Ebay zero feedback kid trying to scam me.

Ebay sucks these days, there is absolutely no protection as a seller and Ebay/Paypal always sides with the buyer in every situation.

I use to have no qualms about selling on Ebay, now every transaction Im worried about being scammed.

You have to take extra precautions, take a picture of the sellers address on a shipping label with the actual shoes in the box. Keep all tracking receipts (hard copies) and all photos that you have.

You buy cheap little things from large seller stores.
Doesn’t change anything

Everyone starts somewhere. I’ve bought plenty times from random 0 feedback where most y’all would say stay away... zero issues

But then again ebay got your back

Selling all depends what you’re willing to risk. I’m careful with who I sell to now. Way too many scammers out there, tbh I just look them up on google, address, etc go from there

You have to take extra precautions, take a picture of the sellers address on a shipping label with the actual shoes in the box. Keep all tracking receipts (hard copies) and all photos that you have.
For high value, I video tape the packaging and dropping off at post office. I also try to catch the mail man when it gets delivered and do an opening then and there of bought products.

They used to go by matching weights on returns. But people. Began sending potatoes and bricks. It wouldn't be out of the realm to Google their name and see if you can dig up some dirt. Work place? Relative names. How far do you want to out the culprit?

Over $200 I think it was, you would need to use signature confirmation.

I've gotten the Post Master general for my area involved and they got the driver involved. That was for cases of 'missing' packages. This could also involve police matters depending on what they are claiming.

For high value, I video tape the packaging and dropping off at post office. I also try to catch the mail man when it gets delivered and do an opening then and there of bought products.

They used to go by matching weights on returns. But people. Began sending potatoes and bricks. It wouldn't be out of the realm to Google their name and see if you can dig up some dirt. Work place? Relative names. How far do you want to out the culprit?

I hear you. Honestly just have to do what blastercombo blastercombo said and simply not sell any high value items to 0 feedback buyers.

I do that but it still doesnt matter, theres serious flaws in Ebays system.

For example, I was selling an item listed at 1000 bucks which was a far price but I was expecting to settle around 850-900.

I get an offer from this woman for 625 along with a message asking to accept the offer (like that matters)

I politely decline the offer and tell her its too low especially with shipping fees (45 bucks for this item) and the Ebay and Paypal fees. Then I left my computer and went about my day.

Came home that night and she sent me an offer for 645 along with another message saying "Alright I sent the offer lets get this over with" followed by another message 20 mins later saying"Hellooooo???Do you even check your messages or what?!?!?"

I politely decline her offer and tell her again its just too low.

Then she starts trying to make a deal outside of Ebay and I tell her Im not going to make a deal with her outside of Ebay (Ive done this plenty of times with trusted buyers but this item was too much of a risk especially since the user and just joined 2 months ago and barely had any feedback)

Then she hits buy it now on the item, messages me that she wants to cancel and she didnt mean to accept the offer(There was no offer sent lol)

Then the next day she does it again, hits the buy it now, doesnt pay and asks to cancel. I ask her politely to please stop.

Then the following day she hits the buy it now AGAIN but this time she pays and demands that I overnight the item to a different PO Box than listed.

At this point I want nothing to do with this buyer and her weird *** so I do what everyone else would of done and canceled the transaction. She then leaves negative feedback ( The only negative feedback Ive received) and I can do nothing as a seller but leave her Positive feedback.

I tried to dispute the feedback but Ebay did nothing.

Ebay is a buyers paradise.

People can buy a pair of kicks, wear them around for a couple weeks and then just say its not as described and send you back a beat pair of kicks and Ebay will side with the buyer.

I just sold a pair of shoes and the buyer, after leaving positive feedback and being all set is now all of a sudden opening a return saying they "arrived damaged"

Theres nothing I can do but accept the return, they havent shipped the shoes back yet, I expect to get the kicks back obviously worn or maybe not even the same kicks.

People can buy a pair of kicks, wear them around for a couple weeks and then just say its not as described and send you back a beat pair of kicks and Ebay will side with the buyer.

I just sold a pair of shoes and the buyer, after leaving positive feedback and being all set is now all of a sudden opening a return saying they "arrived damaged"

Theres nothing I can do but accept the return, they havent shipped the shoes back yet, I expect to get the kicks back obviously worn or maybe not even the same kicks.
Ouch, that and “seems unauthentic” are catch alls

Doesn’t change anything

Everyone starts somewhere. I’ve bought plenty times from random 0 feedback where most y’all would say stay away... zero issues

But then again ebay got your back

Selling all depends what you’re willing to risk. I’m careful with who I sell to now. Way too many scammers out there, tbh I just look them up on google, address, etc go from there
Man do you but NEVER will I buy from ANYONE with less than 8-9 SELLING the same type of item feedback. I’m willing to wait for the stars to align for me to make a big purchase

Last edited:
I do that but it still doesnt matter, theres serious flaws in Ebays system.

For example, I was selling an item listed at 1000 bucks which was a far price but I was expecting to settle around 850-900.

I get an offer from this woman for 625 along with a message asking to accept the offer (like that matters)

I politely decline the offer and tell her its too low especially with shipping fees (45 bucks for this item) and the Ebay and Paypal fees. Then I left my computer and went about my day.

Came home that night and she sent me an offer for 645 along with another message saying "Alright I sent the offer lets get this over with" followed by another message 20 mins later saying"Hellooooo???Do you even check your messages or what?!?!?"

I politely decline her offer and tell her again its just too low.

Then she starts trying to make a deal outside of Ebay and I tell her Im not going to make a deal with her outside of Ebay (Ive done this plenty of times with trusted buyers but this item was too much of a risk especially since the user and just joined 2 months ago and barely had any feedback)

Then she hits buy it now on the item, messages me that she wants to cancel and she didnt mean to accept the offer(There was no offer sent lol)

Then the next day she does it again, hits the buy it now, doesnt pay and asks to cancel. I ask her politely to please stop.

