* forwards vid to andrew bynum

yeah that dude needs it.

eek.gif
eek.gif
@ Jsmooth getting up
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ him getting scored on. He looked real pissed.
I watch mad Hawks games this year and I dont remember josh using any of those moves. lol

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

We'll never see footwork from the 5 from another center for a long....LONG time.
THE best YOU have ever seen? the best to ever do it period
how much reps that takes to get that smooth 
sick.gif
pimp.gif

I bow to him..

Originally Posted by Kobefan23

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

all Dwight needs is a basic turn around like Pat had. he dont need all these soccer like/twinkle toes moves that he isnt equipped for. just think, he couldnt maneuver his way around hefty %@% big baby one on one in the post. not ONCE was he able to get by either of those guys, he's a long strider. God didnt bless Dwight with feet, end of story

I had a convo about D12 a week or two back and I came to this same conclusion.

They got dude out here doing every post move in the book, all these spin moves, jab steps and everything else.

Teach him how to get good position, and then drop step and dunk on whoever is in the way. That or turn over the left shoulder and make a jump hook.
I think this is a really good point.

I may be in the minority, but I think claims that Dwight has no post moves or terrible moves are overstated. His running hook is solid, and he's  developed his left hand over the past year. If you look at the top post players, how many of them even attempt to use their off hand? Boozer and maybe Duncan come to mind. I think the main problems are his hands/feet. His moves are slow and that makes every non-dunk a contested shot. He doesn't finish in traffic nearly as well as most big guys. With his size and athleticism, his drop stop needs to be better. I routinely see him have the ball within four feet of the basket unable complete the basic drop step + power dunk/layup.

I also think ORL does a poor job of getting Dwight the ball when he has good post position. Countless times each game, Dwight will have deep post position and either get called for a 3 second violation or have the ball swung to the other side of the court.
Agreed that Dwight has developed his left hand. But you realize that every good post player in the NBA has a solid left hand...Gasol, Kaman come to mind...Honestly, Dwight's offensive problems are overrated...he's not asked to dominate the ball every possession. To me, Orlando plays its best when they dominate on defense, and on offense, work it in and then back outside to their shooters.
"I routinely see him have the ball within four feet of the basket unable complete the basic drop step + power dunk/layup"

^That's the main problem here folks. With his body, he should be going towards the basket and overpowering his defender instead of going away from his defender and settling for a fading hook shot.

And someone mentioned it earlier, but yeah, the main problem with his free throws is his low release point. He almost releases it from his shoulders, which is 
sick.gif

Can't knock Ewing.

Yao progressed under Ewing when Van Gundy was there.

Like people have said, he needs to work on his footwork.

Originally Posted by WallaceFactor

Originally Posted by Kobefan23

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

all Dwight needs is a basic turn around like Pat had. he dont need all these soccer like/twinkle toes moves that he isnt equipped for. just think, he couldnt maneuver his way around hefty %@% big baby one on one in the post. not ONCE was he able to get by either of those guys, he's a long strider. God didnt bless Dwight with feet, end of story

I had a convo about D12 a week or two back and I came to this same conclusion.

They got dude out here doing every post move in the book, all these spin moves, jab steps and everything else.

Teach him how to get good position, and then drop step and dunk on whoever is in the way. That or turn over the left shoulder and make a jump hook.
I think this is a really good point.

I may be in the minority, but I think claims that Dwight has no post moves or terrible moves are overstated. His running hook is solid, and he's  developed his left hand over the past year. If you look at the top post players, how many of them even attempt to use their off hand? Boozer and maybe Duncan come to mind. I think the main problems are his hands/feet. His moves are slow and that makes every non-dunk a contested shot. He doesn't finish in traffic nearly as well as most big guys. With his size and athleticism, his drop stop needs to be better. I routinely see him have the ball within four feet of the basket unable complete the basic drop step + power dunk/layup.

I also think ORL does a poor job of getting Dwight the ball when he has good post position. Countless times each game, Dwight will have deep post position and either get called for a 3 second violation or have the ball swung to the other side of the court.
Agreed that Dwight has developed his left hand. But you realize that every good post player in the NBA has a solid left hand...Gasol, Kaman come to mind...Honestly, Dwight's offensive problems are overrated...he's not asked to dominate the ball every possession. To me, Orlando plays its best when they dominate on defense, and on offense, work it in and then back outside to their shooters.
"I routinely see him have the ball within four feet of the basket unable complete the basic drop step + power dunk/layup"

^That's the main problem here folks. With his body, he should be going towards the basket and overpowering his defender instead of going away from his defender and settling for a fading hook shot.

And someone mentioned it earlier, but yeah, the main problem with his free throws is his low release point. He almost releases it from his shoulders, which is 
sick.gif

his body is actually not that powerful. he has huge arms and shoulders, but he also has chicken legs, which hurt him when hes trying to establish deeper position in the post.

just look at his legs.

6a00d83451c3cb69e20115711245f2970b-500wi

now compare that to Perkins
Toronto+Raptors+v+Boston+Celtics+WcHqgoUwNZrl.jpg

that is why Perkins holds his ground against Dwight every time. it doesnt matter how big your upper body is. Dwight needs to stop doing bicep curls and hit the squat rack.

^^^The size of your legs has nothing to do with strength. Dwight's lower body is nowhere near weak.

^^^The size of your legs has nothing to do with strength. Dwight's lower body is nowhere near weak.

--Hakeem has alot of work to do.
--Not taking anything away from D12..but he dont have the footwork and ball handling skills to do what The Dream can do. NO WAY.
--The Celtics exposed him this year. Bad.

Avg. near 22 and 11 with 3 blocks on 50+ fg percentage is being exposed? He only had two bad games that series and they were 1 and 3.

Originally Posted by CE0 Mal

Avg. near 22 and 11 with 3 blocks on 50+ fg percentage is being exposed? He only had two bad games that series and they were 1 and 3.

Yeah but he did that against Perkins and Glen Davis, both of whom are shorter and smaller than he is. Those are Alonzo Mourning type numbers, not Hakeem/Shaq/Robinson/Ewing type numbers.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Personally, I think Dwight is "too strong" to have the finesse game of Hakeem.

Not an excuse.

Robinson thrived with strength and athleticism.

Dwight should be able to do the same.

Early to mid-90s Admiral, straight
sick.gif

Some techniques can indeed be taught but in some cases it just has to be natural to a player. Dwight can try to replicate Hakeem's footwork but we have to remember Hakeem incorporated his skillful footwork from his soccer days. I don't think we'll ever see Dwight have a post presence as good as Ewing or Hakeem... hopefully i'm wrong.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Can't knock Ewing.

Yao progressed under Ewing when Van Gundy was there.

Like people have said, he needs to work on his footwork.

Exactly.  People who wanna blame Ewing seem to forgot how much better Yao got under his coaching.  This isn't on Pat, it's on Dwight stop being apologists for him.

Hes not fundamentally sound offensively. It's not a mental thing at all.

Talbert

Originally Posted by raptors29

Dwight has a weak base. Thats the scouting report on him. Thats why smaller guys can guard him one on one. All you have to do is get lower than him. Look at the video posted against Gortat. He is establishing position with his upper body instead of his lower. 

Back
Top Bottom