are overstated. His running hook is solid, and he's  developed his left hand over the past year. If you look at the top post players, how many of them even attempt to use their off hand? Boozer and maybe Duncan come to mind. I think the main problems are his hands/feet. His moves are slow and that makes every non-dunk a contested shot. He doesn't finish in traffic nearly as well as most big guys. With his size and athleticism, his drop stop needs to be better. I routinely see him have the ball within four feet of the basket unable complete the basic drop step + power dunk/layup.

I also think ORL does a poor job of getting Dwight the ball when he has good post position. Countless times each game, Dwight will have deep post position and either get called for a 3 second violation or have the ball swung to the other side of the court.

He needs to put the damn weights down and work on becoming a little more agile in the sense of creating his own shot, and making sure it is a quality one.

We know how strong and powerful he is, but he doesnt use it to his advantage whatsoever.

He is THE most gifted athlete in the NBA, but he just needs to find out how to use it to his advantage and he will absolutely dominate night in night out.

Dwight needs to develop a consistent 10-12ft turnaround jumper to keep defenders honest.....

who cares hes never going to win a title without a "kobe" type player. coaches have conquered playing defense on a big man especially after shaq, but shaq had kobe and shaq had d wade

Imagine if Dwight had Pau's skill.

MVP. no questions asked.

If Pau had Dwight's physical abilities, he too would be MVP.

he should actually be taking lessons from David Robinson. That would suit him more.

eek.gif
I loved that vid....at 47, Dream was shaking the $@%$ out of Smoove....homie still got it.

We'll never see footwork from the 5 from another center for a long....LONG time.

if howard had any kind of post game, he'd be more valuable than lebron. as it is, you give it to him on the block, the refs know he's puttin up garbage either way so they let defenders shove him all they want

Back
Top Bottom