eBay sellers selling GM/Unauthorized shoes as Authentic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't eBay be cracking down on this. These ppl buy these shoes for about what $150 and sell em for $250 plus. There so many space jams and concords with blue soles and no yellowing at all

:lol: at ebay cracking down

They can care less about shoes. You can sell anything on ebay.

GM shoes are authentic...just unauthorized

Sneaker nerds are da worst...crispy icy soles galore

And these idiots looking for yellowed soled pairs

Now :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
I've been away from the shoe game for a couple years, so I guess I may be unfamiliar to the new lingo. But what are GM shoes?

I've been away from the shoe game for a couple years, so I guess I may be unfamiliar to the new lingo. But what are GM shoes?

Grey market.

Better known to da industry overall as "third shift"

Merchandise thats gets overproduced by contracted

Factories and sold to da side in da blackmarket.

Ebay doesn't care about this. I wouldnt buy em though

Grey market.

No.
umm yess..is called stop being a diva and do your homework.

sneakerheads are probably da worst uneducated snobs when it comes to behind da scenes **** in regards to their respective hobby...

Grey market.

No.
umm yess..is called stop being a diva and do your homework.

sneakerheads are probably da worst uneducated snobs when it comes to behind da scenes **** in regards to their respective hobby...

This.

I always hear this, but someone always says that thats not what they are. I'm confused.
anyone telling you this it isn't is doing it to be genuine. they're doing it to protect their interests...

a sucker will have you believing, cooked yellow 4 year old space jams outta champs sports should be worth more then a grey market pair of icy sole space jams freshly made

on da basis that "his pair came from a authorized retailer" while your pair was made "threw grey market channels" meanwhile they're both made exactly da same...

its da type of fleecing da diamond industry does to sell their overpriced stones and prevent them from flooding da secondary market and depress da resell market.

Last edited:
blood money is still money at da end of da day...

if i rob you for your kicks, and sell em on da net, they gonna go for w/e da going rate da kicks go for, ill gotten or not.

That didn't answer the question

Fakes can go for the going rate if they aren't labeled fake or the consumer doesn't realize it.

Last edited:

blood money is still money at da end of da day...

if i rob you for your kicks, and sell em on da net, they gonna go for w/e da going rate da kicks go for, ill gotten or not.
That didn't answer the question

Fakes can go for the going rate if they aren't labeled fake or the consumer doesn't realize it.
but they're clearly NOT fake...

so da premise of your question is inaccurate.

grey markets have a problem with ETHICS, not da actual product. (unauthorized vs authorized)

im actually glad this thread is here in general, primetime...its starting to get ridiculous in da checks sections.

Last edited:
Gm's are fake don't listen to ninjahood
oh yeah? so what makes em fake genius...cuz you sound like you dunno what da **** you talkin bout.

here's a article on all these space jams floating around now..

http://www.sneakerfiles.com/2011/08/19/discussion-are-they-legit-if-nike-doesnt-approve/

[h1]Discussion: Are They Legit if Nike Doesn’t Approve[/h1]
August 19, 2011 - 45 comments

Discussion-Are-They-Legit-if-Nike-Doesnt-Approve.jpg

Earlier this week we reported on an article posted by Sole Supremacy, a local consignment shop in the Bay Area, which gave readers something to think about prior to purchasing your sneakers early from early online retailers.

By now we all know there is a separate market for sneaker enthusiasts in which the factories hired by Nike to take care of the production and manufacturing of products end up cutting a deal with said early sellers in order to turn over a huge profit per pair of shoes sold. These sneakers are not authorized or approved by Nike to be manufactured & sold to public yet they end up making their way online for those of us who want to secure their pair, buy a pair early or simply just don’t have the patients it takes to wait 3-4 months until release date.

What is even more interesting than this ‘other’ market is what the factories are starting to produce specifically for their local buyers to sell to their consumers.