Then the following day she hits the buy it now AGAIN but this time she pays and demands that I overnight the item to a different PO Box than listed.

At this point I want nothing to do with this buyer and her weird *** so I do what everyone else would of done and canceled the transaction. She then leaves negative feedback ( The only negative feedback Ive received) and I can do nothing as a seller but leave her Positive feedback.

I tried to dispute the feedback but Ebay did nothing.

Ebay is a buyers paradise.
That sounds crazy. Could put not have done an unpaid item strike on the first few accepted offers or commitments to buy? Also deals outside of eBay can be reported via the messaging interface. They have copies of everything. It's crazy they couldn't wipe the feedback off after all of that evidence.

Buying isnt a big deal cuz eBay protects buyers. Selling to 0fb is another story though

That sounds crazy. Could put not have done an unpaid item strike on the first few accepted offers or commitments to buy? Also deals outside of eBay can be reported via the messaging interface. They have copies of everything. It's crazy they couldn't wipe the feedback off after all of that evidence.

eBay just flat out doesn’t respect their sellers unless you run a store and sell thousands of items a year, even then I’m sure those sellers get BSd all the time.

It just boggles my mind sometimes the buyers you encounter on EBay these days.

A few weeks ago a buyer purchased an item at about midnight on Saturday night , messages me at 10am Sunday with “are you going to ship or what!?!”

You can’t make this stuff up.

Mercari>*
I don't sell, but I've brought some stuff from there. Only ran through 1 issue. I got sold a device with faulty lithium batteries, good thing it was replaceable.

alchemist alchemist Sorry to hear what happened to you. But that negative feedback CAN be reversed if the buyer did not actually pay for the item or asked you to cancel after they paid. But you have to do this within 24 hours.

I honestly don't understand why buyers are even allowed to leave feedback if they have not paid nor has the item been shipped - it's a serious flaw in the software platform their using. This actually happened to me once and eBay customer support looked up my account and reversed it. The only loss to me was my time.

That said, eBay needs to stop trying to emulate Amazon and go back to their roots where they were essentially an auction house for personal belongings or collectibles that you didn't want anymore. Their 'buyer is always right' mentality is hurting them as it's only the high volume, mainland China sellers who can afford to issue full refunds or take massive negative feedback due to sheer volume. In that regard, Amazon is the far superior platform vs. eBay and they should realize this and stop trying to be Amazon. :smh:

Man do you but NEVER will I buy from ANYONE with less than 8-9 SELLING the same type of item feedback. I’m willing to wait for the stars to align for me to make a big purchase
Nah man, that eBay buyer protection is too good if I ever run into a problem. Rarely buy anymore but I never ran into an issue so far

:rofl::rofl:

I must of clicked on something else. Disregard my post
85483421-926E-4BB0-8107-F65D576E5DB6.jpeg

I've been meaning to throw up 10-20 various items on ebay for over a year and reading things like this is the reason I don't. I don't sell ds shoes on there at all and just deal with stock/goat/etc cause of their lack of respect for sellers

Nah man, that eBay buyer protection is too good if I ever run into a problem. Rarely buy anymore but I never ran into an issue so far
Buying is very different from selling. Even at that I won’t buy shoes from a guy with no feedback. Protection and all I’m not waiting 2-3 weeks for my money back

This topic comes up every few months, so i’ll Post my standard reply.

As someone who has bought/sold on feeBay for almost 20 years, the long and short of it is that feeBay doesn’t care about sellers.

When PayPal was still a separate company, there was a chance you could fight a dispute, but since the merger/acquisition, good luck.

All that video/filming yourself packaging the item and whatnot is pointless, as I can attest from experience, it won’t matter in the final analysis.

For a buyer to NOT win a dispute (legitimate or not) they would have to employ a comedy of errors.

Share one story: buyer bid on a pair of shoes I listed and wins (of course). After a few days I message them to find out what was taking so long for them to pay (mind you this buyer was also a seller with 400+ positive feedbacks).

Buyer replies like “oh; I put a bunch of bids in on similar items and buy the low one/one I want. Just cancel the transaction.”

I reply telling them they need to honor their bid or i’m gonna file a non-paying bidders complaint.

Buyer responds saying he will pay, but that he’s going to pay me back through feedback.

Sure enough, got a negative for asking a buyer to pay for an item they paid for.

Customer service got back to me a week later saying there was nothing they could do; buyer “didn’t abuse the feedback system” according to them.

Oh I love buying from those sellers.

That’s where the steals be at. They usually don’t know how to optimally post pics and descriptions so a good item will sell for under value.

Send me some bull **** if you want to :lol:

I’m getting my money back regardless.

^ouch. How many 'not as described' claims can one file? I know retail outlets can get your driver's license # for a set # of returns without receipts. It seems like there would be a history or back log of info on terrible buyers.

Unless the buyer has the worst luck ever, dude from ga could be doing this every other day for more and more shoes.

I've been meaning to throw up 10-20 various items on ebay for over a year and reading things like this is the reason I don't. I don't sell ds shoes on there at all and just deal with stock/goat/etc cause of their lack of respect for sellers

I would never use EBay if the kicks I sold were DS, I would most definitely go through StockX. All the kicks I sell on eBay are just ones from my collection that have been worn.

All in all most of transactions go smooth on the bay but once you get comfortable some dickhead comes through and wants to pull one on you.

The fees are ridiculous, the risks as a seller have become more and more apparent but there’s really just no one that truly competes with eBay.

Back
Top Bottom