There is a local Bay Area resident who had just purchased a pair of Space Jam Air Jordan XI’s which were magically restocked at an online retailer aka early site. I was going to include the name of this retailer but have since decided not to do so. Anyhow, there was a restock of Space Jam AJXI’s… strange since they were manufactured and released in 2009. The pair purchased came in its official packaging, included the shoe trees and looked legit. In fact, they were legit… everything from the materials to the tech placed inside of the shoe came straight out of a Nike manufacturing plant. This is where it starts to get interesting…

Discussion-Are-They-Legit-if-Nike-Doesnt-Approve-1.jpg

Notice the manufacture date on the tag. The final date labeled on the shoe states the product had been completed on 2/12/10… for a product that had released in 2009?

Discussion-Are-They-Legit-if-Nike-Doesnt-Approve-3.jpg

Besides the tag, the only difference between the ’09 pair (on the left) and the ‘restocked’ pair (right) is the patent leather cut is slightly higher; just in case you’re wondering, they are both a Men’s size 11. Other than that it’d be hard to tell the two apart from one another.

My only guess as to how something like this were to happen is if Nike/ Jordan Brand were secretly planning a re-release, which makes absolutely no sense at all seeing as how the Concords are releasing in December, or the factory that has been contracted to manufacture Nike’s products produced a run of Space Jam Air Jordan XI’s specifically for these early sites to sell.

Discussion-Are-They-Legit-if-Nike-Doesnt-Approve-2.jpg

The good in all of this is that if you were to have purchased a pair, they are extremely icy where most of ours from 2009 are showing signs of age. The bad is that these runs of Space Jam XI’s are not authorized by Nike so the quality standards are nonexistent in this case. You can’t even label these B-Grade products either since they have not gone through quality control, they are more like ghost shoes… they really don’t exist.

Say you receive said product from said retailer and there were something wrong with the shoe. Typically you would file a claim with Nike, send the sneakers to Beaverton where they go through an inspection and then a decision is made to either issue the purchaser a credit for the retail price or send the shoes back to the consumer. If the pair sent to Nike was a non authorized pair, what would happen? Would Nike be able to tell the difference? If they were, what would happen… would you have your shoes sent back to you or would they keep them?

In a sense, you could buy a pair of these so called ‘restocked’ Space Jams for their $245 asking price (not including shipping charges) that are technically non Nike products or you can spend $65 on a pair of fake Space Jams which are also a non authorized Nike product… only difference is one seller is being honest about what you are purchasing while the other is being deceitful.

So, my question to you is this; if they are made at the Nike factory, with Nike materials and Nike tech without Nike’s acknowledgement or consent… are they real Nike/ Jordan products?

Does any of this change your perspective on purchasing from early sellers or do you not care either way?

grey markets have a problem with ETHICS, not da actual product. (unauthorized vs authorized)

im actually glad this thread is here in general, primetime...its starting to get ridiculous in da checks sections.

What?

You aren't answering my question. You're avoiding it.

I asked you a simple question...yes or no. Would you pay the same amount for grey market kicks?

I asked you a simple question...yes or no. Would you pay the same amount for grey market kicks?
how em i avoiding a question? of course i would pay da same MSRP for a retail pair or grey market pair..its da same ****.

and i got 2 pairs of retail space jams...ya act like they ONLY sell grey markets on da internet...a WHOLE BUNCH of mom and pop stores got

these in stock, and guess what? theyre da same **** as my pairs i copped from champ sports in 2009. go to fordham, to to harlem, they there IN PERSON..

you can see em.

da problem with this whole **** is you little kiddies are JUST NOW being exposed to da downfalls of outsourcing manufacturing to factories who don't have

your interests 100% in mind.

**** happened to da ewing brand, and now that nike went to da lowest common denominator to save a buck they're paying for it with those same factories

they sanctioned to make their products are now making em whenever they want, and bypassing everything.

da thirsty sneakerheads and da internet created a market for it...you think china dont see what these retros that they make for pennies going for online

for once they cross da Pacific?  alot of ya cats is naive as ****.

laugh.gif

Last edited:
I love how you try to word yourself out of discussions

So you would pay the same $400 on ebay for some grey market space jams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom